Sign in to follow this  
Jetster

Wesley Johnsons grades?

I'd love to know how Wesley did yesterday in place of Mangold. Time to move on from Nick (great Jet) but way overpaid now for his age & production. All you need to know about the Jets is that when more Jet fans are wearing your centers jerseys than our QBs jersey your team STINKS! The Patriots have had tons of centers since Mangold has been here.

Having our future center on the roster is just one less position of need to draft for, allowing Macc to focus on more important parts of the team to improve. The WRs are set. If Johnson works out 3 out of the 5 Oline positions are set. Macc needs to find that pass rushing LB. Jenkins & Lee will get better with more experience & Mauldin looks like depth player.

2017 will be the start of a true rebuild. I don't see Revis, Harris, maybe Mangold (unless he takes a pay cut) or Fitz here. We have to find some young leaders. Macc has 3 more years to build the Jets. Brady will be 42 years old. We're starting earlier than the Fins who signed players like Suh, Maxwell, ect. under Tanny. Tannyhill looked terrible to me & don't think he's anything special & he's locked up to ridiculous money based on his talent. The Bills will probably tire of Rex by then & they'll start all over. 2016 will be the last year of old vets who are hanging on by a thread. Let's hope we either grab Glennon or end up bad enough to have a shot at a QB in the draft.

After seeing Dak Prescott, I don't believe anything said about young QBs anymore. The rule changes in this league if you put together a good Oline & add a good running game, allow for a young QB to flourish. Fitz missed multiple WIDE OPEN receivers yesterday, I'd rather have a young QB missing WRs & watching film instead of a 12 year veteran still making rookie mistakes! And what was with that interception thrown to the Dlineman? Lmao! Was that as bad as you've ever seen? It blows my mind that Bowles can see that & say "he gives us the best chance to win", really? How low can the Jets go? There is no one on this board that can convince me that Fitz is even better than Sanchez. 

• Upvote 2

It's pretty clear that mangold is nothing more than average at this point, totally replaceable 

• Upvote 1

Yep seems like he's played pretty well giving us some leverage with Mangold.  The guy that needs to go is Giacomini he stunk yesterday, played the young guys.

He played well. Suh was a non-factor (not really a surprise but it was nice to see Wesley handle him).

He called a good game. The T's could not hold any ground. Clady was horrible. I think Ed Giacomin would block better than Giacomini.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

Yep seems like he's played pretty well giving us some leverage with Mangold.  The guy that needs to go is Giacomini he stunk yesterday, played the young guys.

whoa...let's have Bitonti come in and tell us how good the O line is playing.

He played well. His weakness is still pass protection, but it would appear he's improved in that aspect of the game. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

He called a good game. The T's could not hold any ground. Clady was horrible. I think Ed Giacomin would block better than Giacomini.

Clady didn't even play.

Johnson was solid, but him and the two guards got zero push on runs up the middle.

• Upvote 2

Seems to be the case with all the linemen we started this week - as they have been getting real game experience, they are getting better.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetdawgg said:

Eddie could scrap with the best of them.

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Clady didn't even play.

Johnson was solid, but him and the two guards got zero push on runs up the middle.

Good thing that was not Clady. I watched the game on a portable device..

2 hours ago, peebag said:

whoa...let's have Bitonti come in and tell us how good the O line is playing.

it's not that the OL is dominant or amazing. It's that they are good enough to win games. 

Go look at Seattle's offensive line or New England's offensive line right now and get back to me 

only teams with super sh*tty QBs are focused on having an amazing offensive line 

in this league the pass opens up the run not the other way around. The threat of a passing QB makes the OL's job much easier.  

• Upvote 3