Freeze-frame of Antonio Allen's kickoff "offsides"

jetscrazey

3 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Not that this is much of an excuse for this team's awful play in general, but that was a tough call.  He was ahead of his teammates but still not really offsides.

IMG_5543.PNG

Well if it results in Fitz finally being benched, then we all owe the refs a big debt of gratitude.  Hell if we're lucky, he doesn't suit up the rest of the season.

If we won the game, Bowles would continue to start Fitz and we'd have to hear "he gives us the best chance to win" BS even longer.

Maybe it was the NFL helping us out.  Didn't Woody reach out to the NFL and Casserly for help finding a GM and coach?  Perhaps they feel guilty we ended up with Dumb and Dumber.  

Dumb:  re-signing signing Fitz.

Dumber:  continuing to start the POS.

Maybe the NFL offices told the refs to help Miami.  All in an attempt to save us from Bowles' idiocy.

Let's hope Bowles isn't as dumb as he seems and he finally makes the correct decision.

Agreed no guarantee we would have won the game, but once again Uncle Walt Coleman's officiating squad f@@ks us in the u know where. How do you make that call to begin with? Not reviewable I guess. But lets continue. The taunt against Pryor? Really? give me a break. I am getting sick of ANY SPORT. with refs, the players bust their ass so some insurance salesman can screw them out of a game...

I said that yesterday. The NFL has to be clear with these refs to stop f*cking with the game. I said if Allen was offsides it was by a millimeter! These guys let agregious holding penalties go, they miss obvious penalties constantly, then for no apparent reason what so ever on a play (kickoffs) that the NFL is trying to limit they make that call yesterday? Mind boggling obviously.

Yes, the Jets should not have given up a TD but between the BS taunting calls & that ridiculous offside call, literally led to 14 points for the Dolphins & that's a fact.

14 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Our Special Teams have been so bad since Westhoff left.

They were pretty bad his last few years here. Which is why he's a desk jockey now. Let's not pump up some has been because the current state of Jets team is bad. Westhoff was not good his last few years as a Jets coach. 

19 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

They were pretty bad his last few years here. Which is why he's a desk jockey now. Let's not pump up some has been because the current state of Jets team is bad. Westhoff was not good his last few years as a Jets coach. 

wrong, he is a desk jockey now because the Jets gave Rex the HC job and he wanted it badly. He is done with the Jets team, now he gets to bash them.

I think the difference is how far forward AA is compared to all the the coverage guys. Sticks out like a sore thumb. You want to not get flagged? Stay well onside; that half yard head start that he may have got would never make a difference.

And remember, freeze frame is one thing, it's very different when guys are going full speed. 

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

It's moot, the Team is poorly Coached. I used to think Rex was bad, the 2016 Jets are a next level Bad.

Really no difference between Rex and Bowles teams other than Rex having a younger Revis. Otherwise, all trash.

While we're talking about bad calls. I have an issue with the down by contact called on Anderson's TD.  I can see if Anderson was on the ground and was touched but he was touched on the shoulder which had absolutely no impact in causing the tackle. Its almost like they're saying once a receiver is touched after possession he's down. I know its the rule , but as we've seen over the last decade the NFL is making a farce out of the rulebook.

52 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

it was a bad call, we saw many yesterday but does anyone believe our D would have gotten a stop even if the penalty isn't called?

The D was making stops in the second half of the game. The Dolphins weren't letting Tannehill lose the game for them. If the first kickoff stands like it should, the Jets were in a great position where a FG would only tie them. They had the momentum. That blown call was a killer.

5 hours ago, Jetfan13 said:

Agreed no guarantee we would have won the game, but once again Uncle Walt Coleman's officiating squad f@@ks us in the u know where. How do you make that call to begin with? Not reviewable I guess. But lets continue. The taunt against Pryor? Really? give me a break. I am getting sick of ANY SPORT. with refs, the players bust their ass so some insurance salesman can screw them out of a game...

The call against Pryor was correct . Pryor is a JACKASS . When are these clowns going to make a tackle and go back to the huddle without a song and dance ?

Specials cost us three games this year.  Three.  We're 6-3 if Specials don't sh*t the bed.

And :rolleyes: at all the Jets Fans openly happy about our loss yesterday because it might, maybe, one day, get Fitz benched again.  

These folks would rather lose embarrassingly to the hated rival Phins than see us win games.

Because something something "blow it all up, lose out for picks". :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Even if it is a borderline or wrong call by the ref, it doesn't mean the Jets have to give up a TD return.  they also gave up a punt return for TD that was called back.

Funny.  I have been a Jet fan for so long that I atually anticipated that happening.  No lie.  That is what being a lifelong Jet fan does to a person.

13 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

The call against Pryor was correct . Pryor is a JACKASS . When are these clowns going to make a tackle and go back to the huddle without a song and dance ?

A truly tough coach would have pinched these guys' heads off for stuff like that. But we have been doing it all year.

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

I said that yesterday. The NFL has to be clear with these refs to stop f*cking with the game. I said if Allen was offsides it was by a millimeter! These guys let agregious holding penalties go, they miss obvious penalties constantly, then for no apparent reason what so ever on a play (kickoffs) that the NFL is trying to limit they make that call yesterday? Mind boggling obviously.

Yes, the Jets should not have given up a TD but between the BS taunting calls & that ridiculous offside call, literally led to 14 points for the Dolphins & that's a fact.

The fix is in...If everything else is rigged, how could you not expect that some football game wouldnt be? How much money rides on these games. Just sayin...

there's all these "If Bill Parcells were the coach" statements

here's one if Bill Parcells were the coach this team would still stink. Cause it's 2016 not 1996 and you can't hide behind the running game and strong defense any more. The QB has to make plays. the QB has to convert a pass on 3rd and 1 that's the league these days. 

This idea that Todd Bowles stinks and Bill Parcells would be able to find a Ray Lucas on this roster where Bowles didn't, it's a fantasy. 

another fantasy is that Bill Parcells' special teams were so awesome. Remember when the Broncos recovered their own kickoff on the Jets 20 in the 2nd half of the 1998 AFCCG 

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/01/loss_in_1998_afc_championship.html

the Jets turned it over 6 times that day 

Coaches coach and players play. 

54 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

If its correct then it has to be called both ways. What about Landry spinning the football, or taunting after every catch.

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

here's one if Bill Parcells were the coach this team would still stink. Cause it's 2016 not 1996 and you can't hide behind the running game and strong defense any more. The QB has to make plays. the QB has to convert a pass on 3rd and 1 that's the league these days. 

This idea that Todd Bowles stinks and Bill Parcells would be able to find a Ray Lucas on this roster where Bowles didn't, it's a fantasy. 

another fantasy is that Bill Parcells' special teams were so awesome. Remember when the Broncos recovered their own kickoff on the Jets 20 in the 2nd half of the 1998 AFCCG 

Parcells is an over rated blowhard. He built his fame when it was possible to buy and build teams (pre salary cap). The Parcells Giants teams were more about the power of money then the brilliance of his coaching.

Post salary cap , he'd ride into the worst possible scenarios like a white knight  (1-15 Jets, Cowboys , Fins) and spend like a drunken sailor, when he couldn't get the job done he'd jump ship and leave his successors with the aging bag of goods and the bills to pay.

47 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Parcells also had no problem employing a really bad guy in Dave Meggett here, with the Jints and the Pats. And LT at least once arrived at practice in a police car, to say nothing of not showing up at all, or showing up high and drunk often. Not to say he was a bad coach, quite the contrary. Simply it's a different time and the comparison is close to apples and oranges rather than apples and apples. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Specials cost us three games this year.  Three.  We're 6-3 if Specials don't sh*t the bed.

And :rolleyes: at all the Jets Fans openly happy about our loss yesterday because it might, maybe, one day, get Fitz benched again.  

These folks would rather lose embarrassingly to the hated rival Phins than see us win games.

Because something something "blow it all up, lose out for picks". :rolleyes:

Then cry for those picks to be run out of town after a year or two because something something ... :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, oc_jet said:

The fix is in...If everything else is rigged, how could you not expect that some football game wouldnt be? How much money rides on these games. Just sayin...

Then why would they not allow the punt return where no one saw a penalty

Archived