Sign in to follow this  
drdetroit

Mike Glennon Sighting Tonight

6 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Glennon is significantly better than any qb on our roster including Petty.  The Bucs were asking for a first round pick.

As far as deals go he will get something in between what Fitz got and the $72 million Osweiler deal.  People are laughing at the Texans for giving Osweiler $72 million dollars yet they are in first place and making the playoffs without JJ Watt

HA! I laugh at that. The Texans are 5-3 and in first place. But that division is AWFUL (Jags, Colts, Titans).They beat the Lions, the Colts, the Bears and somehow, impressively, the Chiefs. And they are NOT a lock to make the playoffs b/c that division will NOT produce a wild card team and the Titans are only a game behind. 

Osweiller has 9 TDs, 9 INTs, 3 fumbles, 73.1 passer rating, 59.3 comp. %, 1,719 yrds 

Not THAT much better than Ryan Fitzpatrick's awful season numbers this year. 

7 TDs, 11 INTs, 3 fumbles, 68% passer rating, 56.1 comp. %, 1,789 yrds. 

So, once again, the only argument that can be made for investing so much money in Osweiller is that he is young and has potential he has not reached yet. 

Glennon???? Have you guys forgotten about our savior Christian Hackenberg waiting in the wings. 

He will be the Jet starter next season and CRUSH IT. 

Image result for bart scott can't wait gif

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Fun fact:  The San Diego Chargers had Drew Brees and still drafted Philip Rivers.  

Brees was trash at the time. If they knew what Brees would become they never touch Rivers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

True, but he really didn't start playing well until after Rivers was drafted. 

Right, my point though, is that just because a team makes a move for a QBin the first round, that doesn't mean you write off the guy behind him who has shown flashes of being a quality QB as is the case with Glennon and Winston.

15 minutes ago, August said:

Brees was trash at the time. If they knew what Brees would become they never touch Rivers.

Agreed...Glennon has definitely been better than what Brees was early on.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

I agree, they could have probably taken a 3rd rounder 2 years in a row but decided to instead keep him for his ability. going 10-11 a TD and converting a 2pt conversion supports that notion.

Remind me, was it "historic, largest contract in NFL history" right?  

That's what you said Glennon would get when he hit the market, isn't it.

Only half a season away now before we know how true that was.

11 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Right, my point though, is that just because a team makes a move for a QBin the first round, that doesn't mean you write off the guy behind him who has shown flashes of being a quality QB as is the case with Glennon and Winston.

Agreed.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Garbage time stats.  

Good for him, some team will see it and think "god", not "fools gold" and he may a few extra million.

Can't tell if you're talking about Glennon or Fitz. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Brees tore his labrum two years after Rivers was drafted.

Right and that made it easy to move on from him. Winston was drafted and started day one. Rivers was drafted and held out. Glennon is no Drew Brees. 

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah brilliant eval sherlock.  100% in garbage time, the other team was laying off 20 yards and not rushing and almost all of his passes were 4 yard passes to the Rb or TE.

If I'm being honest ... if we put Hack into a game in the same situation, and he produced the same stats, I'd be pretty thrilled. :oops:

Probably shows how low expectations around here about the QB position have become.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah brilliant eval sherlock.  100% in garbage time, the other team was laying off 20 yards and not rushing and almost all of his passes were 4 yard passes to the Rb or TE.

In other words, when Fitz throws most of his INTs

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

Can't tell if you're talking about Glennon or Fitz. 

Then let me make clear, I'm talking about Mike Glennon.  The Faux Savior.

14 hours ago, drdetroit said:

10 of 11 for 75 yards a touchdown and 2 pt conversion tonight.  

Sign in the offseason please.

It was garbage time. I'm not anti Glennon but just putting it in prospective.  I'm hoping Hackenberg or Petty will emerge as our QB.

Ok so we get Glennon for the anybody but Fitz movement on this board. And then after not just one bad game but one bad snap they'll turn on him in a second. But next season they will have to get someone with experience who is capable of starting,. And then we'll have a true Qb competition in training camp unless the Jets surprise us and sign somebody expensive. When you sign someone for real money they are the starter. No one has a Qb competition when you have a monetary commitment of double digits.  

• Thumb Down 3

Some of the dunces on the anyone but Fitz side would have happily given that scrub Osweiler his 19 million a year.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Ok so we get Glennon for the anybody but Fitz movement on this board. And then after not just one bad game but one bad snap they'll turn on him in a second. But next season they will have to get someone with experience who is capable of starting,. And then we'll have a true Qb competition in training camp unless the Jets surprise us and sign somebody expensive. When you sign someone for real money they are the starter. No one has a Qb competition when you have a monetary commitment of double digits.  

Just stop doubling down on your savior Fitztragic, he stinks you were wrong, others were right it's over time to figure out the next QB of this team, and your right ANYBODY, but Fitztragic.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Some of the dunces on the anyone but Fitz side would have happily given that scrub Osweiler his 19 million a year.

I can't recall 1 post about anyone wanting to give Osweiller any thing.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Not me 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Right and that made it easy to move on from him. Winston was drafted and started day one. Rivers was drafted and held out. Glennon is no Drew Brees. 

Right, but as I said, that's not my focus in regards to this discussion.  A million different times, Ive heard people say Glennon is no good because TB drafted Jameis.  Brees/Rivers is a perfect example that taking one QB does not mean the other one won't be any good.

• Upvote 3

If Petty and Hackenburg arent the answers which we might not get a chance to see until next season Glennon is an option and hate me for it but so is Tannehill. 

Anyone but Fitzpatrick. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

59 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Just stop doubling down on your savior Fitztragic, he stinks you were wrong, others were right it's over time to figure out the next QB of this team, and your right ANYBODY, but Fitztragic.

First the season's not over. The team including him isn't too good. And he's not coming back. Was It worth signing him on a one year contract for very low starter's money. I think the answer is yes. And I'll take that thought to the grave. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Right, but as I said, that's not my focus in regards to this discussion.  A million different times, Ive heard people say Glennon is no good because TB drafted Jameis.  Brees/Rivers is a perfect example that taking one QB does not mean the other one won't be any good.

I'm not saying Glennon is no good. I'm sure he's perfectly average. This team needs better than average. And they have two guys on the roster they need to learn about first. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Remind me, was it "historic, largest contract in NFL history" right?  

That's what you said Glennon would get when he hit the market, isn't it.

Only half a season away now before we know how true that was.

I don't recall saying all that, but I think whomever signs him will have a solid qb.

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Drew Brees wasn't even Drew Brees back then. It was all about LT then

58 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I'm not saying Glennon is no good. I'm sure he's perfectly average. This team needs better than average. And they have two guys on the roster they need to learn about first. 

He can be anywhere from a scrub to elite.  Up to this point he has had some impressive pefromances against some of the top teams in the NFL despite a limited supporting cast that was decimated by injuries.

I'd love the Jets to sign him, but I don't see it happening.  Would've loved to see them trade for him two years ago to see what he's got...but I don't see them paying what he'll command with Hack and Petty in place.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

First the season's not over. The team including him isn't too good. And he's not coming back. Was It worth signing him on a one year contract for very low starter's money. I think the answer is yes. And I'll take that thought to the grave. 

Lol

• Upvote 1

Are you people idiots? Tampa would have traded his azz if they didn't see anything in Glennon. They kept him though in case they missed completely on Winston. Teams have tried to trade for Glennon, but you know damn well Tampa was asking for the world & why not? QBs are rare. This guys got 3 things going for him, he's gotten playing experience, he's gotten valuable bench time to learn his trade, he's got a neck the length of a giraffe to find our awesome receiving core.

From what I've seen of Glennon is that he's really accurate in the mid range game with some good zip on the ball. That's 85% of today's NFL game. Bubble screens, pick plays, slants, digs. Matriculating the ball down the field is today's NFL. 

Hell if our new TE has dried out & the Jets draft a stud RB next year, Glennon might turn our fortunes around pretty quickly. We should be seeing Petty at loss #8. If we lose tomorrow, I'm expected a bit of a collapse.

• Upvote 2

Are you people idiots? Tampa would have traded his azz if they didn't see anything in Glennon. They kept him though in case they missed completely on Winston. Teams have tried to trade for Glennon, but you know damn well Tampa was asking for the world & why not? QBs are rare. This guys got 3 things going for him, he's gotten playing experience, he's gotten valuable bench time to learn his trade, he's got a neck the length of a giraffe to find our awesome receiving core.
From what I've seen of Glennon is that he's really accurate in the mid range game with some good zip on the ball. That's 85% of today's NFL game. Bubble screens, pick plays, slants, digs. Matriculating the ball down the field is today's NFL. 
Hell if our new TE has dried out & the Jets draft a stud RB next year, Glennon might turn our fortunes around pretty quickly. We should be seeing Petty at loss #8. If we lose tomorrow, I'm expected a bit of a collapse.

Good Post, hit on all points add in the fact he is a good company man. He has kept his mouth shut work on his trade, knowing his time will come.
As far as Tampa drafting Winston, the kid was the elite college QB who just about destroyed every team he played against for YEARS. If Tampa would have passed on a prospect and a local one at that, like Winston, they would have had a fan revolt.
Glennon while still a unproven prospect, has won some games against good teams working with terrible supporting cast.
This bodes well for him being able to go to a team and have a real chance to succeed.
Will the Jets take a chance, only Mac knows for sure. One thing is certain, if we go with to unproven rookies with no starting experience and they flop, while Glennon is successful at his new home, there is going to be some very unhappy fans on this board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

On November 4, 2016 at 9:06 AM, Beerfish said:

30tds 16 ints in his career so far a lot of it on the road facing defenses like Seattle, Sherlock

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Glennon is better than any QB on our roster.  Again, this is the same site which had people jizzing over Goff and Lynch. 

12 hours ago, Larz said:

so sad to see us lust after back ups

Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Steve Young were all backups

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Whose team is 5-3 in first place making the playoffs without JJ Watt