Jets Claimed RB Knile Davis

BroadwayJets

8 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

We have seen Powell in an RB1 role and it was not great. They are using him properly if you ask me powell excells against a tired defense. two weeks ago we had a total of 13 rushing attempts (9 Forte) i would hardly say we have force fed him the ball this season but when we do it seems to work out alright. 

When have they ever used Powell as a starting Runnning back? He's always been underutilized and under appreciated but this staff and the fan base. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

When have they ever used Powell as a starting Runnning back? He's always been underutilized and under appreciated but this staff and the fan base. 

He had a few starts in 2013. His best games that season he ran for 149 yards on almost 30 carries which is pretty good but with 179 rushes he only had one touchdown. To be fair our team wasnt great and yes I will admit Powell has improved since then but when he had the chance to be a viable starter he mostly did not rise up.

Just now, bealeb319 said:

He had a few starts in 2013. His best games that season he ran for 149 yards on almost 30 carries which is pretty good but with 179 rushes he only had one touchdown. To be fair our team wasnt great and yes I will admit Powell has improved since then but when he had the chance to be a viable starter he mostly did not rise up.

More than a few...he started 11 games.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Lol is that a record for duration a player has been a Jet? CJ Spiller though is a good pickup better than pope. Stevie Jonson still playing maybe we should swing a trade for him and get the chan gailey bills roster reunion in full swing.

Just now, bealeb319 said:

Lol is that a record for duration a player has been a Jet? CJ Spiller though is a good pickup better than pope. Stevie Jonson still playing maybe we should swing a trade for him and get the chan gailey bills roster reunion in full swing.

LOL...Johnson has been a very "meh" player w/o Fitz and Gailey.

11 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Averaged 4 yards a carry and 8 yards a reception that season with a terrible QB and offense. He also looks better and faster in the last two seasons. He deserves more work. Period. 

37 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Averaged 4 yards a carry and 8 yards a reception that season with a terrible QB and offense. He also looks better and faster in the last two seasons. He deserves more work. Period. 

"I like him so he should be our starter"...Forte is a better back, Powell is a better backup. Personally i think they should both be getting more touches we need to keep our ground game established to win football games and if Forte is struggling in a game then sure let Powell get more touches.

13 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

"I like him so he should be our starter"...Forte is a better back, Powell is a better backup. Personally i think they should both be getting more touches we need to keep our ground game established to win football games and if Forte is struggling in a game then sure let Powell get more touches.

forte WAS a better back. forte is slow as sh*t anymore. powell is the better back now. just pay attention and watch how god damned slow forte is and how much faster powell looks. its very noticeable.

forte WAS a better back. forte is slow as sh*t anymore. powell is the better back now. just pay attention and watch how god damned slow forte is and how much faster powell looks. its very noticeable.

I watch the games the only thing Powell has on forte is speed. Forte is slower but he has better hands better blocks better cuts better in every other way. Powell is simply not an rb1 he is a good rb2. It is not a knock on him he is a valuable player.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived