Jets to cut Knile Davis, sign CJ Spiller (Rapoport Tweet)

NYJCWS

LOL! Shortest stay ever.

You're not going to believe this... but the are planning to release RB Knile Davis (again) as they finalize a deal for RB CJ Spiller.

were in talks with CJ Spiller and had not received his "yes." So they claimed Knile Davis in case... & then Spiller agreed to a deal.

1 minute ago, jetscrazey said:

Spiller makes more sense right now because he's a returner and we already have Forte and Powell to carry the ball.  Still though, wtf is Mac doing?

Trying to produce a smokescreen to hide the mess he made of this team?

Wow,  I don't think I've seen more dumbasses in one thread before. The answer to why this happened the way it did was in the first post. Try reading, or in some cases get someone to read it to you. The idiocy here is so effing embarrassing. 

9 minutes ago, NYJCWS said:

Well, to be fair... the second tweet from Rapoport explaining why it happened was after some people had responded to the initial tweet.

Fair enough then. Maybe some people aren't dumbasses then lol. My apologies to those but not to the others. 

47 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Every day I further question WTF Mac is actually doing. 

Honestly...this is his first true WTF moment for me.  Every other move, agree or not, I can see the rationale behind it.  This one?  Senseless.  Powell is a better player than Spiller at this point.

- Spiller has not returned a punt since 2011

- Spiller has returned just 25 kicks since 2011

He no longer has the speed that made him valuable in this roles early in his career.

At least with Pope you could say he was a developmental guy.

Now you've got three guys who do pretty much the same thing.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Honestly...this is his first true WTF moment for me.  Every other move, agree or not, I can see the rationale behind it.  This one?  Senseless.  Powell is a better player than Spiller at this point.

- Spiller has not returned a punt since 2011

- Spiller has returned just 25 kicks since 2011

He no longer has the speed that made him valuable in this roles early in his career.

At least with Pope you could say he was a developmental guy.

Now you've got three guys who do pretty much the same thing.

They had Spiller in for a visit before the Seattle game. What had actually changed since then? It's like they're adverse to trying to use any kind of young player. Or even giving them a look.  

11 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

They had Spiller in for a visit before the Seattle game. What had actually changed since then? It's like they're adverse to trying to use any kind of young player. Or even giving them a look.  

Yup...just makes no sense.  Maybe they catch lightning in a bottle and Chan puts him in the right spots to succeed, but I find it hard to believe he can do anything that Powell can't at this point.

Getting a little circus-ey up in here. Both players are absolute trash. Should have kept Pope and used him. Or raided another practice squad. Gotta be someone younger, with a higher ceiling than both of these sh*tty players. WTF, why would a 3-win team with single digit odds of making the playoffs be fumbling over themselves to add washed-up veteran RBs?

Stupid.

17 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yup...just makes no sense.  Maybe they catch lightning in a bottle and Chan puts him in the right spots to succeed, but I find it hard to believe he can do anything that Powell can't at this point.

If Sean Payton couldn't, and Carroll/Bevell couldn't... I doubt Gailey does.

I am extremely disappointed in the fact that our offense is 80% comprised of sh*tty old Bills and Bears. WTF. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

If Sean Payton couldn't, and Carroll/Bevell couldn't... I doubt Gailey does.

I am extremely disappointed in the fact that our offense is 80% comprised of sh*tty old Bills and Bears. WTF. 

Sadly I agree.  As I said, most senseless move I've seen from this FO.

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Mac; you can accept this offer or we are taking that waiver pickup 

Agent; no, you're bluffing

News breaks

Mac; sips coffee, phone rings, Mac; sips coffee, phone rings, Mac answers

Agent; Ok you win

This.

13 hours ago, Mecca said:

Why did we waste our waiver priority on Davis? That was so dumb

13 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Mac; you can accept this offer or we are taking that waiver pickup 

Agent; no, you're bluffing

News breaks

Mac; sips coffee, phone rings, Mac; sips coffee, phone rings, Mac answers

Agent; Ok you win

Im not saying that this is what actually happened Mecca, but if for example things went the way OSNY just put it then it wasnt as dumb as simply wasting waiver priority. 

Waiver priority is more important when playing Fantasy. 

12 hours ago, JiF said:

Why didnt they sign him before he went to Seattle? 

I guess it depended on his price. If we only wanted to offer X, and Seattle offered X + 10%, it'd be a no-brainer for Spiller.

Now X is his only option (though I hope Macc only offered X -10% or so second time round ;-) ).

If we overpay on ageing talent (sound familiar??) Macc gets ripped for it, so I'll give him a pass on this one - IMHO, he wanted the player, but at the Jets price, not the player's.

This team should be kicking the tires on young talent not more once-upon-a-time'rs. Particularly at RB. 

I get that this may be more a no/low-confidence move re: Marshall as returner than more true RB depth -- they don't use Powell enough to worry about more 200-lb RB depth being needed. But Spiller hasn't returned 10 KOs in the past 2 years combined (none for big yardage) and hasn't returned a punt in 5 years.

Decent chance he went to Sea over us because they wanted to use him as a RB, where we wanted him just as a returner (with us being locked into healthy Forte/Powell thru 2017). Still, meh. 

Archived