Rock bottom

UnitedWhofans

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I will eat crow myself. I am extremely impressed with Bowles and his halftime adjustments.

Once again, a very solid job coaching.

I can't remember another good game he has had this year. Also, an argument could be made that he is responsible for this team coming out so flat against a terrible football team when they are supposed to be fighting for their football lives. His defense still stinks too.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I can't remember another good game he has had this year. Also, an argument could be made that he is responsible for this team coming out so flat against a terrible football team when they are supposed to be fighting for their football lives. His defense still stinks too.

Ravens

5 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

The first half of the Browns game was a new low also. I am surprised at how the Jets responded. I still think it is time to admit that this team is seriously flawed and the veteran players don't always give their best effort. I also think the Browns are more bad than the Jets are suddenly good. The Browns got away from what they were successful with in the first half and that was going at Revis. Fitzpatrick - to his credit - got his head right and Quincy Enunwa started catching the ball.

we got bailed out by Mccown.  Guy is a loser

18 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Stop posting.

18 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Why?

Allow me to take a stab at this.

It's not just because you're repetitive, attention seeking, not overly knowledgeable, or ruin the game thread for the rest of us...  We have plenty of that here.  Simply put, you are an absolute fraud.  A whiny bitch baby who's good for at least 3-4 threads per week preaching patience with the Jets failures.  You call out Jets fans, describing them as the "scum of the NFL," for turning on their coaches and not being willing to tolerate a "proper rebuild."  Yet, and this is where the fun really begins, you're unable to embody your own message... You, yourself don't have a shred of the patience you drone endlessly on and on about.  Think about it, the repetitive "patience" and "low expectations" guy is the guy who starts a thread, long before the game is over, called "Rock Bottom."  No less, in a game that the Jets end up winning convincingly.  So, yeah, you're an utter fraud.

Just now, gEYno said:

It's not just because you're repetitive, attention seeking, not overly knowledgeable, or ruin the game thread for the rest of us...  We have plenty of that here.  Simply put, you are a complete fraud.  A whiny bitch baby who's good for at least 3-4 threads per week preaching patience with the Jets failures.  You call out Jets fans, describing them as the "scum of the NFL," for turning on their coaches and not being willing to tolerate a proper rebuild.  Yet, and this is where the fun really begins, you're unable to embody your own message... You, yourself don't have a shred of the patience you drone endlessly on and on about.  Think about it, the repetitive "patience" and "low expectations" guy is the guy who starts a thread, long before the game is over, called "Rock Bottom."  No less, in a game that the Jets end up winning convincingly.  So, yeah, you're an utter fraud.

But, and here is the difference. I can eat crow about it. I perfectly admit that I jumped the gun. I'm human. That does not dispel my message of patience with the regime. 

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Even when I did not have patience for the game, I still have patience for the regime. I said that at the beginning of this thread. If you believe I am a fraud, then you didn't want to believe what I was saying in the first place

"Rock bottom" is not about a half of football, it is in fact about the state of the team as a whole.  And, it's not that I believe you are a fraud, it's that you demonstrably are one.  As far as not wanting to believe what you were saying, seemingly, that puts me in good company with the rest of this board, who isn't listening or changing their behavior, but can't quite ignore you because of how aggressively repetitive you are.

24 minutes ago, gEYno said:

It's not just because you're repetitive, attention seeking, not overly knowledgeable, or ruin the game thread for the rest of us...  We have plenty of that here.  Simply put, you are an absolute fraud.  A whiny bitch baby who's good for at least 3-4 threads per week preaching patience with the Jets failures.  You call out Jets fans, describing them as the "scum of the NFL," for turning on their coaches and not being willing to tolerate a "proper rebuild."  Yet, and this is where the fun really begins, you're unable to embody your own message... You, yourself don't have a shred of the patience you drone endlessly on and on about.  Think about it, the repetitive "patience" and "low expectations" guy is the guy who starts a thread, long before the game is over, called "Rock Bottom."  No less, in a game that the Jets end up winning convincingly.  So, yeah, you're an utter fraud.

But how do you really feel

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

"Rock bottom" is not about a half of football, it is in fact about the state of the team as a whole.  And, it's not that I believe you are a fraud, it's that you demonstrably are one.  As far as not wanting to believe what you were saying, seemingly, that puts me in good company with the rest of this board, who isn't listening or changing their behavior, but can't quite ignore you because of how aggressively repetitive you are.

Read what I said at the beginning. I said the team has hit rock bottom, but that I hope people have the patience with Macc to dig us out. 

Because when you hit "rock bottom", which can be both a half of football and the state of the organization, you need quality people to get you out. 

And another thing. This whole forum is repetitive. QB threads, Fire threads and so on.

So complaing about me doing it is kind of half assed, At least I allow for quality discussion as opposed to "Fitz sucks" being said a dozen times

22 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

But, and here is the difference. I can eat crow about it. I perfectly admit that I jumped the gun. I'm human. That does not dispel my message of patience with the regime. 

Eat a dick instead.

19 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Even when I did not have patience for the game, I still have patience for the regime. I said that at the beginning of this thread. If you believe I am a fraud, then you didn't want to believe what I was saying in the first place

tumblr_n0lb2sG7It1sjsk2ro1_400.jpg

26 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Not that any of this is wrong but I feel like you're missing like the most important piece of the annoyance, which is preaching patience to a fanbase that hasnt seen their team in the Super Bowl in over 40 years. 

Just now, JiF said:

Not that any of this is wrong but I feel like you're missing like the most important piece of the annoyance, which is preaching patience to a fanbase that hasnt seen their team in the Super Bowl in over 40 years. 

And why do you think that is? Lack of a consistent plan, bad drafting etc.

Just now, JiF said:

The most important piece is that this guy isn't trolling.  If he was, I'd applaud the effort, but he's not. He seems to truly believe that he offers a level of enlightened perspective that nobody here is privy to. It would fit right in with a strong "arrogance" shtick, but really it's just someone being a ninny.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

The most important piece is that this guy isn't trolling.  If he was, I'd applaud the effort, but he's not. He seems to truly believe that he offers a level of enlightened perspective that nobody here is privy to. It would fit right in with a strong "arrogance" shtick, but really it's just someone being a ninny.

I think everybody can be privy to it. They just don't want to, because they would rather wallow in misery and whine.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think everybody can be privy to it. They just don't want to, because they would rather wallow in misery and whine.

lol, you wallow in "nobody will listen to me", which is far more pathetic than being disappointed that this team sucks again... there's only a select few here that "wallow" over losing, and you're more in their camp than you realize

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, you wallow in "nobody will listen to me", which is far more pathetic than being disappointed that this team sucks again... there's only a select few here that "wallow" over losing, and you're more in their camp than you realize

So let me me get this straight. Wallowing in an important personal condition is more pathetic than wallowing in a team that has no impact on your personal life, makes you no money, unless you are a gambler, and that you have no control over whatsoever? 

Ok.

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So let me me get this straight. Wallowing in an important personal condition is more pathetic than wallowing in a team that has no impact on your personal life, makes you no money, unless you are a gambler, and that you have no control over whatsoever? 

Ok.

You're on a Jets message board, complaining about the Jets is literally what keeps this site in business.  Being a real-life bitch baby is transcendent.

11 minutes ago, gEYno said:

You're on a Jets message board, complaining about the Jets is literally what keeps this site in business.  Being a real-life bitch baby is transcendent.

Well then maybe we are both pathetic in our own ways. I am at least pathetic about something that matters in terms of the world, at least when it comes to my personal condition. The Jets will lose games and the sun will come out tomorrow

36 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Ok.

I wouldn't call "nobody listens to me" an important personal condition. However, let's pretend for a moment it is, in your case. Explain to me how people listening to you has an impact on your personal life, makes you money, and gives you control?

In order to be a good contrarian, you have to be smart enough to avoid making your own angles irrelevant. You aren't. 

20 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well then maybe we are both pathetic in our own ways. I am at least pathetic about something that matters in terms of the world, at least when it comes to my personal condition. The Jets will lose games and the sun will come out tomorrow

Nope, that's not it.

You spend an awful lot of time here trying to convince "others" that you are unaffected by the trials and tribulations of the Jets. It sounds more like you're trying to convince yourself.

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Nope, that's not it.

You spend an awful lot of time here trying to convince "others" that you are unaffected by the trials and tribulations of the Jets. It sounds more like you're trying to convince yourself.

I honestly believe the Jets are doing things the right way now. Getting a football guy in to make the football decisions. Keeping Woody to the side. Keeping draft picks

Now that being said, it feels good when people agree with you. Especially when it seems that you are in the minority. So in an echo chamber of negativity, to get your point across....

15 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I honestly believe the Jets are doing things the right way now. Getting a football guy in to make the football decisions. Keeping Woody to the side. Keeping draft picks

Now that being said, it feels good when people agree with you. Especially when it seems that you are in the minority. So in an echo chamber of negativity, to get your point across....

You aren't getting your point across. That's you being delusional. You state your point, but then contradict it routinely. Thus, nobody gives a crap... so you can stop canonizing yourself.

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The [problem is that the reputation is not matching the actions.  Many of the things you say 'in theory' are correct.

We have a Gm that is now a draft and talent evaluator

We have a calm Parcells disciple coach who did well last year and almost got us unto the playoffs.

In practice however both parts are not doing what they are supposed to be doing.  Bowels by any logical metric has taken a major step back from last year.  We have been out coached and schemed in the 1st half of almost every single game we have played and his dubious in game decisions have been greater this year.  He also is showing a very poor ability to get all the talent on defense to contribute to their abilities.

The GM seemed to have fallen for the very suspect thought that we are close to being able to make the playoffs and we need to add pieces.  His 1st year he needed to spend and I don;t blame him for the most part for those FA but this past year imo he made a number of suspect signings of guys that are not impact players that will merely remove highly coveted comp picks for next year.

The big judgment for both of these guys will come at the end of this year next off season imo.  If they fail to find out if our younger QBs can play and we are saddled with another year next year like thus one Qb wise and if they do not dump underachiever vets that should be dumped then the duo goes into the highly suspect category.  You don;t show patience if guys don;t have a clear vision of what they want to do.  And so far both of these guys do not seem to have a vision.

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I honestly believe the Jets are doing things the right way now. Getting a football guy in to make the football decisions. Keeping Woody to the side

The dirty little secret of the Jets is that this is not true.  

Macc is in charge of the roster.

Bowles is in charge of coaching.

They both report to Woody.  Woody is responsible for making sure that Macc is connecting with Bowles in terms of personnel, and that the team is being built for whatever Woody's goals are.

That is, in large part, the source of dysfunction.  The Jets at the end of 2014 had a awful, awful roster.  For the 2015 draft they had Macc, his notes from the Texans, and an awful lame duck scouting staff.  So Macc did the best he could to build the team, but whatever reason spent too much money (which had to be spent) on secondary personnel who are either inconsistent or not good, drafted a 3rd 3-4 end without getting rid of one of them (probably because, after not extending Wilkerson early, Woody did not like the "value" being offered) and was not able to strengthen the running game (RB, OL, TE) and pass rush as well as we would have like to given the players and money available.

So only really the 2016 draft reflects Macc's work, and who knows whose other hands (Bowles, Woody) were on the FA signings.  

So the Jets are currently in year 1 or 3 of a rebuild.

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The [problem is that the reputation is not matching the actions.  Many of the things you say 'in theory' are correct.

We have a Gm that is now a draft and talent evaluator

We have a calm Parcells disciple coach who did well last year and almost got us unto the playoffs.

In practice however both parts are not doing what they are supposed to be doing.  Bowels by any logical metric has taken a major step back from last year.  We have been out coached and schemed in the 1st half of almost every single game we have played and his dubious in game decisions have been greater this year.  He also is showing a very poor ability to get all the talent on defense to contribute to their abilities.

The GM seemed to have fallen for the very suspect thought that we are close to being able to make the playoffs and we need to add pieces.  His 1st year he needed to spend and I don;t blame him for the most part for those FA but this past year imo he made a number of suspect signings of guys that are not impact players that will merely remove highly coveted comp picks for next year.

The big judgment for both of these guys will come at the end of this year next off season imo.  If they fail to find out if our younger QBs can play and we are saddled with another year next year like thus one Qb wise and if they do not dump underachiever vets that should be dumped then the duo goes into the highly suspect category.  You don;t show patience if guys don;t have a clear vision of what they want to do.  And so far both of these guys do not seem to have a vision.

You're right. The theory is correct. And my worry is that if these two bottom out, that Woody will go back to the old way 

Archived