I will be selling my pats tickets yep I am going to be that guy

kmnj

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Oh, so season ticket holders support levels and cheering enthusiasm only matter when the Jets are winning.

I get it now.  You are a frontrunner.

SAR I

No not at all but of the fire is hot you dont touch it. 

Who in the right mind wants to schlep to the stadium and sit through that and pay $11 for beer certainly not me. 

Improve the product on the field and many might return until then its corporate stiffs and those locked into PSL's enjoy!

joewilly12

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Who in the right mind wants to schlep to the stadium and sit through that and pay $11 for beer certainly not me.

joewilly12

"You are not a good fan you are disloyal the guys who were in Shea Stadium boy they knew how to support the team I have been a season ticket holder for twenty years I went to every game in the Kotite years I never sold my seats my kids love the team I am a great fan..."

All it took was one special teams missed tackle to expose your fraud.  Love it.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

"You are not a good fan you are disloyal the guys who were in Shea Stadium boy they knew how to support the team I have been a season ticket holder for twenty years I went to every game in the Kotite years I never sold my seats my kids love the team I am a great fan..."

All it took was one special teams missed tackle to expose your fraud.  Love it.

SAR I

SAR I I too sat at every game until the end during the Kotite era it wasnt this bad. 

I never sold a ticket to any game. 

I never missed a game because of weather, win loss record or time of game. 

When you can say the same thing you wont be a fraud anymore. 

joewilly12

20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Woody Johnson needs to see the he needs to see that fans are fed up and trinkets and free pretzels arent going to pacify fans anymore most fans anyway. 

That's BS . Its as simple as this , when the team is competitive and playing well fans will show up. When the team is playing poorly fans will sell their tickets. Its not like in the past where fans went to games regardless. The escalated prices , the advent of fantasy sports and the social media now now now mentality has changed sports forever. It sucks for those of us who still go and feel like a road team but I still enjoy going to the games.

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

That's BS . Its as simple as this , when the team is competitive and playing well fans will show up. When the team is playing poorly fans will sell their tickets. Its not like in the past where fans went to games regardless. The escalated prices , the advent of fantasy sports and the social media now now now mentality has changed sports forever. It sucks for those of us who still go and feel like a road team but I still enjoy going to the games.

To each is own. 

Jet fans need to show up for each home game and ROOT for the Jets. Yes, pretty sure that's a Jets fan. If you want to throw a hissy fit at Week 10 during a rebuilding season and allow idiot Pat fans to embarrass us and our franchise well, that says a lot about you.

The biggest sham is that Giants Stadium could've have been expanded for 1/3 of the cost. Let's see, a hop, skip and a jump across the parking lot. They could've have used the old shell. How stupid in business, engineering, recycling and conservation do you have to be?  Then there's great ole American Dream Mall of America Fail.  That rusting eyesore is slated to open in 2018, but don't buy any bonds. 

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Jet fans need to show up for each home game and ROOT for the Jets. Yes, pretty sure that's a Jets fan. If you want to throw a hissy fit at Week 10 during a rebuilding season and allow idiot Pat fans to embarrass us and our franchise well, that says a lot about you.

No it doesn't you have no clue what you are saying. We all want the Jets to succeed and win every game. Fans show up every week and what do the Jets do they keep putting the same sh*t mess on the field and northing changes. Fans are frustrated and angry fans need to send a message to the organization.  This cannot continue its unacceptable at any lever of play. 

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

This right here is why I hate Jet fans. What are you 12?

This self righteous judgment of other fans is despicable!   This why your posts suck!!!!   To the OP:  I can certainly understand your reasons for selling your tickets. 

PSLs have made going to a game a explicitly mercenary matter for the franchise. Not judging, simply noticing. Cannot now say that fans are bad fans because they also act like mercenaries when the team sucks. Choice-stay home, watch another disaster on TV and count a pile of money, or go and be miserable without said pile of cash, coupled with the fun of driving home for 3+ hours. Not a very hard decision. 

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

This right here is why I hate Jet fans. What are you 12?

I have had season tickets since 1978 and I agree with you.  Becuase of fans like him I have to sit with road fans.  Then these "fans" whine why road fans are at MetLife.

11 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I have had season tickets since 1978 and I agree with you.  Becuase of fans like him I have to sit with road fans.  Then these "fans" whine why road fans are at MetLife.

SAR I is probably selling his Patriots game tickets is my bet. 

1 hour ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Why the personal attacks on SAR I?

He, at least has tickets, not a couch.

I absolutely hate it. But I won't blame other fans. Once PSL's were introduced it changed things. I never have and will never sell my tickets. Have only missed 3 games I believe since 1988, not gonna start missing now because of Ryan Fitzpatrick.

It is terrible though, so many opposing fans coming into the stadium. Really ruins the game day experience. Maybe in addition to the 10 game club, they can give something away to some people who swipe for all 8 regular season games and don't sell\transfer any of them.

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

I absolutely hate it. But I won't blame other fans. Once PSL's were introduced it changed things.

I'm not sure why we are blaming PSL's when all arenas face the same problem and most don't have PSL's.  The PSL process changed the stadium population, got rid of a lot of brokers artificially inflating prices and preventing people on the waitlist from getting season tickets.  If that's what you mean, yes, there was an impact.  PSL's put more tickets in the hands of real fans and not companies looking to make a buck scalping.

The reason so many fans can infiltrate a stadium these days is due to StubHub which really took off right at the same time our new stadium was launching and the Jets made it easy to convert gameday tickts to a PDF.  And that goes for the Knicks, Rangers, Yankees, any stadium in NY and the rest of the country.

It's not a PSL thing.  It's a Stubhub thing.  Digital ticket transfer, Stubhub, and the explosion of the iPhone is what's allowing fans to attend any game they want at a fair price.

SAR I

13 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

No fans in the stadium whine about anything.  Cheering volume, showing up late, leaving early, enemy fans, these are not topics that have ever come up in conversation in the sections of Giants Stadium or MetLife Stadium that I've sat in since 2001, approximately 100 games or so.

The whining comes from ex-season ticket holders who have a grudge against Woody Johnson and PSL owners who they feel unfairly displaced them in the stadium, and all that whining takes place in discussion forums, nowhere else.

SAR I

38 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm not sure why we are blaming PSL's when all arenas face the same problem and most don't have PSL's.  The PSL process changed the stadium population, got rid of a lot of brokers artificially inflating prices and preventing people on the waitlist from getting season tickets.  If that's what you mean, yes, there was an impact.  PSL's put more tickets in the hands of real fans and not companies looking to make a buck scalping.

The reason so many fans can infiltrate a stadium these days is due to StubHub which really took off right at the same time our new stadium was launching and the Jets made it easy to convert gameday tickts to a PDF.  And that goes for the Knicks, Rangers, Yankees, any stadium in NY and the rest of the country.

It's not a PSL thing.  It's a Stubhub thing.  Digital ticket transfer, Stubhub, and the explosion of the iPhone is what's allowing fans to attend any game they want at a fair price.

SAR I

I never said this was a problem that only the Jets face.

The cost of PSLs and the cost of tickets together has a lot of fans thinking about selling. The Jets had people writing articles about "investments". It changed the mindset for a lot of people.

The PSLs are unfortunate and that contributes to the transient nature of game day "fans" as many of the lifelong blue-collar fans from Shea were priced out.  The schedule this year also does not help.  3 of first 9 games are at home when weather is warmer and optimism is higher.  Of the final 5 games 3 are at night in late November and December.  Even the Pats game which I never miss is on the Sunday night after a 4 day Thanksgiving break which is a tough pull coming from Long Island.  In a nutshell this whole season just plain sucks.

31 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

The PSLs are unfortunate and that contributes to the transient nature of game day "fans" as many of the lifelong blue-collar fans from Shea were priced out.  The schedule this year also does not help.  3 of first 9 games are at home when weather is warmer and optimism is higher.  Of the final 5 games 3 are at night in late November and December.  Even the Pats game which I never miss is on the Sunday night after a 4 day Thanksgiving break which is a tough pull coming from Long Island.  In a nutshell this whole season just plain sucks.

Those older fans who were priced out were replaced by fans just as loyal, just as passionate, but we are younger and have other priorities-  like kids, varsity hockey games, soccer tournaments, etc.

Last year when we were 10-6 MetLife was packed, the cheering louder than ever heard at Shea Stadium or Giants Stadium, it was awesome.  The 4-12 year before, was awful.  This 6-10 looking year, going to be awful.

It's not about PSL's or money or old fans or young fans.  We're New Yorkers.  We don't like losing and we don't like inconvenience.  If we were in Buffalo, a Bills game is the big event of the week, they could be 0-16 and still pack the house.  Here we have better things to do.  We also have a much larger audience to take our tickets off our hands if we want to get a little money back.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Those older fans who were priced out were replaced by fans just as loyal, just as passionate, but we are younger and have other priorities-  like kids, varsity hockey games, soccer tournaments, etc.

Last year when we were 10-6 MetLife was packed, the cheering louder than ever heard at Shea Stadium or Giants Stadium, it was awesome.  The 4-12 year before, was awful.  This 6-10 looking year, going to be awful.

It's not about PSL's or money or old fans or young fans.  We're New Yorkers.  We don't like losing and we don't like inconvenience.  If we were in Buffalo, a Bills game is the big event of the week, they could be 0-16 and still pack the house.  Here we have better things to do.  We also have a much larger audience to take our tickets off our hands if we want to get a little money back.

SAR I

I strongly disagree with the louder than Giants Stadium comment. That stadium was tiered so that each deck sat on top of each other , the sound was trapped and led to a much louder environment. The new stadium is fanned out so there's less overlap of the decks. Sound escapes the new stadium much easier.

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I strongly disagree with the louder than Giants Stadium comment. That stadium was tiered so that each deck sat on top of each other , the sound was trapped and led to a much louder environment. The new stadium is fanned out so there's less overlap of the decks. Sound escapes the new stadium much easier.

To my ears, it sounded louder.

Remember, you have thousands more fans in the building and thousands more younger fans with more energy than in the old place.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

The view from the UD was much better as well the UD crowd isn't getting a deal by not having PSL's they are getting what they pay for. 

Archived