Mo and Sheldon regularly No-show team meetings

AFJF

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Jet fans BOOED Chad when he got hurt in the 2007 opener.  jet fans did not like Chad by that point and most wanted Favre.  Certain fans on here still talk about favre more highly than Chad.

I get the health frustration but when healthy he won and we easily win the div in 2008 w/ Chad.

Chad was so much better than a washed-up Favre .

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Jet fans BOOED Chad when he got hurt in the 2007 opener.  jet fans did not like Chad by that point and most wanted Favre.  Certain fans on here still talk about favre more highly than Chad.

I get the health frustration but when healthy he won and we easily win the div in 2008 w/ Chad.

image4698110.jpg

We talk about Favre more highly than Chad because he was vastly superior to Chad.  We were 8-3 with a healthy Favre and with the rest of that schedule that year we would have been 12-4 and won the division.

And you do remember what Pennington was like in the playoffs, right?  He completed more passes to the Baltimore Ravens than he did to Miami Dolphins in his 27-9 home playoff loss, it was humiliating, showed how pointless it was to hold onto a quarterback who choked on the biggest stages.

Then, of course, the Mensa genius decides to go bowling with his surgically repaired arm, blew his season yet again, almost as bad as Joe Namath waterskiing on a reconstructed knee.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

image4698110.jpg

We talk about Favre more highly than Chad because he was vastly superior to Chad.  We were 8-3 with a healthy Favre and with the rest of that schedule that year we would have been 12-4 and won the division.

And you do remember what Pennington was like in the playoffs, right?  He completed more passes to the Baltimore Ravens than he did to Miami Dolphins in his 27-9 home playoff loss, it was humiliating, showed how pointless it was to hold onto a quarterback who choked on the biggest stages.

SAR I

Favre was not good the majority of that season including when he was "healthy".  he held us back all year.

Miami got to the playoffs, right? that's better than melting down the last 5-6 games(spare me the injury excuse this was the "iron man" who could play through anything) including an awful week 17 loss to Miami handing them the division.

Chad stunk in that WC game, his weapons in the pass game were ted Ginn as his #1 and devone Bess.  

Favre made a career of choking on the biggest stages, he should have won 3-4 SBs w/ GB and only won one thanks to his D/STs.  favre blew the '07 title game for GB, the Jets season in '08 then the '09 title game for Minny.

29jets.xlarge2.jpg

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Favre was not good the majority of that season including when he was "healthy".  he held us back all year.

Favre made a career of choking on the biggest stages, he should have won 3-4 SBs w/ GB and only won one thanks to his D/STs.  favre blew the '07 title game for GB, the Jets season in '08 then the '09 title game for Minny.

Favre went to the NFC Championship Game the year before he got to NY and the year after he left NY, and he was almost league MVP for Minnesota.

With the Jets, he was throwing 2 TD's per game, would have had 32+ in all if not for the injury at 8-3 after which he only threw 2 more TD's and 9 INT's.  He injured his throwing arm, just our bad luck, we'd have had a first round bye and homefield throughout the playoffs if not for that.  And knowing what we know about the 2009 and 2010 Jets defense, there was a very good chance that 2008 was destined to be our Super Bowl year.  Another Jets tragedy.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Favre went to the NFC Championship Game the year before he got to NY and the year after he left NY, and he was almost league MVP for Minnesota.

With the Jets, he was throwing 2 TD's per game, would have had 32+ in all if not for the injury at 8-3 after which he only threw 2 more TD's and 9 INT's.  He injured his throwing arm, just our bad luck, we'd have had a first round bye and homefield throughout the playoffs if not for that.  And knowing what we know about the 2009 and 2010 Jets defense, there was a very good chance that 2008 was destined to be our Super Bowl year.  Another Jets tragedy.

SAR I

playing for two teams he WANTED to play for and who he tried to help win.  he never wanted to be here and it showed.

his #s were skewed w/ the Ari game, he was mostly bad that season.  he had the Ari game and a few games in Nov, other than that he was outplayed by Matt Cassell, Jamarcus Russell, Tyler Thigpen, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Shaun Hill, Seneca Wallace, ...  if we had Chad we cruise to only our 3rd ever AFC East title.

If we had sanchez in 2008 we may have won it all that season but unfortunately we had a guy who had no interest in playing for us as our QB.

37 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

playing for two teams he WANTED to play for and who he tried to help win.  he never wanted to be here and it showed.

his #s were skewed w/ the Ari game, he was mostly bad that season.  he had the Ari game and a few games in Nov, other than that he was outplayed by Matt Cassell, Jamarcus Russell, Tyler Thigpen, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Shaun Hill, Seneca Wallace, ...  if we had Chad we cruise to only our 3rd ever AFC East title.

If we had sanchez in 2008 we may have won it all that season but unfortunately we had a guy who had no interest in playing for us as our QB.

I personally don't see it that way, but I understand that point of view.

The recent epiphany by Mangini earlier in the year on his concealed injury seemed rational to me, Favre's "f-ck year!" reaction after the massive New England win looked very enthusiastic to me as well.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I personally don't see it that way, but I understand that point of view.

The recent epiphany by Mangini earlier in the year on his concealed injury seemed rational to me, Favre's "f-ck year!" reaction after the massive New England win looked very enthusiastic to me as well.

SAR I

he had a few good games, brought some excitement but never really wanted to be here.  once the weather turned cold he checked out.  I am bitter about Favre, he sabotaged what could have been a SB season.

9 hours ago, nyjunc said:

he had a few good games, brought some excitement but never really wanted to be here.  once the weather turned cold he checked out.  I am bitter about Favre, he sabotaged what could have been a SB season.

Why would weather turning cold cause the former long term career outdoor GreenBay Wisconsin QB to check out? That doesn't make sense

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

Please clarify your issue with my thesis so I can respond to it.  I am not trying to avoid your point, it just isn't clear.

Yeah, you'll have that.

Where you're wrong is that the dropoff in Fitzpatrick's play hasn't been close to 10%. It has been huge. Last year he was what his recent history would have suggested he'd be, a roughly average quarterback whose acquisition for a song along with an easy schedule helped propel us to ten wins. This year is in the crapper because of a huge decline in his play along with the much tougher schedule.

We don't know what the entire story is on this. On the surface it sounds bad. Some of you made a big deal about Geno being late for a team meeting a few years ago, remember the movie incident. And most of us don't know how teams generally operate behind the scenes. What is acceptable bad behavior and what is unacceptable. So I think we'll have to defer to Todd on this one and hope he's managing the locker room. Bowles has been around NFL teams for many years now as a player and as a coach. So he kind of knows what is supposed to go on. I'm sure this is the kind of stuff he consults with people in the league he respects like Arians as to how to deal with it. But Bowles has been in a number of orgs and coached with guys like Bruce and Parcells. 

10 hours ago, ljr said:

Why would weather turning cold cause the former long term career outdoor GreenBay Wisconsin QB to check out? That doesn't make sense

go back and watch the games at the end of his career, as he got older he hated the cold.  once it turned cold in 2008 he checked out.

10 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Yeah, you'll have that.

Where you're wrong is that the dropoff in Fitzpatrick's play hasn't been close to 10%. It has been huge. Last year he was what his recent history would have suggested he'd be, a roughly average quarterback whose acquisition for a song along with an easy schedule helped propel us to ten wins. This year is in the crapper because of a huge decline in his play along with the much tougher schedule.

This is true for sure, the Jets still should have at least 2 more wins if not for epic fails by other parts the team. 

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

go back and watch the games at the end of his career, as he got older he hated the cold.  once it turned cold in 2008 he checked out.

or once he tore his throwing arm and was walking on one leg.  Were you a fan that year when we took out the undefeated titans?

14 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

or once he tore his throwing arm and was walking on one leg.  Were you a fan that year when we took out the undefeated titans?

oh now he was on one leg too?:lol:

he supposedly got hurt in october, had his best(only good) stretch of football in November then tanked in December.  I love the injury excuses for the iron man.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

oh now he was on one leg too?:lol:

he supposedly got hurt in october, had his best(only good) stretch of football in November then tanked in December.  I love the injury excuses for the iron man.

Welp, i know what i saw as far as him trying to climb 3 steps to get up to the podium after a game that year.  I also know that the jets were fined for not disclosing his throwing arm injury.  

But you just go ahead and keep telling yourself that a guy that played most of his hall of fame career at a stadium nick named the frozen tundra was put off by the cold. Color me not surprised.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Our resident brainiac who thinks Favre sucked and Sanchez was great and thinks rex is great for getting us to two afc title games but dismisses Tom coughlin even though he won two super bowls.

Same ole same ole.

I found some gruesome pics of favres ankle that year but i cant copy/paste them.

1 minute ago, whodeawhodat said:

Welp, i know what i saw as far as him trying to climb 3 steps to get up to the podium after a game that year.  I also know that the jets were fined for not disclosing his throwing arm injury.  

But you just go ahead and keep telling yourself that a guy that played most of his hall of fame career at a stadium nick named the frozen tundra was put off by the cold. Color me not surprised.

did he play? he was the iron man, no excuses.  players are banged up and can barely walk after games all the time.  stop with the silly excuses.  

again, LATE in his career he didn't like to play in the cold.  you could see it on his face and in his play whether the  '07 title game or dec w/ us.  He never wanted to be here in the first place, once things started going south he checked out for good.

1 minute ago, whodeawhodat said:

I found some gruesome pics of favres ankle that year but i cant copy/paste them.

that was 2009 when he sent out those pics as an excuse for why he failed in the NFC title game.  it did look bad but he played, you don't get the injury excuse.  

Just now, nyjunc said:

did he play? he was the iron man, no excuses.  players are banged up and can barely walk after games all the time.  stop with the silly excuses.  

again, LATE in his career he didn't like to play in the cold.  you could see it on his face and in his play whether the  '07 title game or dec w/ us.  He never wanted to be here in the first place, once things started going south he checked out for good.

silly excuses? dude loved to play, no one questions that besides you.

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Our resident brainiac who thinks Favre sucked and Sanchez was great and thinks rex is great for getting us to two afc title games but dismisses Tom coughlin even though he won two super bowls.

Same ole same ole.

I love people who can't read.

Show me where I said Sanchez was great?

I “dismissed” Tom Coughlin?  I said he wasn’t a HOFer, still a very good coach.  You guys just make up what you want to make up b/c you have nothing to actually counter the arguments.

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

the Jets still should have at least 2 more wins if not for epic fails by other parts the team. 

I would estimate the cumulative effect of the other stuff, primarily the collapse of the pass defense, to be a loss of about a game across the half season or so played to date. The vast majority of the fluctuation in outcomes from 2014 to 2015 to 2016 is due to quarterback play, variance, and schedule.

On November 10, 2016 at 10:36 AM, HighPitch said:

Missed meetings equals bad leadership

Stop spinning it.  Even the guy that makes 50k and misses meetings gets spoken to or fired.  

If I missed multiple meetings at my job on purpose I'd get fired.  Mo gets $90 mil

Archived