Well The Cubs Are No Longer Company

JetPotato

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, King P said:

The Cardinals now hold the longest championship drought in sports (69 years)

I'm gonna need a ruling on this one. Do they really count for that category? Because they're on their 3rd city. I feel like you need to be in one place for the entire time for a ringless streak to count, so the drought gets passed down from generation to generation; and it's not like there is anyone in Chicago crying about how the Cardinals haven't won a championship since 1947.

4 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Nuts.

Hoverboards exist.

Nike made the self lacing sneaker.

The Cubs win.

Really freakin scared of what comes next.

Biff Tannon Jr. goes to jail, if I recall.

Congrats to the Cubbies on ending 108 years of failure.

One day I hope we can be like them.

I've been to a lot of ballparks...Arlington, SF, Pittsburgh, Coors, Shea, Cleveland, Philly o name a few.  Fan bases across the board have appeared to about the same in terms of interest/intensity, but Cubs fans were far and away the best fans.  Win or lose, they had a blast before during and after the game. Congrats to them...they deserve it.

31 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I've been to a lot of ballparks...Arlington, SF, Pittsburgh, Coors, Shea, Cleveland, Philly o name a few.  Fan bases across the board have appeared to about the same in terms of interest/intensity, but Cubs fans were far and away the best fans.  Win or lose, they had a blast before during and after the game. Congrats to them...they deserve it.

Agree, going to Wrigley Field to watch a baseball game is a must do, bucket list item

7 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Maybe when we get to 108 years...

2076 SuperBowl Champion NY Jets has a nice ring

USA tricentennial

don't think I will be here to see that one but maybe the Jets will have their own stadium by then, Woody will be gone, BB and Brady too...

or will it be LV Jets or NJ Jets, London Jets, Brooklyn Jets... 

5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm gonna need a ruling on this one. Do they really count for that category? Because they're on their 3rd city. I feel like you need to be in one place for the entire time for a ringless streak to count, so the drought gets passed down from generation to generation; and it's not like there is anyone in Chicago crying about how the Cardinals haven't won a championship since 1947.

Well, the Jets are on their second city (and state) too.

14 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

2076 SuperBowl Champion NY Jets has a nice ring

USA tricentennial

don't think I will be here to see that one but maybe the Jets will have their own stadium by then, Woody will be gone, BB and Brady too...

or will it be LV Jets or NJ Jets, London Jets, Brooklyn Jets... 

Don't be ridiculous.

The USA will never make it to 300.

I've been watching baseball since the early 60s.  That World Series was incredible.  Last night's game was an instant Game 7 classic.  Phenomenal playing, emotion, energy and drama by both teams.  I was glued to the TV.

Gotta say all the shots of the fans biting their nails, praying, etc. reminded me of lots of us Jet fans over the years. lol  Love the shot of the Cub fans in a Chicago bar who went ashen when Cleveland tied in in the ninth.  You could see one chick mouthing the words, "Oh, f**k".  lol  Brought me back to the times we got close and blew the game.

10 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

The last compelling baseball story is now complete.  Cubs fans can die in peace, along with the sport of baseball.  

If the numbers are any indication, baseball isn't going anywhere and it's doing better than football. Football is the dying sport. 

15 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If the numbers are any indication, baseball isn't going anywhere and it's doing better than football. Football is the dying sport. 

Ehhhhhhhhhh...... In my generation (20s-30s), baseball is drawing little to no interest.

Football is all the rage and frankly, there's probably more interest in hockey than baseball.

25 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It is amazing the turn around that took place this year. The NFL ratings drop has everyone in the league office pretty damn scared.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Really, it's the NBA that will become the preeminent sports league in the world in our lifetimes. Baseball and football are both likley to fade.

The NBA is by far, not even close, the worst product in all of sports.  95% of the season isnt even watchable and with the current trend that isnt going anywhere of forming "Super Teams", there is literally no parity.  We're going to watch the same exact Finals, 3 straight years in a row.  And the "Superstars", while very talented maybe like we've never seen before are the biggest whiny cry babies pussies the sporting world has ever seen who make it nearly impossible to enjoy the game.

Archived