"Ryan's Our QB"- Todd Bowles

JohnnyLV

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

This is an overreaction. He said the same thing before and went to Geno. And Fitz is also getting an MRI tomorrow too. Petty will be the starter after the bye week. It's fine. No need to rush the kid. 

"Rush the kid"?  He's been in the NFL almost 2 years now.  Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz are playing full seasons as rookies.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

This is an overreaction. He said the same thing before and went to Geno. And Fitz is also getting an MRI tomorrow too. Petty will be the starter after the bye week. It's fine. No need to rush the kid. 

If they give Petty the start against NE, they are stupid

Just now, drdetroit said:

"Rush the kid"?  He's been in the NFL almost 2 years now.  Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz are playing full seasons as rookies.

Rush him back from injury. And he's also not getting reps. Those guys get all of the reps in practice. I know you're not very with it, but don't respond if you don't understand basic football. 

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

bowles is afraid to take risks.  and he's risking his job by not doing so.

At some stage though, a tipping point will be reached, where Bowles will be risking his job by remaining too loyal to Fitzpatrick.

Fitz remains the safer option at QB for now (just), but that could change real soon. Either way, Fitz is not going to be starting for the NYJ next year. 

By starting Petty  instead, Bowles could buy himself some time. Lose some games with Petty and people will excuse it away on the grounds of planning for the future. Lose games with Fitzpatrick and QB may not be the only position where the Jets are starting over again next season. 

10 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Rush him back from injury. And he's also not getting reps. Those guys get all of the reps in practice. I know you're not very with it, but don't respond if you don't understand basic football. 

Wentz had a rib injury in preseason and only played in one preseason game yet he somehow is playing.

You can make all the nonsense personal insults and talk about how smart you are and make excuses for a noodle-arm qb and noodle-brain coach.  

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

Wentz had a rib injury in preseason and only played in one preseason game yet he somehow is playing.

You can make all the nonsense personal insults and talk about how smart you are and make excuses for a noodle-arm and noodle-brain coach.  

Show me where I have made any excuses for either. I'd just rather see Petty be put in a situation to be successful. If they want to give him the start next week fine, but I think he probably needs more than one week of first team reps to be fully prepared. He probably has not had any first team reps before Geno got hurt. 

30 minutes ago, peebag said:

If Fitzy is starting, there's absolutely no reason to watch the rest of the season...we're not going to playoffs and we need to see what Bryce Petty has to offer.

Bingo. 

Also have Hack ready to go.  And bring in a couple more QBs off the street.  Because you know Fitz will find some way to hurt a couple QBS.

We cannot allow him to set foot on the field again no matter what sort of black magic he uses.

29 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I run the Charlotte JETS fan club and stated if FITZ returns.... I'm done.  I walked out when Petty didn't return.

I will not return if FITZ is our QB....... he represents everything I do not believe in.

MEDIOCRITY, FEAR, JOB PROTECTION, ANTI COMPETITION....

FUKK YOU BOWLES.....

Way to go dude. I'm doing the same thing. I will not watch or attend any games until one of the ass clowns are gone

18 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Yes but no one can hold a clipboard like a second or third string Jets quarterback.  They grow old and have to be assisted out in wheelchairs from old age, but damn do they hold a mena clipboard.

22 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Nothing like having your young kid debut against the Pats on prime time :unsure:... this should have already happened 3 weeks ago when Geno went down. Fitz is a lost cause

Just now, FlaJetsFan said:

Yes but no one can hold a clipboard like a second or third string Jets quarterback.  They grow old and have to be assisted out in wheelchairs from old age, but damn do they hold a mena clipboard.

I can't wait for Francesa's condescending nonsense tommorow defending Bowles for continuing to start Fitzpatrick.  

Just now, BroadwayBen said:

Nothing like having your young kid debut against the Pats on prime time... this should have already happened 3 weeks ago when Geno went down. Fitz is a lost cause

Who cares what game it is.  If Petty is even semi-decent against the Pats he'll be a hero.

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Some of you guys are a one trick pony. All you know is to complain about the Qb. Esp Fitz who again wasn't that good. But we lost the game on a punt return. When you're a marginal team like the Jets you'll find a million ways to lose. 

LMAO, we are "one trick ponies" because the decision to start Fitz was dumb 3 weeks ago, was dumb 2 weeks ago, was dumb last week and is dumb this week. When a coach is making the same dumb decision every week the fans will keep saying the same thing. 

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Lets make a deal, bench Fitz, and along with him the entire Defense and Special Teams units.  Because they're just as bad as Fitz is, no matter how much the excuse makers try to pretend they're not.

Sure bench whoever is not performing. But this coaching staff is pathetic and needs to be replaced immediately

it start and ends with woodie hiring a strong experienced winning GM for meg money and a three year no interference of any sort clause in his deal  you can get anyone for the right money.  this is what has to happen.  period.  otherwise this will be rinse and repeat every season until any sane football fan completely loses interest in this team. as it now stands, we can have fun debating Petty or whatever but the problem is was and always will be.....

woodie.  the i-dont-know-a-damn-thing worth-knowing-about-the-NFL-after-16-years-as-an-owner owner.

13 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Some of you guys are a one trick pony. All you know is to complain about the Qb. Esp Fitz who again wasn't that good. But we lost the game on a punt return. When you're a marginal team like the Jets you'll find a million ways to lose. 

It all starts at the top which is the HC and the starting QB the most important position in football. My God that is football 101 in 2016.  You're love of FitzINT is downright scary

15 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

We lost the playoffs today.. don't give me that there is still 1 in a thousand chance still ha. So there zero reason to play fitz. It's about the future now. That is obviously not fitz. We have to give petty a chance..

Archived