Mike Glennon Sighting Tonight

drdetroit

19 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I can't recall 1 post about anyone wanting to give Osweiller any thing.

Exactly, can't remember a single person wanting to sign Osweiller for 19 mi.  Or 12 mil for that matter.  I do remember the 19 per pretty much unanimously criticized as desperation, 

Makes a good story though 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Exactly, can't remember a single person wanting to sign Osweiller for 19 mi.  Or 12 mil for that matter.  I do remember the 19 per pretty much unanimously criticized as desperation, 

Makes a good story though 

When people are obviously wrong about something ... Just make stuff up

I'm all for glennon. Love the kid.

but, please, for f*** sake, can I see what Petty brings to the table!? 

I will always pull for the Jets to win games, especially against the Dolphins and the rest of the east, but Fitz going on a bit of a winning streak and keeping the job for most of the year is gonna screw us in the end. 

I was really happy with the limited playing time Petty had in preseason. I am dying to see what he can do with real bullets flying. 

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Based on what? Number from 3 years ago? No one knows what Petty or Hack are yet. People know what Glennon is. 

People know what Glennon is? That's like saying people knew what Brees was, what Steve Young was, what Andy Dalton was, early in their careers,that's ridiculous. So your saying he's peaked? Lol, you have no clue what a finished product Glennon can be. Glennon would be the perfect bridge to Hackenberg if Petty shows nothing.

If Glennon plays really good but Hack shows signs of being if better in 2018 you could have a Bledsoe/Brady type of scenario. Not saying Hack could be as good as Brady (he is one of the great ones) but it could be a situation where you can actually trade Glennon for Picks. Jets have to get lucky some day if the keep trying, right?

32 minutes ago, Jetster said:

People know what Glennon is? That's like saying people knew what Brees was, what Steve Young was, what Andy Dalton was, early in their careers,that's ridiculous. So your saying he's peaked? Lol, you have no clue what a finished product Glennon can be. Glennon would be the perfect bridge to Hackenberg if Petty shows nothing.

If Glennon plays really good but Hack shows signs of being if better in 2018 you could have a Bledsoe/Brady type of scenario. Not saying Hack could be as good as Brady (he is one of the great ones) but it could be a situation where you can actually trade Glennon for Picks. Jets have to get lucky some day if the keep trying, right?

There is a real lack of quality QBs out there right now and yet he sits behind Winston when he could be starting in a number of places. But he's not. There is plenty of tape on Glennon to know what his potential is. 

Glennon is a good QB. He's been in the league since 2013 and hasn't been a starter in 2 yrs behind Winston. Has he just not had the shot he needs... is he good or potentially great. Jets have had their share of good QB's. That has been a missing link for so many years. They don't need another good QB. It's time they get a franchise QB. Jets need a QB that can come from behind, put the game on his shoulders, win it in the end. Is that Mike Glennon?

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

People know what Glennon is? That's like saying people knew what Brees was, what Steve Young was, what Andy Dalton was, early in their careers,that's ridiculous. So your saying he's peaked? Lol, you have no clue what a finished product Glennon can be.

Logical fail.  You compare Glennon to three successful QB's who sat early based only on sitting/failing early.

You fail to compare Glennon to the literally hundreds of failure QB's who also sat, or had early trouble, and never amounted to anything.

You clearly imply that because a Brees turned out great, Glennon will turn out great.  Thus you ignore the literally hundreds of QB's who DID fail after early similar circumstances to Brees.

Glennon =/= Brees simply because Glennon and Brees both sat or both had early failings.  That's a laughable failure of even basic logic and comparative analysis.

In point of fact, YOU don't know if Glennon has peaked yet any more than anyone else does.  

In point of fact, YOU don't have a clue what a finished product Glennon could be (or not be) either.  

In point of fact, you have no idea (in the facts) if Glennon would be a bridge, or a lodestone around our necks.  

Your post is pure projectionism.  Light on analysis, heavy on pop star-like airy fandom.  

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Logical fail.  You compare Glennon to three successful QB's who sat early based only on sitting/failing early.

You fail to compare Glennon to the literally hundreds of failure QB's who also sat, or had early trouble, and never amounted to anything.

You clearly imply that because a Brees turned out great, Glennon will turn out great.  Thus you ignore the literally hundreds of QB's who DID fail after early similar circumstances to Brees.

Glennon =/= Brees simply because Glennon and Brees both sat or both had early failings.  That's a laughable failure of even basic logic and comparative analysis.

In point of fact, YOU don't know if Glennon has peaked yet any more than anyone else does.  

In point of fact, YOU don't have a clue what a finished product Glennon could be (or not be) either.  

In point of fact, you have no idea (in the facts) if Glennon would be a bridge, or a lodestone around our necks.  

Your post is pure projectionism.  Light on analysis, heavy on pop star-like airy fandom.  

Seriously? You can't be a f*cking Jet fan & write this dribble, lol. You f*cking burn through every QB that MIGHT be a franchise QB. Jesus Christ I hope the Jets sign Glennon! He's shown more in very short stints in the NFL than the losers like Fitz & Geno have ever shown, lol. Carry on Jet loser fans!, lol.

9 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Based on what? Number from 3 years ago? No one knows what Petty or Hack are yet. People know what Glennon is. 

Based on that argument we can't definitively say if Aaron Rodgers is better than Petty or Hack

Anyone who has actually watched Glennon play who didn't ignorantly dismiss him because he wasn't rated by scouts as a top 10 pick 3 years ago and thinks he looks like a giraffe... Yes they think he's a better qb than what we have

12 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Real results > hypothetical hope

I hope Petty takes his game over Glennon's results when he gets his chance ... But until we see it ... It is just that ... Hope

10 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

There is a real lack of quality QBs out there right now and yet he sits behind Winston when he could be starting in a number of places. But he's not. There is plenty of tape on Glennon to know what his potential is. 

Tampa Owners/Front Offices made a mistake with their handling of Steve Young

our Owners/Front Offices have made plenty of mistakes with our handling of QB's

the fact that TB has him on the bench certainly doesn't mean he won't be good.

7 hours ago, MaxAF said:

Glennon is a good QB. He's been in the league since 2013 and hasn't been a starter in 2 yrs behind Winston. Has he just not had the shot he needs... is he good or potentially great. Jets have had their share of good QB's. That has been a missing link for so many years. They don't need another good QB. It's time they get a franchise QB. Jets need a QB that can come from behind, put the game on his shoulders, win it in the end. Is that Mike Glennon?

We don't know for sure ...but I  Believe some of his bigger supporters here have said he's got a couple 4th quarter / come from behind type comebacks on his limited resume

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

1 for 5 for -1 yards in his last ex game against 3rd stringers.

Can you guess who had 31 tds and 15 ints last year, sherlock?

His #'s in real games certainly imply a more positive spin than a negative spin.

those 2 sentences of yours do nothing to detract from that.

On 11/4/2016 at 5:25 PM, Villain The Foe said:

I don't recall saying all that, but I think whomever signs him will have a solid qb.

I have no problem signing him. And giving him a chance in training camp to be our starter next year. But he hasn't proven yet that he's a solid NFL Qb. He's a good prospect with some experience. And he's a UFA next season so he won't cost anything. 

On 11/4/2016 at 0:02 AM, Charlie Brown said:

But know we couldn't have used this guy for a 3rd rounder!!!

When was he ever offered for a third rounder. Tampa never put him on the trading block and instead said they wouldn't entertain trade offers.

18 hours ago, MaxAF said:

Mike Glennon 247-416 59.4 2,608 yds. 19 TD, 9 int.  83.2 passer rating. These are Glennon's numbers from 2013. The Bucs then decided to go with Josh McCown and these were his numbers in 2014 - 184-327 56.3 2,206 yds. 11 TD. 14 int. 70.5 rating. It makes a good argument that if Glennon becomes available that he would be worth a shot if the price tag wasn't too high. I would give a third rounder for him for sure.

23 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Mike Glennon 247-416 59.4 2,608 yds. 19 TD, 9 int.  83.2 passer rating. These are Glennon's numbers from 2013. The Bucs then decided to go with Josh McCown and these were his numbers in 2014 - 184-327 56.3 2,206 yds. 11 TD. 14 int. 70.5 rating. It makes a good argument that if Glennon becomes available that he would be worth a shot if the price tag wasn't too high. I would give a third rounder for him for sure.

This is why I hate stats sometimes . You look at these #s and you wonder why on earth would that team not stay with Glennon.   Then maybe you watch the games, and you notice that Glennon completed the vast majority of his passes for short yardage and that most of his TDs came when the game was already decided . You realize that the player threw underneath instead of throwing downfield taking the safe completion instead of the chunk yardage plays that were available . I write this, and now I go and watch some tape on Mike Glennon to see if I have any clue as to what I just wrote . 

On November 5, 2016 at 1:11 PM, Jetster said:

Don't worry Crazycarl knows exactly what Glennon is even tho his stats and play totally contradict his opinion

Archived