AFJF

Mo and Sheldon regularly No-show team meetings

1 minute ago, BroadwayJets said:

Wow

Lol Hahahahaha 

$85 million for this. Where's my man Gato?!?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Lol Hahahahaha 

He's in Canton working on the fast track to the HOF..;)

9 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Lol Hahahahaha 

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

He's in Canton working on the fast track to the HOF..;)

Of course Gato was right. Sports are easy!

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Bowles can only discipline a guy after the fact he's not minority report.  The fact that he benched the team's stars for any amount of time gives him more balls than most of his peers. I'll say it again Dez Bryant hasn't gone to a meeting since ever. Stars don't go to meetings the fact that Bowles cares enough to try and stop it makes him the 2016 NFL version of Knute Rockne.  

I meant after repeated offenses.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Didn't work in Cleveland did it. Brady leads to winning. Winning leads to time to build that culture. And now it's a machine. Pats fans wanted him fired after 2000.

Its not Brady the player. It's what he has led to. 

On the contrary, Bill was known for his no-nonsense approach in Cleveland. One of the best examples of Bill being Bill is him refused to re-install Bledsoe and rolling with Brady, despite the second-guessing he got. He's always been this way. He doesn't take sh*t from players. He'd be the same with or without Brady. 

He didn't need Brady to empower him. His approach is why Brady didn't go back to the bench. 

You're wrong, like usual.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

murderersrow_zps8hz8vgne.jpg

SAR is pointing out how everyone wants to blame the guy all the way to the right instead of the steaming pile that is immediately to his left. 

Ryan plays hard, doesn't beg out of practice, plays hurt, acts like a leader, takes responsibility, faces the media, basically all the things the far more talented guys to his left should be doing but aren't.  I'll take 5 Ryan Fitzpatrick's, warts and all, before these bums who aren't even trying to live up to their potential.

SAR I

The business world is full of the type of person you just mention. The all american scholar athlete, well liked , hard working who just didn't have enough talent to flourish at the NFL level.  That is Fitzy to a tee, its just a shame we wasted 12M and a roster spot on this feel good story.

46 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Wow

Man Mo must feel like the biggest a$$hole.  Talk about feeling selfish.  That whole defensive room must feel differently about him after they try and do something nice that he doesn't even show up to.  Should have been benched the whole game instead of a quarter.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

these are related issues

How many 3 and outs and INTS have put the dL in bad spots? 

the defensive line knows the team isn't going anywhere and that's because of Fitz/Geno whoever. 

they aren't robots who play 100% no matter what. They are humans who tend to execute only what they believe they can do. It's about confidence.  

Fire the head coach doesn't change that fact. 

The head coach, whoever he is, makes 10x less money than a player like MO. 

INTs do not stop players from coming to team meetings or arriving on time. 

I don't see any of the other guys on the DL playing so poorly.

• Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There is a reason we tried to trade both of these guys.

This is good news because it shows the lack of respect the players have for the head coach.  And the owner now knows it too.

Clueless Bowles will be let go on black monday.  That is good news.

racist.

I think Little Bill sent 4 of his best players home after coming to work late due to a snow storm. Maybe Todd should have nipped this in the bud before his players missed complete meetings...

http://www.patspulpit.com/2015/6/10/8762321/history-of-bill-belichick-sending-patriots-players-home-from-practice

Bill Belichick didn't become the most powerful man on Earth by playing nicely with his players. He earned the title through ruthless execution and ridiculously high expectations for his players. It turns out that Super Bowl hero Malcolm Butler hasn't been available at practice because his flight to New England was delayed- so Belichick benched him for the past three weeks.

This isn't the first time that Belichick's sent players home.

In 2014, Jonas Gray was coming off a record setting performance against the Indianapolis Colts, when he missed his alarm clock and was late to practice. Belichick benched him and LeGarrette Blount took over as the starting running back. Gray only saw the field for limited snaps over the rest of the season and was a healthy scratch for the Super Bowl.

This, of course, was a starkly different approach compared to just three weeks earlier, when Darrelle Revis missed a practice prior to the Bears game. Gray lost his starting job. Revis missed a day of practice and was back on the saddle for the rest of the season.

In 2013, linebacker Brandon Spikes was placed on the injured reserve and the scuttlebutt was that the injury wasn't bad enough to hold Spikes out from playing in a game- Spikes was late for meetings a handful of times and Belichick thought that it was worth punishing Spikes by ending his Patriots tenure on the inactive list.

In 2009, Belichick sent the quartet of Randy Moss, Adalius Thomas, Gary Guyton, and Derrick Burgess home after they were late to practice due to a snow storm. Thomas made the infamous "it's not the Jetsons" comment and almost got into a car accident due to the snow. Guyton was the only player who lasted for a full season after 2009.

There is a major difference in almost being in an accident, and actually getting in an accident. When Tom Brady got in his scary fender bender in 2010, he was (reasonably) late for practice. He was not sent home upon his eventual arrival.

Hopefully Butler won't experience any major setbacks from missing this time with the team. All accounts show that Butler is studying film at home and working out as hard as ever.

For all of the other players on the roster: don't be late, or else your tenure in New England might come to an end.

I wonder how many fans will remember t his forever....especially since there was no time change. 

I fully expect to hear about this 3 years later. lol. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

The business world is full of the type of person you just mention. The all american scholar athlete, well liked , hard working who just didn't have enough talent to flourish at the NFL level.  That is Fitzy to a tee, its just a shame we wasted 12M and a roster spot on this feel good story.

All true, but don't miss the point:  Warts and all, Fitzpatrick is a better player than the other guys.  I'd take a team of Wayne Chrebet's before a team of Blair Thomas'.

SAR I

2 hours ago, varjet said:

Bowles does not report to Macc.  Bowles was hired by Woody before Macc was hired.  They both report to Woody.

Macc puts together the roster, runs the draft and claims players.  Woody runs football "operations."

Never said he does report to Macc, but if he is fired you can bet Macc will select his replacement.  

All true, but don't miss the point:  Warts and all, Fitzpatrick is a better player than the other guys.  I'd take a team of Wayne Chrebet's before a team of Blair Thomas'.

SAR I

What other guys ?? Wayne Chrebet wasn't ranked statistically last among Wr's almost every year. This league has a place for feel good stories but only if those feel good stories can actually play. It would be like hiring the least qualified candidate for a job because he's well liked and tries hard. 

11 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

What other guys ?? Wayne Chrebet wasn't ranked statistically last among Wr's almost every year. This league has a place for feel good stories but only if those feel good stories can actually play. It would be like hiring the least qualified candidate for a job because he's well liked and tries hard. 

Look at it this way:  If Darrelle Revis, Geno Smith, Mo Wilkerson, and Sheldon Richardson played up to their potential, we'd be 6-3 right now.  And if they played beyond their potential, like Wayne Chrebet and Ryan Fitzpatrick did in spurts, we'd be 7-2.

You want to run the guy who is busting his ass out of town and excuse the lazy ones who aren't even giving a half effort.  Why? 

Everyone loved Chad Pennington for being such a 'warrior', right?  Ryan Fitzpatrick is twice the man Chad Pennington is, the guy puts his body out there, scrambles like a maniac, plays through an injured hand tendon and now an injured knee ligament, threw more TD's than anyone else in team history, and is the type of leader we haven't had since Namath. Is he good enough?  No.  But is he trying harder than these other players who won't follow his lead?  Definitely.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Look at it this way:  If Darrelle Revis, Geno Smith, Mo Wilkerson, and Sheldon Richardson played up to their potential, we'd be 6-3 right now.  And if they played beyond their potential, like Wayne Chrebet and Ryan Fitzpatrick did in spurts, we'd be 7-2.

You want to run the guy who is busting his ass out of town and excuse the lazy ones who aren't even giving a half effort.  Why? 

Everyone loved Chad Pennington for being such a 'warrior', right?  Ryan Fitzpatrick is twice the man Chad Pennington is, the guy puts his body out there, scrambles like a maniac, plays through an injured hand tendon and now an injured knee ligament, threw more TD's than anyone else in team history, and is the type of leader we haven't had since Namath. Is he good enough?  No.  But is he trying harder than these other players who won't follow his lead?  Definitely.

SAR I

stop, Fitz isn't half as tough or half the player Chad was and Jet fans hated Chad anyway.  Jet fans don't like anyone.  the only reason namath is beloved is b/c his career didn't take place in the social media era or we'd tear him down too.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR is pointing out how everyone wants to blame the guy all the way to the right instead of the steaming pile that is immediately to his left. 

Ryan plays hard, doesn't beg out of practice, doesn't miss meetings, plays hurt, acts like a leader, takes responsibility, faces the media, basically all the things the far more talented guys to his left should be doing but aren't.  I'll take 5 Ryan Fitzpatrick's, warts and all, before these bums who aren't even trying to live up to their potential.

SAR I

Revis= Probowler, All-Pro, HOF'er

Geno=JAG

Sheldon= Rookie of the year, Probowler

Wilk= Probowler

Fitz= All-Ivy League, Ivy League MVP, Pro JAG, SAR I will take 5 Ryan Fitzpatrick's over All-Pro's, HOF'ers, Rookie of the year winners and probowlers....simply because these accolades prove that they're not "living up to their potential". 

Oh, and The "Geno JAG" is based on a crumbling franchise, terrible GM, depleting talent after drafting a QB etc. 

SAR, you've said some wild things in the past....but this one here my friend! WOW! lol. 

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Knowing what we know now, perhaps.  Character and work ethic means a lot in the NFL.  Damon Harrison appears to be a good teammate and a hard worker in East Rutherford, what we've got in Florham Park leaves little to be desired.

SAR I

I don't disagree with the point about the value of work ethic but Harrison was getting way too much money for basically a one dimensional run-stuffer....a very, very good one and who was by all accounts hugely popular and a leader but he's not Kris Jenkins

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, shawn306 said:

I don't see it Harbaugh leaving unless Michigan win a National Championship. He would be perfect though because he will get that team to win.

I am very tired the "First Year HC" Syndrome that the Jets have had forever. Except for Weeb and Parcells I think just about everyone else was a first year head coach.

The Jets need someone like a Sean Peyton, or Mike McCarthy to come here with some cred and take over. I know the odds of them getting fired anytime soon is pretty much nil but, that kind of guy is what the Jets need. I am tired of the the Bowles, Rex, Mangini, Herm, Groh, Coslet. Carroll, Walton, Charley Winner types.  

Rich Kotite was an experienced NFL HC. Had a 64-36 record (plus 2-1 in the playoffs). We should hire an experienced guy like him. :) 

Sean Payton had no head coaching experience when New Orleans hired him. Ditto Mike McCarthy in GB. And McCarthy in particular is tremendously overrated. Put him in the AFCE without an elite QB and see how great he'd be. Ditto Payton for that matter. 

I'll give McCarthy plenty of credit for the work he did developing Rodgers, but as a HC, his teams blow when Rodgers isn't on his A game. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a Jag - what is playing beyond his potential - actually winning against a good team or making the playoffs.

I don'r care how much effort he gives , Fitz flat out stinks , there's 12 years of ironclad evidence to back that up,

3 hours ago, BroadwayJets said:

Wow

Mo passed up cake?  Since when?  Have you seen his gut.  The only thing he's been missing is salad

• Upvote 1

This report is pretty awful if true.  The fact that Mo hasn't been playing well this year (whether its injury, or effort) has to be frustrating for insiders.  Now if he isn't showing up to meetings and to his own birthday parties, well yea discipline is needed.

If he's mailed it in, or worse if he's permanently reduced as a result of his injury, we are in an even worse spot than I thought.  That contract is a killer!!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Revis= Probowler, All-Pro, HOF'er

Geno=JAG

Sheldon= Rookie of the year, Probowler

Wilk= Probowler

Fitz= All-Ivy League, Ivy League MVP, Pro JAG, SAR I will take 5 Ryan Fitzpatrick's over All-Pro's, HOF'ers, Rookie of the year winners and probowlers....simply because these accolades prove that they're not "living up to their potential".

Oh, and The "Geno JAG" is based on a crumbling franchise, terrible GM, depleting talent after drafting a QB etc.

SAR, you've said some wild things in the past....but this one here my friend! WOW! lol. 

Revis = Fat and rich, doesn't want responsibility, not a leader, collecting a paycheck.

Geno = Young and selfish, taking shots at the organization on Twitter, trying to divide the locker room and promote himself.

Sheldon = Boycotts the media more than Geno did, zero leadership, zero effort, a horror show of a person.

Wilkerson = The invisible man, can't make a meeting, can't lead, disrespectful, mailing it in.

Fitzpatrick = Blue collar lunchpail guy, very limited skills, doing all he can to help the team on and off the field, accountable.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

The Jets organization is in shambles thanks to Mike Maccagnan and Todd Brillo beard Bowles.  

How about fining these players a game check or 2 or better yet suspend them without pay. 

Hit the overpaid spoiled brats in their wallets. 

Id like to hear there side of the story if clueless Bowles and Rodgers are having moron meetings maybe they cant be blamed for not going or showing up late. 

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Revis = Fat and rich, doesn't want responsibility, not a leader, collecting a paycheck.

Geno = Young and selfish, taking shots at the organization on Twitter, trying to divide the locker room and promote himself.

Sheldon = Boycotts the media more than Geno did, zero leadership, zero effort, a horror show of a person.

Wilkerson = The invisible man, can't make a meeting, can't lead, disrespectful, mailing it in.

Fitzpatrick = Blue collar lunchpail guy, very limited skills, doing all he can to help the team on and off the field, accountable.

SAR I

This guy gets it

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Jets organization is in shambles thanks to Todd Brillo beard Bowles.  

Fetch is not going to happen.

SAR I

Fetch is not going to happen.

SAR I

Sit and roll over I can pay you in worthless Jets trinkets. 

joewilly12 

37 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

This guy gets it

....if only 1 thru 4 did. 

SAR I

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sit and roll over I can pay you in worthless Jets trinkets. 

joewilly12 

F7790C7B-29FB-4EBC-88F5-C01380822D31_zps

Ask your kids. They'll explain it to you. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

F7790C7B-29FB-4EBC-88F5-C01380822D31_zps

Ask your kids. They'll explain it to you. 

SAR I

Leave my family out of this.Thanks 

Image result for gate d giants stadium spiral pics

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Leave my family out of this or it will get nasty I promise. Thanks 

..and another fish gets reeled in by SAR....