Jets Claimed RB Knile Davis

BroadwayJets

2 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

whats the point. they are jst going to force feed slow as sh*t forte 30 carries per game anyway

Forte has been better than Chris Ivory this year. As for Davis, Jets still need a back for the red zone. And despite rushing for only 780 yards in his career, Davis has rushed for 11 TDs

Davis had a pretty serious knee injury when he was with the Chiefs.  He has pretty much in slow decline since his sophomore year at Arkansas.  He was a bonafide stud but couldn't beat the injury bug throughout college.  He was already a shell of himself by the time he came into the NFL.

9 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Guess he's worth a flier, but consider he couldn't stick on a team with no RBs, I don't see him lasting here. I just hope they dont cut Pope as a result

4 RBs?

Jets get Knile Davis off waivers from Packers

Kansas City Chiefs v Miami DolphinsGetty Images

Knile Davis is on his third team in two weeks.

Davis, who was traded from the Chiefs to the Packers two weeks ago and then waived by the Packers yesterday, was claimed on waivers by the Jets.

The Packers didn’t have to give the Chiefs anything in their trade for Davis because the trade was conditional on Davis lasting at least three games in Green Bay. Davis managed just five carries for five yards and two catches for four yards in his two games with the Packers.

With the Jets, Davis provides some depth in the backfield behind Matt Forte and Bilal Powell.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Forte has been better than Chris Ivory this year. As for Davis, Jets still need a back for the red zone. And despite rushing for only 780 yards in his career, Davis has rushed for 11 TDs

so because chris ivory has been bad that means we should keep force feeding forte the ball when powell has been better? i don't understand the logic

We have one, Powell. They just don't use him. They would rather use Forte or go with an empty backfield on the 3 yd line and leave all up to Fitz. 

As for Davis, Jets still need a back for the red zone. And despite rushing for only 780 yards in his career, Davis has rushed for 11 TDs

He's listed at 5'11", 227

So . . . theoretically . . . he should be a better guy to drive it in to the endzone than what we have.

1 hour ago, Il Mostro said:

Davis had a pretty serious knee injury when he was with the Chiefs.  He has pretty much in slow decline since his sophomore year at Arkansas.  He was a bonafide stud but couldn't beat the injury bug throughout college.  He was already a shell of himself by the time he came into the NFL.

Wow.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc's not too smart if he thinks Davis is the answer to the need of RB depth.

he is probably better than pope and if he is than it is a good move. If he is not better than pope we can always cut him and try to find another new 3rd stringer

44 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

so because chris ivory has been bad that means we should keep force feeding forte the ball when powell has been better? i don't understand the logic

We have seen Powell in an RB1 role and it was not great. They are using him properly if you ask me powell excells against a tired defense. two weeks ago we had a total of 13 rushing attempts (9 Forte) i would hardly say we have force fed him the ball this season but when we do it seems to work out alright. 

Archived