Jets receiving calls to acquire Sheldon Richardson

Jets Daily Dosage.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If we draft like sh*t, how do you explain Richardson?

Some posters are so scarred by the Jets FO view of Geno Smith that they see nothing else.  Leonard Williams is on pace to post double-digit sacks in his second season, but the Jets can't draft.  LOL

11 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Take whatever you can get. Leonard Williams is our best defense of player. Wilkerson for better or worse signed long-term. There is simply no room for a third guy. Plus  Sheldon  has made fairly clear he will be very difficult to sign and he wants top dollar. 

So all you guys who say you would not trade him except for top 10 pick give me the contract details for both him and Leonard Williams extensions place those next to Wilkerson's. 

You're talking NFL with the salary cap, while some are talking Madden or fantasy football where anything is possible .  

Just now, AFJF said:

Some posters are so scarred by the Jets FO view of Geno Smith that they see nothing else.  Leonard Williams has six sacks in his second year, but the Jets can't draft.  LOL

Williams was a no brainer he was the best defensive player on the board when the Jets drafted. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Williams was a no brainer he was the best defensive player on the board when the Jets drafted. 

I'm shocked to learn you're one of the many fans who call every good pick "obvious", but the bad ones prove to be a terrible FO.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Review the history of Jets draft picks and tell me we've been successful. 

Tell me what Mike Maccagnan has to do with the Jets entire history of draft picks.  Dying to hear the logic behind this thought process.

20 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Great, we have the invisible sh*tbox for 100 mil and Sheldon will be gone.

He's gone no matter what.

Can't keep those 3 D Linemen.  We resigned the safer one, who is either hurt or doesn't care, so now we have to trade the nutcase who seems to be keeping his nose clean, but is the better player.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

The problem is you are bringing history into a discussion where it is irrelevant. Different personnel, different scout teams etc. The draft history is irrelevant

How is it irrelevant because you say it is.  Review our draft history we've been bad I'm not speculating this is fact. 

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We draft like sh*t NO WAY IN HELL 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

"The jets suck at drafting"

"The jets had a good draft plan and scouting and executed it well" 

Which one is it?

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, teams have been "calling" about Jets DE Sheldon Richardson.

The trade deadline is Tuesday at 4 PM ET, so the Jets only have two days left to strike a deal. The Jets don't have much cap space available and Richardson has only one year remaining on his contract after this season. It wouldn't hurt the Jets to at least gauge his value over the next 48 hours. If the Jets don't get an offer to their liking, they could look to trade Richardson again during the offseason.

Oct 30 - 10:28 AM

Geno Smith is voted worst QB in the NFL twice after 29 career starts...not his fault

Mike Maccagnan has had two drafts as a GM...every draft in team history is his fault.

Imagine my surprise in seeing this "thought' process.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Oh my God. I wonder if Mike Maccagnan was on the Jets staff when we drafted Kyle Brady? Hell, THE OWNER WASNT HERE WHEN WE DRAFTED KYLE BRADY

Who does Macc have on his resume as drafted superstars?  JJ Watt was a no brainer so was Hopkins if he's even responsible for him the Texans are worse off than the Jets. 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Oh my God. I wonder if Mike Maccagnan was on the Jets staff when we drafted Kyle Brady? Hell, THE OWNER WASNT HERE WHEN WE DRAFTED KYLE BRADY

This has to be schtick.  Nobody can possibly "think" this way.  The two-year GM is at fault for the 30+ years of terrible drafting?

16 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Sheldon  has made fairly clear he will be very difficult to sign and he wants top dollar. 

This to me is the key point.  Regardless of skill or off the field issues, this feels like Revis Part 2 in the making.  I could easily see a hold out and a bunch of disruption here trying to squeeze top dollar. 

2 minutes ago, jetscanes331 said:

"The jets suck at drafting"

"The jets had a good draft plan and scouting and executed it well" 

Which one is it?

We dont draft well if you calculate all the picks and all the players still on the team or in the NFL many 1st rounders are busts. 

Williams was the best defensive player available when the Jets drafted. 

7 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

It was a no brainer for the Redskins at 4 as well but they instead picked a guard. 

Redskins picked 5th, but I said the same thing in another thread. No point sticking up for Mac; it is like Fitz vs. Geno; This board is filled with side-takers; pro Mac can see no wrong, anti Mac can't see anything good. For those of us in the middle it can be very frustrating, but it is what it is.

It was a no-brainer, but the Jags and Raiders pass on him as well. Either it is a no brainer and 3 teams f-d up, or it is a balanced decision and Mac did well. Either way, it is like the election; those in their own camps cannot see right in the other candidate and wrong in their own... 

24 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Wilkerson for better or worse signed long-term.

Doesn't mean we can't fix the mistake.  When teams call for Sheldon, sell them on Wilk and his deal.  

Letting Sheldon go would be a huge mistake.  There is no way to replace a guy with his level of talent and hustle.

Archived