Mike Glennon Sighting Tonight

drdetroit

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

But know we couldn't have used this guy for a 3rd rounder!!!

Well he's a free agent in the off-season.  I hope Mac can get his head out of his ass and get this guy instead of simply going for a bigger name like Cutler or Romo.

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.  

But the score was like 96 to 10 with 3 minutes left in the game.  The Falcons were in a bit of a prevent defense allowing Glennon to toss underneath.

No knock against him.  He looked good for what it was.  But definitely nothing worth bragging about.

Except for one thing.  I saw him look right.  As in all the way right to the flat.  Nothing there, so he worked all the way over to the left flat.  He surveyed 180 degrees of the field.  So at least we know he's better than Fitz.

1 hour ago, Jet9 said:

If Flynn got paid big for one game, and Osweiler somehow got the deal he did, then Glennon won't come cheap.  

We just paid 12mil for Fitz.

Glennon has gotta be worth at least double.

And I don't even know anything about Glennon.  The drive tonight was the most I've ever seen him play.

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Was that the asking price? Everything I read about the asking price was astronomical for a guy who could just be no better than what the Jets may have in Petty. 

Glennon is significantly better than any qb on our roster including Petty.  The Bucs were asking for a first round pick.

As far as deals go he will get something in between what Fitz got and the $72 million Osweiler deal.  People are laughing at the Texans for giving Osweiler $72 million dollars yet they are in first place and making the playoffs without JJ Watt

Really interested in seeing what Glennon fetches this off-season.  His resume is wayyyyy better than Osweiler's and he got a boatload of cash.  The fact that TB was holding out for a 1st rounder also tells you that he may be their back-up, but they recognize the fact that he's not some JAG.  If he were, they probably take a mid-round pick for him.

What's the market place for Glennon? 

What teams are in dire need of a starting QB? Jets, Browns, Bears still have Cutler under contract. Not a huge market, look how many teams already have there starter. Over the last 3 years Tampa (Winston), Titans (Mariota), Bills (Trod), Rams (Goff?), Eagles (Wentz), Dallas (Dak & Romo), Raiders (Carr). 

Pits not like 5 years ago when there were 10 teams trying to find their starter. A team to be worried about could be the Broncos? Are they happy with Simien? Does Elway like what he sees in Lynch?

Sometimes it's a team you wouldn't thing that you compete with. The Browns have the most money & a ton of draft picks so they are the really only other obvious suitor. 

So, based on the QB market, there won't be 3 teams bidding on Mike Glennon. Jets if they are interested will be in the drivers seat, Rebuild the Oline with the money we get for dumping vet contracts, Draft a stud RB, if Decker is healthy to start the season throwing to Marshall, Decker, Quincy, Anderson & Peake? Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

If Petty sh*ts the bed when he gets his chance to start when we're officially out of the playoff race, or even worse if we start Fitz rest of the year and Petty is still an unknown commodity, then I'm all for giving Glennon a shot. 

You need to take chances on quarterbacks until you have one. The Seahawks, widely regarded as an upper echelon organization gave Flynn a monster contract. They were wrong and luckily Russell Wilson turned into a star for them, but even teams who know what they're doing understand you keep trying to find a quarterback until you have one.

Glennon is still young. There's a chance with him.

Cleveland, SF, Chicago, Jets are the obvious teams that need to upgrade at QB ASAP.

Depending how this year ends up, might teams like Miami look to move on from their incumbent starter? Washington have a big call to make on Cousins. Denver was already mentioned. Who knows what the situation will be in Minny.

There are other teams that have a vet nearing the end of their career where the FO may look for a more seasoned guy to take over in a year or two, rather than throw a rookie into the ring straight away (SD, NO, Pitt, Arizona, Giants, NE even).

That's 14 teams who may be interested (to different degrees). I'm sure I've missed some others along the way.

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Really interested in seeing what Glennon fetches this off-season.  His resume is wayyyyy better than Osweiler's and he got a boatload of cash.  The fact that TB was holding out for a 1st rounder also tells you that he may be their back-up, but they recognize the fact that he's not some JAG.  If he were, they probably take a mid-round pick for him.

It may be better, but his game film will also be over 2 years old by the time free agency starts. Osweiler got his monster contract because his six starts all occurred last year.  His performance was fresh in everyone's mind. If Glennon doesn't get some significant snaps from this point on, I don't think he'll get a mega contract like Osweiler got.

He'll still get a very nice raise, just not some astronomical number.

That all being said, I'd be happy with a three-way competition in camp next summer between Glennon, Hack, and Petty.

4 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Glennon is significantly better than any qb on our roster including Petty.  The Bucs were asking for a first round pick.

As far as deals go he will get something in between what Fitz got and the $72 million Osweiler deal.  People are laughing at the Texans for giving Osweiler $72 million dollars yet they are in first place and making the playoffs without JJ Watt

Glennon was so good they took Winston. Petty isn't a known quality yet. It's very premature to say this. If Glennon is as good as you think, he'd have a starting job somewhere given the QB play that the league has seen this year. 

Garbage time stats.  

Good for him, some team will see it and think "god", not "fools gold" and he may a few extra million.

I'm far more interested in what we see from Petty & Hack than what some other teams abandoned ex-starter does in trash time in a blowout.

10 hours ago, drdetroit said:

10 of 11 for 75 yards a touchdown and 2 pt conversion tonight.  

Sign in the offseason please.

Yeah brilliant eval sherlock.  100% in garbage time, the other team was laying off 20 yards and not rushing and almost all of his passes were 4 yard passes to the Rb or TE.

Glennon could be a possibility but I'm just not sure the Jets will want to invest heavily in the guy.  Some team may come around and give him a long term deal and with the Jets trying to groom Hack I don't see them wanting to make that investment.  That's why guys like Romo and Cutler are attractive you can bring them in for a year or two and move on.

10 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Let's be honest, if the Jets sign Glennon, he will suck. If they don't, he'll be awesome. That's just the way the world works and the sooner you yokels get that through your thick skulls the better off we'll all be.

That's MISTER Yokel to you.

11 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

I specifically came on just to find this post. My only surprise is that it wasn't Villain who posted it. 

I would have made it if not for MNF  starting at 2:30am my time. I didn't even know he was in  you the game until I seen this thread.

Oh, and SIGN THAT BEAST NEXT OFF-SEASON!

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

I agree, they could have probably taken a 3rd rounder 2 years in a row but decided to instead keep him for his ability. going 10-11 a TD and converting a 2pt conversion supports that notion.

Archived