Mo and Sheldon regularly No-show team meetings

AFJF

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Should I bother to tell him it was about his kids explaining the movie reference to him?

SAR I

Dont bother SAR I I'm not interested in anything you have to say anymore. It doesn't matter. 

Enjoy the rest of the season and good luck selling your game tickets. 

Especially enjoy that Jets polyester scarf made  in China.

joewilly12

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Dont bother SAR I I'm not interested in anything you have to say anymore. It doesn't matter. 

Enjoy the rest of the season and good luck selling your game tickets. 

Especially enjoy that Jets polyester scarf made  in China.

joewilly12

ab1_zps43c7a7f6.jpg

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Revis = Fat and rich, doesn't want responsibility, not a leader, collecting a paycheck.

Geno = Young and selfish, taking shots at the organization on Twitter, trying to divide the locker room and promote himself.

Sheldon = Boycotts the media more than Geno did, zero leadership, zero effort, a horror show of a person.

Wilkerson = The invisible man, can't make a meeting, can't lead, disrespectful, mailing it in.

Fitzpatrick = Blue collar lunchpail guy, very limited skills, doing all he can to help the team on and off the field, accountable.

SAR I

Dude, seriously didn't get past the "fat and rich" part.

Fitz is trash....give it up.

Jim Schwartz - Eagles DC. Has turned them into a stellar unit overnight. Former experience with Detroit and had them in playoffs. Fiery, smart, and someone young. 

Jim Bob Cooter - Young, progressive mind. Steller coordinator on offense. Has turned Stafford into a top 3 QB, despite having an awful HC in Caldwell.

11 hours ago, flgreen said:

Yeah.  Look how hard he was on LT

If his star is performing like a star on the field of play he gets "hot chick" rules

if the star isn't performing ... Or it's a regular player Tuna would give him the business !

12 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Rich Kotite was an experienced NFL HC. Had a 64-36 record (plus 2-1 in the playoffs). We should hire an experienced guy like him. :) 

Sean Payton had no head coaching experience when New Orleans hired him. Ditto Mike McCarthy in GB. And McCarthy in particular is tremendously overrated. Put him in the AFCE without an elite QB and see how great he'd be. Ditto Payton for that matter. 

I'll give McCarthy plenty of credit for the work he did developing Rodgers, but as a HC, his teams blow when Rodgers isn't on his A game. 

Well hopefully the Jets are smart enough to stay away from a guy like Kotite.

I don't expect Peyton and McCarthy to be fired anytime soon (Although the way the Packers and Rodgers are playing this year you never know) but sometimes when a guy has been there 10+ years or so the message starts to fall on deaf ears and a change is needed. When Andy Reid got fired in Philly after the 2012 season I thought he would have been a great choice. Yeah I know the guy hasn't won the Super Bowl but he helped make the Eagles a perennial contender in the NFC East, 4 straight NFC Championship games appearances and a Super Bowl appearance.

I guess what I am saying is that I am tired of the guy whose 1st head coaching stop is with the Jets. Bowles, Rex, Mangini, Herm, Groh, Kotitie, Carroll, Coslet, Walton, Holtz, I mean enough already. The Jets best run in the last 40 years is when they brought in Parcells. A guy with a resume of success in New England and the Giants. That is the kind of guy I want.

TBH while it doesn't excuse Fitz's comments last week about the Coach, GM and Owner not believing in him I actually do get it a little bit more now.  If he's getting benched why are guys like Mo and Sheldon still out there when they don't even have the respect to show up on time (or at all)?  It's all sort of piecing together now.

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

Well hopefully the Jets are smart enough to stay away from a guy like Kotite.

I don't expect Peyton and McCarthy to be fired anytime soon (Although the way the Packers and Rodgers are playing this year you never know) but sometimes when a guy has been there 10+ years or so the message starts to fall on deaf ears and a change is needed. When Andy Reid got fired in Philly after the 2012 season I thought he would have been a great choice. Yeah I know the guy hasn't won the Super Bowl but he helped make the Eagles a perennial contender in the NFC East, 4 straight NFC Championship games appearances and a Super Bowl appearance.

I guess what I am saying is that I am tired of the guy whose 1st head coaching stop is with the Jets. Bowles, Rex, Mangini, Herm, Groh, Kotitie, Carroll, Coslet, Walton, Holtz, I mean enough already. The Jets best run in the last 40 years is when they brought in Parcells. A guy with a resume of success in New England and the Giants. That is the kind of guy I want.

I'm sick of the learn on the job hires also. I agree with you, and was just having fun with the Kotite irony. 

12 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dude, seriously didn't get past the "fat and rich" part.

Fitz is trash....give it up.

Just because the rest of the team sucks doesn't mean Fitz also doesn't suck

Btw, Fitz is getting paid $12 million salary that's pretty high for a "blue collar, lunch pail guy"

2 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Just because the rest of the team sucks doesn't mean Fitz also doesn't suck

Btw, Fitz is getting paid $12 million salary that's pretty high for a "blue collar, lunch pail guy"

The salary has nothing to do with his performance or expectations.  After 11 years we knew what we were signing.

Fitzpatrick sucks, but he sucks because he lacks physical gifts; the likes of Wilkerson and Richardson have absolutely no excuses for the way they have performed and behaved this year.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

But you know, he's a leader and all...and Marsh, Mangold and Decker like him. 

If you can't see the difference between Fitzpatrick's 10-6 year and Geno's 4-12 year and see what the same team looked like with better leadership I don't know what to tell you.

Especially now when we see the kind of broken locker room we have with selfish players like Revis, Richardson, Wilkerson, and Smith causing dissension and frustration.  We need a team leader more than ever, and that's probably the reason why Fitzpatrick is starting.  There is no one else to set a good example.

SAR I

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

If you can't see the difference between Fitzpatrick's 10-6 year and Geno's 4-12 year and see what the same team looked like with better leadership I don't know what to tell you.

Especially now when we see the kind of broken locker room we have with selfish players like Revis, Richardson, Wilkerson, and Smith causing dissension and frustration.  We need a team leader more than ever, and that's probably the reason why Fitzpatrick is starting.  There is no one else to set a good example.

SAR I

Well, Fitz is 3-6 right now, so there's that. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well, Fitz is 3-6 right now, so there's that. 

Fitzpatrick is 0-5 against NFL winners.

Fitzpatrick is 3-1 against NFL losers.

That's what happened last season, that's what's happened his other 10 seasons, it's what's happening this season.  This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

The surprise?  The DEFENSE.  Start a thread about benching the DEFENSE.

SAR I

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

That's what happened last season, that's what's happened his other 10 seasons, it's what's happening this season.  This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

SAR I

It was never a surprise to me, which is why I said STOP DEFENDING THIS GUY and using Geno as a tool to do it. your above statement shows that it holds no water. It's not about liking a guy, but producing. Geno's 4-12 record in his 2nd year with no talent is understandable, Fitz 3-6 record in his 12th year with all these weapons both young and old is indefensible.

So there's that

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Oh, and speaking of defense, this is what i mean about your favoritism/deflecting. During Geno's 4-12 record the defense gave up 25 points on avg. on the season yet you dont mention that...but you're quick to mention the defense when its Fitz. the defense tbis year is giving up on avg 26 points...a 1 point difference. The problem here is Fitz missing his targets who are wide the hell open for TD's. Geno didnt have targets anywhere near this level. Geno wasn't throwing pick after pick in the redzone/endzone. He wasn't leading the league in picks overall and in the 4th. He wasn't leading the league in picks inside the endzone. C'mon bro, stop it. Also, the 2016 Jets have 6 ints in 9 games, the 2014 jets had 6ints on the entire season.

you were wrong bro...stop trying to deflect. 

14 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

They hated him so much they still wear his jersey . GET A CLUE !!!!!!!!

obviously not all but most wanted Brett favre(who cost us a div title while Chad led a team w/ half our talent to a div title) b/c they were sick of Chad, Chad was not liked the last couple of years he was here.  

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

It was never a surprise to me, which is why I said STOP DEFENDING THIS GUY and using Geno as a tool to do it. your above statement shows that it holds no water. It's not about liking a guy, but producing. Geno's 4-12 record in his 2nd year with no talent is understandable, Fitz 3-6 record in his 12th year with all these weapons both young and old is indefensible.

So there's that

I don't understand your point.

I supported the switch to Geno Smith for the same reason I support sticking with Ryan Fitzpatrick right now-  we should start the quarterback who gives us the best chance to win this week.

Bryce Petty, who I support wholeheartedly, does not give us the best chance to win.  Do I want to see him?  Absolutely.  But do our odds of winning drop drastically if he makes his first start this Sunday?  Definitely.  I want to win a few games here, I want to let young WR's and DB's play in competitive games, I want the locker room shenanigans to stop. 

SAR I

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Oh, and speaking of defense, this is what i mean about your favoritism/deflecting. During Geno's 4-12 record the defense gave up 25 points on avg. on the season yet you dont mention that...but you're quick to mention the defense when its Fitz. the defense tbis year is giving up on avg 26 points...a 1 point difference. The problem here is Fitz missing his targets who are wide the hell open for TD's. Geno didnt have targets anywhere near this level. Geno wasn't throwing pick after pick in the redzone/endzone. He wasn't leading the league in picks overall and in the 4th. He wasn't leading the league in picks inside the endzone. C'mon bro, stop it. Also, the 2016 Jets have 6 ints in 9 games, the 2014 jets had 6ints on the entire season.

you were wrong bro...stop trying to deflect. 

You cannot compare the 4-12 Rex Ryan John Idzik No Secondary Jets Defense to the 10-6 Todd Bowles Mike Maccagnan Rebuilt Secondary Jets Defense.

There is no question that Geno Smith was the victim of a lousy defense in 2014.  If that's what you want me to say, no problem, I assumed that was understood.  Scores of Jets quarterbacks were undermined by bad coaching, bad defenses, bad receivers, the list is endless, Geno '14 was one of them for sure.  But you can take Geno Smith out of the conversation from here as my argument has nothing to do with him.

Look at it this way...

The falloff from Fitzpatrick '15 to Fitzpatrick '16 is about 10%.  He's 3-1 against NFL cupcakes, that's concurrent with last year's metrics.  Historically he doesn't beat NFL elites and our early schedule was filled with them.  He fell off when Decker got hurt and Marshall got doubled, threw a boatload of INT's almost exclusively playing catchup in the fourth quarter.

The falloff from Jets Defense '15 to Jets Defense '16 is about 70%.  They dropped from Top 5 to Bottom 25 in the snap of a finger with no discernible difference in talent level.  You can say the loss of Snacks but we are good in run defense.  The lack of pass rush, sacks, and turnovers is the story of our season.  The D is adequate against cupcakes and brutal against elites.  

I'm not sure what I'm wrong about, so please tell me.  I'm no Geno fan but I'm no Fitzpatrick fan either, I just want the best QB on the field for the team on the given Sunday that we suit up to play. 

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I don't understand your point.

I supported the switch to Geno Smith for the same reason I support sticking with Ryan Fitzpatrick right now-  we should start the quarterback who gives us the best chance to win this week.

Bryce Petty, who I support wholeheartedly, does not give us the best chance to win.  Do I want to see him?  Absolutely.  But do our odds of winning drop drastically if he makes his first start this Sunday?  Definitely.  I want to win a few games here, I want to let young WR's and DB's play in competitive games, I want the locker room shenanigans to stop. 

SAR I

You don't understand my point because you're ignoring everything stated before you "supported" the change. 

I'm wasting my time. How was Hong Kong?

22 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

obviously not all but most wanted Brett favre(who cost us a div title while Chad led a team w/ half our talent to a div title) b/c they were sick of Chad, Chad was not liked the last couple of years he was here.  

The only one who wanted Favre was Woody , so he could sell jerseys . Chad was shafted .

25 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Chad Pennington just couldn't stay healthy and couldn't step up in big games.  He was a constant source of frustration.  We booed the crap out of him in '06 and '07, threw a party when he became a Dolphin.

Like Richard Todd, Ken O'Brien, Vinny Testaverde, and Mark Sanchez, he's someone who flashed early, fell apart, and lingered around too long.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You don't understand my point because you're ignoring everything stated before you "supported" the change.

I'm wasting my time. How was Hong Kong?

You are truly one of my favorite posters on the site and I value our exchanges.

Please clarify your issue with my thesis so I can respond to it.  I am not trying to avoid your point, it just isn't clear.

SAR I

1 hour ago, OH THE PAIN said:

The only one who wanted Favre was Woody , so he could sell jerseys . Chad was shafted .

Jet fans BOOED Chad when he got hurt in the 2007 opener.  jet fans did not like Chad by that point and most wanted Favre.  Certain fans on here still talk about favre more highly than Chad.

59 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Chad Pennington just couldn't stay healthy and couldn't step up in big games.  He was a constant source of frustration.  We booed the crap out of him in '06 and '07, threw a party when he became a Dolphin.

Like Richard Todd, Ken O'Brien, Vinny Testaverde, and Mark Sanchez, he's someone who flashed early, fell apart, and lingered around too long.

SAR I

I get the health frustration but when healthy he won and we easily win the div in 2008 w/ Chad.

Archived