On to Miami

kevinc855

17 minutes ago, August said:

The game could go either way this won't be easy given that this is a divisional game. They've actually been playing well beating 2 hot teams in a row Pittsburgh and Buffalo. 

Pitt was in poor shape to play that game, with players puking all over the field.  Buffalo did not play well, preceding winning stretch notwithstanding, and the fish did barely beat Cleveland at home.

The key will be the Jets D stopping the run, and whether Revis can hold Landry in check.  If both those happen I don't see Miami scoring all that many points.  After that turnovers will decide the game.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, varjet said:

We are making the Dolphins sound like Shula's Dolphins, but the Jets are a bad match up against them.

The Jets are a bad match up against almost anyone.  

I dont think so simply because of what the Dolphins are now. The Dolphins have become a power running team with Ajayi. The Jets can stop the run. SO that makes Tannehill, he of 7 TDs and 7 INTs the key

3 wins. 100+ yards rushing

4 losses: under 100 yards.

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

So..you are saying we will have 2 losses to the PATS and every other team we will beat?

While of course plausible....  Fitzpatrick will have his shlt show game (s)  and we will more than likely end 7-9.

Maybe he got them all out of the way earlier this season :D

1 hour ago, dolphann4life said:

Thank god you slid by the lowly Browns to give us a semi-big matchup on Sunday. Siked to see how the Jets front does against the Jay-Train! Don't get run over! CHOO CHOO!

Image result for jay ajayi

I doubt the Jets have little worries about the J train. Now Jarvis Landry and the Miami pass rush that's a whole other bucket of fish to worry about.

13 hours ago, AFJF said:

Flying out to Miami on Sunday morning.  Anyone else going?

Raises hand. I'm flying out Friday. Going to game with @Savage69 we are having a little tailgate. I have no idea where we'll be lol but either way we can always hook up inside the gigantic concourse at halftime. Also legendary Cayman Islands jet fan @joewilly will be there too

I'll start a road trip thread with pics later in the week. I usually terrorize the dolphin fans, but with the recent atrocious play of the Jets I don't want to embarrass myself. So happy we beat Cleveland to make this game meaningful.

Guys,
Don't get too cocky thinking this is going to be some easy win.
As a SoFl resident I see the Fins and hear about them daily. Those wins against Buf and Pitt were coming out games.
The Fins are starting to pull it together. There running game has been impressive the last few weeks and they are protecting Tannehill.
There defense is also coming alive which spells trouble for Fitzpatrick.
Make no mistake,this game could be a total blow out by Miami over the Jets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

Pitt was in poor shape to play that game, with players puking all over the field.  Buffalo did not play well, preceding winning stretch notwithstanding, and the fish did barely beat Cleveland at home.

The key will be the Jets D stopping the run, and whether Revis can hold Landry in check.  If both those happen I don't see Miami scoring all that many points.  After that turnovers will decide the game.

Pitt was without their two best players on defense, Cam Heyward and Ryan Shazier. That would be an accurate assessment of them being in "poor shape" not because of ONE player puking. Even still, if you take away Heyward-Bey's reverse the defense allowed only 68 yards rushing and only allowed 1 TD.

Buffalo was coming off a three-game winning streak, beating two teams on the road, I might add. They missed Shady obviously but saying they didn't play well sounds like you're giving them an out instead of acknowledging the Dolphins probably were the reason why they didn't perform well. 

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This game aside, the dolphins are going to be a huge problem for us moving forward.  Gase is the next bellichek in my opinion.  

The only thing that can ruin gase is that boob in the front office.  I believe the dolphins will take over this division next as i believe gase is special.

Hold off on the praise. I'm starting to come around to Gase as well but let's see how we finish; the upcoming game against you guys are usually the ones we drop. If they come out and rush for 150+ yards, Tannehill has a decent game, and the Jets score less than 20 then I would have no choice but to prematurely agree with you.

I'm hoping Tannebaum is on his way out. There have been rumors in the past that Gase doesn't like him so we'll see how it plays out.

2 minutes ago, ChooChoo said:

Hold off on the praise. I'm starting to come around to Gase as well but let's see how we finish; the upcoming game against you guys are usually the ones we drop. If they come out and rush for 150+ yards, Tannehill has a decent game, and the Jets score less than 20 then I would have no choice but to prematurely agree with you.

I'm hoping Tannebaum is on his way out. There have been rumors in the past that Gase doesn't like him so we'll see how it plays out.

The fins arent going to run on the Jets.  It is the only thing the jets do well.  But tannehill might have 400 yards passing as our back 7 are terrible.

Beating the Jets is easy.  Load the box to stop the run and play press coverage to make fitz beat you over the top.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The fins arent going to run on the Jets.  It is the only thing the jets do well.  But tannehill might have 400 yards passing as our back 7 are terrible.

Beating the Jets is easy.  Load the box to stop the run and play press coverage to make fitz beat you over the top.

Tannehill just isn't as accurate as some of the QBs we've played against. Stuff their RB (no way they're running for 200 yards vs the Jets). Our secondary sucks but we held the Ravens to 6 f*cking yards rushing!

3rd and longs for Tannehill & we'll be alright. Remember, Miami has a sh*tty secondary too & we have Marshall & Enunwa who's getting more confident every game. I love Anderson or Peake on their 3rd CB. 

* Also, would Jet fans please stop saying Anderson sucks, seriously, playing WR in the NFL takes experience & these young guys are playing with one of the most inaccurate weak armed QBs in the league. Easier to catch balls with some zip than WAITING on balls, or stretching out left or right, with a safety looking to hit you. Look at the ZIP on Cutlers throws tonight compared to what we have to witness every Sunday. It's a joke.

13 hours ago, ChooChoo said:

Pitt was without their two best players on defense, Cam Heyward and Ryan Shazier. That would be an accurate assessment of them being in "poor shape" not because of ONE player puking. Even still, if you take away Heyward-Bey's reverse the defense allowed only 68 yards rushing and only allowed 1 TD.

Buffalo was coming off a three-game winning streak, beating two teams on the road, I might add. They missed Shady obviously but saying they didn't play well sounds like you're giving them an out instead of acknowledging the Dolphins probably were the reason why they didn't perform well. 

As Jet fans are very much concerned about right now, I certainly am, it is difficult sustaining a winning streak when you play on the road.  Bills had won four in a row.  Were they good enough to win a fifth, and on the road?  Seems to me they were ahead and ran out of gas on D at the end of the game.  And of course the Bills lost again this past weekend, so now they have lost two in a row, and are  0-3 in the division.  Sure the fish won it, but excuse me if I don't think it was all that impressive.

17 hours ago, BP said:

Raises hand. I'm flying out Friday. Going to game with @Savage69 we are having a little tailgate. I have no idea where we'll be lol but either way we can always hook up inside the gigantic concourse at halftime. Also legendary Cayman Islands jet fan @joewilly will be there too

Hey BP, I was just goin back thru a bunch a threads and it doesn't appear that I owe you any $$$ and savage no longer wants to kick my a$$ so i'll look for you guys at tailgate. look forward to meeting you guys.

1 hour ago, Big Blocker said:

As Jet fans are very much concerned about right now, I certainly am, it is difficult sustaining a winning streak when you play on the road.  Bills had won four in a row.  Were they good enough to win a fifth, and on the road?  Seems to me they were ahead and ran out of gas on D at the end of the game.  And of course the Bills lost again this past weekend, so now they have lost two in a row, and are  0-3 in the division.  Sure the fish won it, but excuse me if I don't think it was all that impressive.

Bills beat Pats first time. Schedule for Jets has been ridiculous...all those playoff teams back to back, and I believe 6 out of the last 8 on the road. Still had they beat Cinci in the opener, they are .500 at the midpoint.

14 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

You don't have to think it was impressive. My point was instead of pinning the blame on the Bills inability to sustain a winning streak as the sole reason they lost, give the Dolphins and their staff a bit of credit. We were without our best Safety(probably the best SS in the NFL), two of our starting LBs, starting CB, starting DT, and were basically playing with practice-squad TEs with our top two out.  

The Dolphins are a team like the Jets with a roster with strengths and weaknesses but some good young talent.  They appear to have an up and coming coach.  But given the Jets losses to date, if they want to "remain alive," they need to beat the Dolphins, who are likely not a playoff team.   So I guess some would argue that the 7th loss starts rebuilding, but a loss here should be a sign.  The Jets get 1 loss to Pats to remain alive.

38 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Dolphins are a team like the Jets with a roster with strengths and weaknesses but some good young talent.  They appear to have an up and coming coach.  But given the Jets losses to date, if they want to "remain alive," they need to beat the Dolphins, who are likely not a playoff team.   So I guess some would argue that the 7th loss starts rebuilding, but a loss here should be a sign.  The Jets get 1 loss to Pats to remain alive.

I don't like over-dramatising games as "must win", but I think a loss on Sunday really has repercussions beyond just the 1 game. These are two teams in similar situations, winner stays alive, loser isn't mathematically eliminated but the faint light at the end of the tunnel becomes much, much dimmer.

5-5 at our bye, with two Patsy games plus Phish & Jills to play again, will be tough enough, but it'd be more like "you're telling me there's still a chance"

4-6 ... more like "Over? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?"

A win Sunday, couple with a Bills loss in Seattle, moves us up to second in the AFC East.

That'll excite the optimists / upset the draftniks. :-) 

EDIT : not unimaginable that we'd get up to 8th or even 7th seed too!

The Jets are primed to make a run.

Miami has made their bones this season running the football. The Jets have the #1 run defense and will bring Ajayi back down to earth in a hurry. Tannehill cannot throw the deep ball and they have protection issues. Their defense is also struggling.

Bottom line is Miami is just as flawed of a team as the Jets, if not worse. We will handle them - let's go!

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Who is Miamis 3rd wr?  Stills?  Expect a 75 yard td pass to him in the 1st quarter.

Might as well say Parker is our 3rd WR with his disappointing play. But yes, Stills will alternate with Landry in and out of the slot. 

On 11/1/2016 at 11:53 AM, joewilly said:

Hey BP, I was just goin back thru a bunch a threads and it doesn't appear that I owe you any $$$ and savage no longer wants to kick my a$$ so i'll look for you guys at tailgate. look forward to meeting you guys.

Huh?? Anybody named Joewilly is a friend of mine..;)

4 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

The Jets are primed to make a run.

Miami has made their bones this season running the football. The Jets have the #1 run defense and will bring Ajayi back down to earth in a hurry. Tannehill cannot throw the deep ball and they have protection issues. Their defense is also struggling.

Bottom line is Miami is just as flawed of a team as the Jets, if not worse. We will handle them - let's go!

*The Jets are the 4th ranked run defense* 

The Tannehill "can't throw deep" narrative has been dead since Mike Wallace left. If I'm not mistaken, he's one of the best deep passers right now. 4th in the NFL in average yards per pass behind Brady, Matt Ryan, and Dalton. They only have protection issues if one or more of our OL are missing but everyone is fine. They're actually 8-1 since 2014 when the entire line is healthy. The defense has a top 10 passing defense without two starters in the secondary and has allowed only 135 yards rushing the last two weeks, if you take away Derrius Heyward-Bey's reverse.

Archived