Mo and Sheldon regularly No-show team meetings

AFJF

14 minutes ago, kmnj said:

bowles should have stated why they were sat for the first quarter-none of this coachs choice b.s

when you dont hold the inmates accountable they run the joint

parcells would have blasted these guys in the media and shamed them something awful, fined them their game checks and sat their asses

Benching them is holding them accountable. They know why they have been benched. The know what will happen if they keep doing this. If MO gets suspended for a game, he won't get paid. Airing the dirty laundry is a coaches way of letting the fans and the media 'punish' the players. If you ask me, keeping it in house and benching them is better than telling to world. Bowles kept it in house, the two guys were benched, and the world found out why. I don't think he could have handled it better (except for doing it sooner).

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What a disgrace, one guy just got paid a zillion dollars for having one full good year after having parts of a few other good years.  The other guy wants to get paid.  Bowles running a tight ship.

Again. For all we know it's just these two. So let's not generalize yet. 

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Again. For all we know it's just these two. So let's not generalize yet. 

Just these two?  A guy we just sold the farm on financial and another 1st round pick on a unit that is supposed to be tearing other teams a new hole every game?

8 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Benching them is holding them accountable. They know why they have been benched. The know what will happen if they keep doing this. If MO gets suspended for a game, he won't get paid. Airing the dirty laundry is a coaches way of letting the fans and the media 'punish' the players. If you ask me, keeping it in house and benching them is better than telling to world. Bowles kept it in house, the two guys were benched, and the world found out why. I don't think he could have handled it better (except for doing it sooner).

He's also embarrassing them in front of the media. No need to state what happened the story will get leaked and the two of them will have to answer for it.  

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There is a reason we tried to trade both of these guys.

This is good news because it shows the lack of respect the players have for the head coach.  And the owner now knows it too.

Clueless Bowles will be let go on black monday.  That is good news.

when is black Monday???

24 minutes ago, jamesr said:

But BB would have said nothing, "coach's decision" (20 times if needed), and moved on from it.

I prefer they keep it in house. Don't want the circus atmosphere back.

Don't want circus atmosphere back either, but I'm starting to see signs of a new one rolling into town.

33 minutes ago, kmnj said:

bowles should have stated why they were sat for the first quarter-none of this coachs choice b.s

when you dont hold the inmates accountable they run the joint

parcells would have blasted these guys in the media and shamed them something awful, fined them their game checks and sat their asses

Yeah.  Look how hard he was on LT

16 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Rex would have given them a pass. Bowles actually held them accountable.

Accountable to a point. The first time you miss or are late to a meeting, a 1st quarter benching seems acceptable.  According to the source, they are both late or miss meetings "all the time".

A stronger message needed to be sent.

15 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Rex would have given them a pass. Bowles actually held them accountable.

We don't know how much of that article is true, but if they did miss or we're late to meetings consistently, why didn't Bowles sit them earlier?   That's my issue with this.

First offense, sure they get a pass with a warning.  Second time, sit for the first quarter, third time, sit for the first half, and so on...

Bowles has to set the tone that this behavior is not acceptable.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Welcome back, 2014!!!

this is what Mehta was referring to when he tweeted that jets fans would be shocked at what some players get away with.  THis was the culture under Rex and it continues similarly under Bowles.  FML.

Just now, Dcat said:

this is what Mehta was referring to when he tweeted that jets fans would be shocked at what some players get away with.  THis was the culture under Rex and it continues similarly under Bowles.  FML.

at least under rex the players played hard and were well coached.

This is a horrible example for two of the teams better players to set. I'm glad we didn't hear that Williams was missing meetings also.

Bowles was right to bench them and send a message. It's not his fault players don't show up to meetings.

I have no idea whats happened with Wilkerson. It's extremely disappointing.

7 minutes ago, flgreen said:

If the team continues to come out unprepared, uninspired, and clearly disrespects the HC, yeah, you fire him.

Should have been up 7-0 yesterday after 1st drive but the QB missed 2 wide open WRs that would have been easy TDs. 

Then because two idiots were being disciplined and on the sideline Miami marches down the field to take a 7-3 lead. 

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There is a reason we tried to trade both of these guys.

This is good news because it shows the lack of respect the players have for the head coach.  And the owner now knows it too.

Clueless Bowles will be let go on black monday.  That is good news.

Interesting this is not on Bowles!!

Why hasn't anyone mentioned our DC Kacy Rodger!!!!!!

Kacy Rodger is AWFUL!!!!

Bowles has had to step in and help him and he doesn't command the respect of the players!!!!

How is it possible that this guy still has a job???????

1 hour ago, Happy Clouds said:

Accountable to a point. The first time you miss or are late to a meeting, a 1st quarter benching seems acceptable.  According to the source, they are both late or miss meetings "all the time".

A stronger message needed to be sent.

+1

This half-ass punishment after all this time is hardly an example of holding them accountable. Or anyway, do it once, they get a warning. The 2nd time, they get benched for part of a game, fined by the team, etc. 3rd time, suspended for a game.  

When expressions like "all the time" are used, I can't even imagine how long this has been going on.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

+1

This half-ass punishment after all this time is hardly an example of holding them accountable. Or anyway, do it once, they get a warning. The 2nd time, they get benched for part of a game, fined by the team, etc. 3rd time, suspended for a game.  

When expressions like "all the time" are used, I can't even imagine how long this has been going on.

Indeed...

Was this the first time or does this behavior extend to last season as well????

Good Grief!!!!

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Sheldon should have been traded to the highest bidder last week.

Mo I am surprised at... I didn't want him to be signed to a big contract due to his lack of pass rush consistency but I understand why they did it. If this is him post-big contract then he will be gone sooner than later. His contract isn't terrible so thankfully it shouldn't hinder us too much moving forward.

Basically what i was saying.

But I got absolutely blasted for saying a 2nd would be unlikely but great, a 3rd was sufficient and a 4th would be disappointing but acceptable.

"Buh, buh, he's worth at least a 1st!"

Morons.

Now the Jets would be lucky to fetch a 4th for Sheldumb after this leak.  Lucky.

Archived