2016 NFL Fantasy Football Week 9: Start Em’ or Sit Em

JetNation

fantasy_football

Welcome to the Week 9 of the 2016 NFL season!

Every week, I will pick some players who I think will overachieve and underachieve based on ESPN’s weekly rankings. Please feel free to ask any lineup questions here or on Twitter.

Overachievers

QBs
  • Tennessee Titans QB Marcus Mariota – QB 10: He continues to be a top ten QB every week and the Chargers defense does not scare anyone.
  • Miami Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill: – QB 17: This is purely a play against the dreadful Jets pass defense.
  • Kansas City Chiefs QB Nick Foles – QB 24: Last week, he looked like his old Eagles days. The Raiders continue to be a bottom five pass defense.
RBs
  • Kansas City Chiefs RB Terrance West – RB 18: When he has gotten the chance, he has produced over 100 total yards numerous times. The Jaguars are not scary.
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Antone Smith – RB 24: The defacto RB1 for Tampa Bay this week. The Falcons are not the most stout defense so this is a nice bye week flyer.
  • Atlanta Falcons RB Terron Ward – RB 38: This is a large league play. Last week averaged over 8 yards per touch, if you are desperate.
WRs
  • Green Bay Packers WR DaVonte Adams – WR 18: There are a ton of injuries on the Packers offense and he has been the beneficiary, he is a ppr monster.
  • Indianapolis Colts WR Donte Moncrief – WR 18: TY Hilton may be out of the game this week. He showed his health by playing over 90% of the snaps last week.
  • New York Jets WR Quincy Enuwa – WR 31: Miami has been playing better but I see a wide open game and he seems to have a connection with Ryan Fitzpatrick.
TEs
  • Dallas Cowboys TE Jason Witten – TE 12: There will be a ton of touchdown opportunities versus the Browns, he should get on of them.
K
  • New Orleans Saints K Wil Lutz – K 15: I am expecting a ton of points with the Saints playing the 49ers.
D/ST
  • Los Angeles Rams D/ST – D/ST 15: They had the bye week to get healthy and the Carolina Panthers OL has been very shaky.

Underachievers

QBs
  • Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton – QB 5: He has not looked right most of the season, I think the Rams defense steps up off the bye week.
  • Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger – QB 8: The Ravens have been tough all year and it seems he is being rushed back too soon from his knee surgery.
  • Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson – QB 12: Three weeks without a touchdown makes him a shaky starter. The injuries are holding him back, I would stay away.
RBs
  • Miami Dolphins RB Jay Ajayi – RB 10: The one thing the Jets do well is stop the run where they are top five in the league. I would temper expectations.
  • Baltimore Ravens RB Terrance West – RB 13: The Steelers have continue to stop the run well and this train is slowing down.
  • Cleveland Browns RB Isiah Crowell – RB 18: I like his talent but in blowouts he barely gets any run.
WRs
  • Cleveland Browns WR Terelle Pryor – WR 13: The Cowboys defense has continued to improve while Pryor is banged up.
  • Oakland Raiders WR Amari Cooper – WR 19: It is very hard to bench him but the Broncos have shut down all wide receivers this year.
  • Detroit Lions WR Marvin Jones – WR 24: In the last five weeks, Jones has been produced outside the top 30 WR’s.

TE

• New Orleans Saints TE Coby Fleener – TE 9: Last week he played 2/3rd’s less than Josh Hill the other tight end.

K

• Oakland Raiders K Sebastian Janikowski – K 12: He missed two long field goals last week. I do not expect many opportunities against the Broncos.

D/ST

• San Diego Chargers D/ST – D/ST 9: The Titans have their offense going into high gear, there are better streaming options out there.

Thank you for reading and hit me up on Twitter.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
2hcT9ANQEYk

Click here to read the full story...

Archived