"Ryan's Our QB"- Todd Bowles

JohnnyLV

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Watching the game now; Fitz had Anderson wide open; not only does he overthrow him, but he threw it over the wrong shoulder. He hits Anderson for the big TD; the momentum is all on the Jets and the Miami D has to stop stacking the box. I was all for the Fitz signing, but his time has passed.

The one saving grace is that this is exactly what Bowles said right before he benched Ryan for Geno. My big fear is that Petty is either not ready or not good and if they put Petty in and he sucks - this season is going to last forever. They didn't play Geno for a reason. I hope in this case, Bowles is being overly conservative and Petty gives us hope for next year.

I don't trust Bowles' qb evaluation skills at all.

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

Watching the game now; Fitz had Anderson wide open; not only does he overthrow him, but he threw it over the wrong shoulder. 

And he had no rush near him. 1 of the worst throws i have seen from this team in a long time. He has zero feel/touch for the deep ball. 

Just now, Barton said:

And he had no rush near him. 1 of the worst throws i have seen from this team in a long time. He has zero feel/touch for the deep ball. 

He did the same thing on a middle throw to J. Marshall and then on the TD attempt to B. Marshall. Not sure if he is getting worse, was always this bad and I didn't want to see it, or that I am too jaded about the Jets now. Either way; not good.

He's regressed back to his sub par mean.  I wanted to save the 12m this year but THIS is much worse than I imagines.  His stats showed that he never beats a .500+ team.  This 2016 version is who he really is.

I guess Mac isn't a stats guy because had he been he would had never resigned this guy.  I like Mac a lot but this signing was def strike one.        

Does Todd Bowles watch anything on offense? I'm honestly intrigued if he watches this team on offense.

I write it out every week about how Fitzpatrick is a below average QB, yet we do absolutely nothing to turn it around.  How does this guy preach accountability?  Here's a QB making 12 million (spare me the $7 million BS, it's a one year $12 million contract for all it's worth) playing some of the worst QB play we've seen.  People wanted to get Sanchez and Smith out.  The QB ratings haven't been updated, but Fitzpatrick was dead last in QB ratings to start the day, and it should only go down.  There is a possibility that after the update, his new rating will be lower than any year from Sanchez/Smith, with quite possibly one of the most loaded offenses I have ever seen out of the Jets outside of the QB spot.  

I'm honestly tired of this BS.  Really? He's the starter for next week?  Bowles had a built in excuse to bench Fitzpatrick when he got hurt.  Nope, bionic legs to the rescue, so he can throw more interceptions.  I hope absolutely no one shows up to the game next week so the team gets the message.  Anyone but Fitz!

Ryan Fitzpatrick is good to the media, and ergo all the media people hyped him up, record breaking QB and team leader BS.  Argued all winter how it was a function of the team, but stats don't lie, right?  I seriously believe this is a top 5 offense with a decent QB. 

2 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Watching the game now; Fitz had Anderson wide open; not only does he overthrow him, but he threw it over the wrong shoulder. He hits Anderson for the big TD; the momentum is all on the Jets and the Miami D has to stop stacking the box. I was all for the Fitz signing, but his time has passed.

The one saving grace is that this is exactly what Bowles said right before he benched Ryan for Geno. My big fear is that Petty is either not ready or not good and if they put Petty in and he sucks - this season is going to last forever. They didn't play Geno for a reason. I hope in this case, Bowles is being overly conservative and Petty gives us hope for next year.

Not exactly, while he did state Ryan is his QB, he left the door open by saying he'll review the film with the coaches. This time when asked he said Fitz would be starting. This time if he wavers he looks the fool, last time he had an out. 

11 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Does Todd Bowles watch anything on offense? I'm honestly intrigued if he watches this team on offense.

I write it out every week about how Fitzpatrick is a below average QB, yet we do absolutely nothing to turn it around.  How does this guy preach accountability?  Here's a QB making 12 million (spare me the $7 million BS, it's a one year $12 million contract for all it's worth) playing some of the worst QB play we've seen.  People wanted to get Sanchez and Smith out.  The QB ratings haven't been updated, but Fitzpatrick was dead last in QB ratings to start the day, and it should only go down.  There is a possibility that after the update, his new rating will be lower than any year from Sanchez/Smith, with quite possibly one of the most loaded offenses I have ever seen out of the Jets outside of the QB spot.  

I'm honestly tired of this BS.  Really? He's the starter for next week?  Bowles had a built in excuse to bench Fitzpatrick when he got hurt.  Nope, bionic legs to the rescue, so he can throw more interceptions.  I hope absolutely no one shows up to the game next week so the team gets the message.  Anyone but Fitz!

Ryan Fitzpatrick is good to the media, and ergo all the media people hyped him up, record breaking QB and team leader BS.  Argued all winter how it was a function of the team, but stats don't lie, right?  I seriously believe this is a top 5 offense with a decent QB. 

For those that missed them in the past:  http://www.jetnation.com/category/ny-jets-film-review/. Definitely worth checking out.

The interception in the end zone, a jump ball thrown over 20 yards in the air to no Jet player....with Quincy open on the 5 yard line, yeah I wonder what grade he will get for that play?

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

For those that missed them in the past:  http://www.jetnation.com/category/ny-jets-film-review/. Definitely worth checking out.

The interception in the end zone, a jump ball thrown over 20 yards in the air to no Jet player....with Quincy open on the 5 yard line, yeah I wonder what grade he will get for that play?

Besides that Buffalo game, I honestly have never seen a QB this inept at finding open guys when there are plenty of open guy.  

For any of those checking out the video, watch the pre-snap coverage.  Notice, where the defense is lining up, and if the defender is more than 5 or 6 yards off the line, and see if the offensive player becomes open.  It's almost unimaginable how many times these routes are open and they completely ignore him.  Whatever week Geno started, check the tape and see how many times he actually went to that guy with the defender off, and how many times Fitz does it.  It's about double the percentage at least.  

The interception was horrible.  The sack at the end was horrible, because instead of actually running left, right, or back to create space, he actually runs right into the defense.  He does this every week.  The DT interception was horrible.  I honestly don't know what Bowles sees in this guy.  

And I'm not one of those guys that just likes to bash people because they under-perform.  I supported Geno, because at least there was upside.  I'd support Petty or Hackenberg because there is upside.  There is NO UPSIDE whatsoever with Fitz.  He sucks, he won't be here next year, and we waste time evaluating this offense.  It's not just the QBs that need to evaluated.

The WRs-  You can't evaluate them unless you know the defense is playing honest.   All the defenses let guys run by them and play underneath routes because they have no respect for Fitz's arm.  How do you know someone is doing good.  If they blow by a defender who is hedging his bet the QB won't be able to throw deep, is that good?  If the WR can't get separation on a come back route, is that bad?  Or is it because the defender is sitting on that route?

The RB-  How many single high safety looks do we see?  How are the RBs supposed to be looked at when they face more defenders than usual on a consistent basis?   

The O-Line- The sack stats are low because Fitz is a one read QB who likes to get rid of the ball fast even if the guy is covered?  How do you know someone is doing well when the QB doesn't bother to go through progressions most of the time?

28 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Besides that Buffalo game, I honestly have never seen a QB this inept at finding open guys when there are plenty of open guy.  

For any of those checking out the video, watch the pre-snap coverage.  Notice, where the defense is lining up, and if the defender is more than 5 or 6 yards off the line, and see if the offensive player becomes open.  It's almost unimaginable how many times these routes are open and they completely ignore him.  Whatever week Geno started, check the tape and see how many times he actually went to that guy with the defender off, and how many times Fitz does it.  It's about double the percentage at least.  

The interception was horrible.  The sack at the end was horrible, because instead of actually running left, right, or back to create space, he actually runs right into the defense.  He does this every week.  The DT interception was horrible.  I honestly don't know what Bowles sees in this guy.  

And I'm not one of those guys that just likes to bash people because they under-perform.  I supported Geno, because at least there was upside.  I'd support Petty or Hackenberg because there is upside.  There is NO UPSIDE whatsoever with Fitz.  He sucks, he won't be here next year, and we waste time evaluating this offense.  It's not just the QBs that need to evaluated.

The WRs-  You can't evaluate them unless you know the defense is playing honest.   All the defenses let guys run by them and play underneath routes because they have no respect for Fitz's arm.  How do you know someone is doing good.  If they blow by a defender who is hedging his bet the QB won't be able to throw deep, is that good?  If the WR can't get separation on a come back route, is that bad?  Or is it because the defender is sitting on that route?

The RB-  How many single high safety looks do we see?  How are the RBs supposed to be looked at when they face more defenders than usual on a consistent basis?   

The O-Line- The sack stats are low because Fitz is a one read QB who likes to get rid of the ball fast even if the guy is covered?  How do you know someone is doing well when the QB doesn't bother to go through progressions most of the time?

Even the announcers called out Fitz on his stupid INT!!

It was disgraceful and turned the game around and helped contribute in a big way to the loss!!

It is simple Fitz leads the league in missing WRs and INTs, that is not good if you were playing peewee football let alone in the NFL!!!

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

It was disgraceful and turned the game around and helped contribute in a big way to the loss!!

It is simple Fitz leads the league in missing WRs and INTs, that is not good if you were playing peewee football let alone in the NFL!!!

The only reason I even would like to see Fitz play is so we are assured to lose more games.  I don't analyze other teams, but I've looked at the Jets tape for years, and I can't find an offense that consistently gets open like this.  The coaches film basically started in 2011, so I can't go further back but it's mind numbing to see how bad our receivers were at some point, and the stark contrast right now.  

I don't know about Hackenberg yet, because he really needs to fix his mechanics before he does anything, but I honestly think Petty would be better right now than Fitz because he's used to a spread offense at least and this is his second year in the system.  

Robby Anderson would be the steal of the draft, and a possible sleeper on fantasy radars, if we actually had a QB. 

8 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

The CBS crew was stupid.  They had this scouting report screen for Fitz

-Smart

(WTF? Have they watched him play?)

-Strong arm

(Seriously?)

-Can be overly aggressive?

(Yeah, when he is aggressive, we see interceptions)

20 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Didn't you hear, SAR I says it was miscommunication, LMFAO! I'm starting to wonder if the guy is color blind or something. Someone with 12 years experience should never throw that ball. Absolutely inexcusable.

A lot of people were fooled by Fitz last year because Marshall and Decker were constantly bailing Fitz out of his terrible passes, and fact that they faced weak competition. Now the real Fitz has shown up

17 minutes ago, win4ever said:

The only reason I even would like to see Fitz play is so we are assured to lose more games.  I don't analyze other teams, but I've looked at the Jets tape for years, and I can't find an offense that consistently gets open like this.  The coaches film basically started in 2011, so I can't go further back but it's mind numbing to see how bad our receivers were at some point, and the stark contrast right now.  

I don't know about Hackenberg yet, because he really needs to fix his mechanics before he does anything, but I honestly think Petty would be better right now than Fitz because he's used to a spread offense at least and this is his second year in the system.  

Robby Anderson would be the steal of the draft, and a possible sleeper on fantasy radars, if we actually had a QB. 

Chan has been getting a lot of criticism lately but I think he's a big reason for it. Not his fault he's got a complete bum as a QB

15 minutes ago, win4ever said:

The CBS crew was stupid.  They had this scouting report screen for Fitz

-Smart

(WTF? Have they watched him play?)

-Strong arm

(Seriously?)

-Can be overly aggressive?

(Yeah, when he is aggressive, we see interceptions)

I almost feel out of my chair when I saw that. I don't think I laughed so hard in my life. I was wondering if they allowed smoking marijuana in the both

6 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

You have no experienced Qb on the roster. He benched Fitz for Geno who got a season ending injury. So they were stuck with Fitz. Petty was injured too and still recovering.  Petty will soon get some starts which is ok with me. We didn't lose this game just because of Fitz but his red zone pick didn't help. 

Who cares about winning this game? Even my 8 year old kinda gets the point that we are better off with Petty or Hack at QB because our season is over. Only Bowles and you think playing Fitz because he gives us a 12.7pct better chance at winning over Petty is the right move. Guess what? Even if we had won today, our season was over. Why? Because this team just isn't that good. We can barely get by the bad teams and the good teams beat us up and down the field.  

We are better off losing with Petty/Hack than winning with Fitz. It's been that way for a couple of weeks.  Don't confuse me with the pessimistic SOJF's that always think we suck. I will be the guy believing we can go 12-4 next year with Petty or Hack or anyone that ends up playing QB for us. But this team is a disaster right now.  

23 minutes ago, billo83 said:

Chan has been getting a lot of criticism lately but I think he's a big reason for it. Not his fault he's got a complete bum as a QB

Chan is not perfect, he tends to get predictable at times, and his obsession with passing on 3rd and 1 is getting annoying.  I think the biggest problem with these 3rd and 1 passes are that, they clear out the backfield, so the defense doesn't have to worry about the rusher at all.  If we had an athletic QB there like a Mariota, then I understand, but that's not the case.

However, he is light years ahead of the offenses we've had in the past.  Part of it was that we just didn't have athletes to compete on a regular basis.  Try as he might, David Nelson wasn't going to run by anyone.   

20 minutes ago, billo83 said:

I almost feel out of my chair when I saw that. I don't think I laughed so hard in my life. I was wondering if they allowed smoking marijuana in the both

It's probably one of the stupidest "scouting reports" I've seen.  I bet they didn't even research it.  Basically some intern decided he was smart because of Harvard, and figured he has an arm, thus strong arm.  

12 hours ago, Warfish said:

Lol, if you say so.

Lol, if you say so.

Let me prep you for the real world my friend.

In the real world, what Petty does in his 3-4 starts this year means nothing, because the Jets will do something TRULY stupid, like trade for Romo, Brees or some other has-been/never-was to soothe the fans who, this year, were rooting for Fitz to be hurt so the great Geno Smith could get his "fair chance".  

This saviour veteran who will, upon arriving, will either get hurt as he always does (Romo) or just sh*t the bed (Brees).

Or, better yet, we'll reach for an overhyped workout warrior #1 overall pick QB utterly unworthy of it then waste four-five years talking about "needs time" and "needs weapons" and "fair chance".

The odds we actually act like a real franchise, and develop Petty and Hack and/or another pick is nill.  This problem we have today will be our problem still half a decde from now.

Whats a sure thing is by this years end, one of the usual suspects here will be bleating on about hoping Petty gets hurt, so we can sign Glennon or some other dumb sh*t.

This is our fanbase.  They want all of the above.  

Lol how convenient. I'd say if anyone it will be to soothe the impatient "Fitz gives us the best chance to win" fans. Replace Fitz with Romo, Brees, etc. That group of fans that believes building/preparing for a QB - a QB that at least might have a good future - should take a back seat to the fairy tale of a shot with a has-been or never-was. 

But whatever. Go on with your cute story where you're the only good Jets fan where the rest are beneath your virtuous fandom. You obviously believe it. 

9 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Lol where were you in the game thread? The excuses I heard ranged from Anderson must have been hurt since he wanted to come off the field after the play, to being due to some bad woman named Miss Communication. That Fitz never could have realized his receiver would run in the direction of empty, open field towards the post, instead of the side with the DB.

Anderson ran a perfect route. Lot of good that does. 

7 hours ago, j4jets said:

I'm hoping Bowles gets fired. The guy is an idiot. 

I'm starting to think this may actually happen. A few weeks ago, I would have sworn there was no way they would fire him. I figured it's only his second season, and the team won 10 games last year. But the team looks completely disfunctional right now. Bowles appears to be losing control of the team. 

If it happens, either let Mac pick his own guy, or give full control to someone like Jim Harbaugh. 

Amazed that Bowles said Fitz is the QB. None the less Bowles has lost this team. Every week he says we got to get better. He apparently can't fix this team. D-Line gets benched 1st qtr. Stupid penalties. He has lost command of this team. Gailys play calling is horrendous. When Bowles responded to the question of the int in the presser he said he didn't know what happened. As a head coach the first thing I would have said on that head set was WTF happened. Fitz should have been benched long ago. Just another indication that Bowles is not HC material at least not yet. Maybe never.

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

I'm starting to think this may actually happen. A few weeks ago, I would have sworn there was no way they would. I figured it's only his second season, and the team won 10 games last year. But the team looks completely disfunctional right now. Bowles appears to be losing control of the team. 

If it happens, either let Mac pick his own guy, or give full control to someone like Jim Harbaugh. 

Possible, but extremely unlikely. If it happens this early, they need to go very negative in the press and cite specifics of poor job performance. Otherwise it'll just look like a GM covering up his own failures a year after he team won 10 games. 

Harbaugh is on a guaranteed $10M/yr deal. He chose this path despite NFL opportunities post-SF. Michigan is ranked 3rd in the country (?) and are undefeated. He has the perfect coach's life, where he's treated like a deity. He would never, ever come to the freaking Jets in 2017.

7 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Who cares about winning this game? Even my 8 year old kinda gets the point that we are better off with Petty or Hack at QB because our season is over. Only Bowles and you think playing Fitz because he gives us a 12.7pct better chance at winning over Petty is the right move. Guess what? Even if we had won today, our season was over. Why? Because this team just isn't that good. We can barely get by the bad teams and the good teams beat us up and down the field.  

We are better off losing with Petty/Hack than winning with Fitz. It's been that way for a couple of weeks.  Don't confuse me with the pessimistic SOJF's that always think we suck. I will be the guy believing we can go 12-4 next year with Petty or Hack or anyone that ends up playing QB for us. But this team is a disaster right now.  

I want to win these games. No fun on Sunday seeing our team lose and we're not a disaster. Just not a good team. The Jets are competitive. Most bad teams just don't know how to win.  As for starting Qb it could be that Petty is actually right now the best Qb on the roster. Fitz's play is erratic and these red zone picks are inexcusable. Giving Petty a limited play book and seeing what he can do is what they are going to probably do very soon.  

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Well, SAR gave it a passing grade. I gave it a "passing it to the defender" grade. 

"Ryan's our Quarterback"

Did you really expect Todd to say anything different? Didn't he already explain his philosophy of when he announces personnel changes? Geez Louise gimmee a friggin break already!

If coaching believes that starting Petty right now in his development is not the best thing for PETTY....let it go. Do you really want a potentially Geno-esque development of THIS 2nd round Quarterback? Petty can't/won't save the season....noone can. RELAX! Put the crystal ball you picked up from the local Five and Dime DOWN!

306394.jpg

Bowles: "Ryan's our QB".   Me: Ryan keeps making the same mistakes (locking in on receivers, crushing red zone INT's, general moronic QB play) so ride him into a another disastrous season.  Hope your next job is more productive than the one with the Jets.  Let me know if you need any help packing your stuff in January.

I would much rather see Petty start next week against the Rams. I mean only a true dope would let Petty make his first start on a Sunday night on National TV against the Pats or even the following week Monday Night Football against the Colts.

The season is lost. The inmates are running the asylum. The Jets have joined the Knicks in New York laughingstocks.

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Lol how convenient. I'd say if anyone it will be to soothe the impatient "Fitz gives us the best chance to win" fans.

I'm one of those (or was).  Romo is a joke, and trading for such a fragile player a massive mistake.

Best course now that Fitz has failed utterly and Geno cracked like the softboiled egg he is, is to give Petty his test drive for the remainder of 2016.

That group of fans that believes building/preparing for a QB - a QB that at least might have a good future - should take a back seat to the fairy tale of a shot with a has-been or never-was.

Blatant mischaracterization.  

Fans like me believe the best way to develop a young QB (or two) is to have them sit, and learn, behind a good-guy-but-tossaway veteran with the right attitude and preparation and the like.  That this best balances a desire to win-now with building for the future.

I do not believe following the Geno Smith/Mark Sanchez play-them-right-away-and-watch-them-bust model works very well.  

But whatever. Go on with your cute story where you're the only good Jets fan where the rest are beneath your virtuous fandom. You obviously believe it. 

Yes, I believe so-called "fans" who root for their own team to lose by week 4, and who root actively for their own players to be hurt, are beneath contempt.  

I make no apologies for that, those people are detestable.  Frankly, if this site had any morality, such posts would be moderated.  It's simply sad that some of our Mods seem to agree with the "hope Fitz gets hurt" rhetoric enough to let it stand without question.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm one of those (or was).  Romo is a joke, and trading for such a fragile player a massive mistake.

Best course now that Fitz has failed utterly and Geno cracked like the softboiled egg he is, is to give Petty his test drive for the remainder of 2016.

Blatant mischaracterization.  

Fans like me believe the best way to develop a young QB (or two) is to have them sit, and learn, behind a good-guy-but-tossaway veteran with the right attitude and preparation and the like.  That this best balances a desire to win-now with building for the future.

I do not believe following the Geno Smith/Mark Sanchez play-them-right-away-and-watch-them-bust model works very well.  

Yes, I believe so-called "fans" who root for their own team to lose by week 4, and who root actively for their own players to be hurt, are beneath contempt.  

I make no apologies for that, those people are detestable.  Frankly, if this site had any morality, such posts would be moderated.  It's simply sad that some of our Mods seem to agree with the "hope Fitz gets hurt" rhetoric enough to let it stand without question.

blah blah blah I'm the besty'est and most moral Jets fan and this is all I talk about blah blah blah. 

Archived