I Like Rex More..

NYPaperAirplanes

For some reason, Jets fans have this extreme hatred for a coach where the team made deep playoff runs under him. Despite how you feel, I'm very positive the players wanted to play for him.   

Because he was a defensive-minded coach, I don't think the defense would of been this bad. He struggled developing the offense, but Bowles is stuck on stupid so there is not much of a difference here. Rex bought energy to the team. I know it's a sin to like him, but I miss him.

BTW, it wasn't all Rex's fault the team went to crap. Whoever decided to take away Braylon and Cotchery from Sanchez was dumb. And we had Marty Morniwatchamacallit.

I do not miss Rex Ryan at all. He can coach defense about as good as anyone. But...he never learned to become a true head coach in 6 years here and even now in Buffalo.

But just as damning as his clock management issues, lack of discipline etc was his inability to recognize talent. He cannot evaluate talent, something I think Bowles can do.

He's a decent head coach, all things taken into account.  Have you seen how many bad head coaches there are in this league?  There are like 6 or 7 good coaches, and a few decent ones (maybe 3 or 4 of which he is one), and thats pretty much it.  

2 hours ago, NYPaperAirplanes said:

For some reason, Jets fans have this extreme hatred for a coach where the team made deep playoff runs under him. Despite how you feel, I'm very positive the players wanted to play for him.   

Because he was a defensive-minded coach, I don't think the defense would of been this bad. He struggled developing the offense, but Bowles is stuck on stupid so there is not much of a difference here. Rex bought energy to the team. I know it's a sin to like him, but I miss him.

BTW, it wasn't all Rex's fault the team went to crap. Whoever decided to take away Braylon and Cotchery from Sanchez was dumb. And we had Marty Morniwatchamacallit.

Veterans carried Rex his first two years. He's a sh*t coach. Just because Bowles is a bum doesn't mean you go running back to your ex. This tendency of Jets fans to always want to go back to the last familiar face is sad... and speaks volumes about the abusive relationship we're in with this team.

Just now, C Mart said:

LOL. 12 months ago 90% here were praising Bowles and trashing Rex. 

This place is hilarious. 

12 months ago we only saw small glimpses of Bowles. We gave him the benefit of the doubt but his moves are certainly puzzling.

Forget the  FITZ is our QB position.  HE continually makes poor game day calls from clock management to field position.

The team is undisciplined......  oh and we are fans. ?

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Rex did a great job here.  we'd kill for every head coach to make 2 deep playoff runs.

But Rex was flawed and will run out his welcome at every stop he will make.  Just like his dad. 

He missed the playoffs 4 years in a row. Why do Rex supporters continually, knowingly ignore this? 

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

This place is hilarious. 

Yeah,  that's what happens when you turn a good team into a laughing stock . Welcome to life in the NFL.

That's why he's a moron for sticking with fitz. fans would have more patience if they were developing a qb. 

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

This place is hilarious. 

Bowles was a horrible coach last year.  We all gave him a pass because we won 10 games.  

Bowles is juat as horrible this year but without the wins to hide behind.  So its open season.

Rex is a bad head coach.  Sadly, Bowles is worse

2 hours ago, NYPaperAirplanes said:

Rex did have a say in drafting and personnel. Basically Rex sucked too.

15 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah,  that's what happens when you turn a good team into a laughing stock . Welcome to life in the NFL.

That's why he's a moron for sticking with fitz. fans would have more patience if they were developing a qb. 

So what has changed from last year to this year to turn a good team into a laughing stock? 

What's the biggest difference this year? The QB play has sucked.  Last year the QB play was the best since Favre.  

Now let's take a look at some other developments   

Mo went from playing for a big paycheck to getting his his big payday.  

Fitz missed all of OTAs. 

Fitz has reverted back to journeyman he is  

Revis took his time to have surgery and got fat, as did fatso Mo.  

Sheldon is still dumb as ever.  

D'brick retired. They decided to move on from old man Pace who, reportedly was well respected by all.  

Mangold is declining, always banged up.  

Has Bowles made mistakes?  Absolutely!! And is on notice next season.  

HCs / coaches primarily live and coach in the moment. GMs handle current and future plans. So once the Jets are out of it, officially out of it, we will see Petty, maybe Hack.  We all can say they have no chance and for us to say that we'll be right. Coaches don't think that.  Hell anyone that has ever played sports thinks they are going to win every game before the game starts. 

You want to replace Bowles go right ahead.  Who replaces him and we will then have to start all over again with new systems and most likely go through new HC growing pains, based on Woody's track record of only hiring 1st time HCs  

As for developing a QB.  Maybe they are trying to develop a QB. Their way. Not the media or fans way.

48 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Because no other head coach in our franchise took us to two afc championship games. 

Why do rex haters continually, knowingly ignore this? 

Big friggin deal. So a below .500 career record gets lifetime tenure for just getting to the AFCCG? His last 4 yrs the Jets went 26-38 w/o 1 above .500 season. 

2 hours ago, PS17 said:

Jets fans have battered woman syndrome. Rex Ryan is a below average coach and I do not miss him at all.

jets fans want to start the 3rd string QB, trade for a backup QB and bring back the coach who blew it in the last 5 minutes of the game over and over, lol

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Lmfao, you mean like the two young ones were developing now?  

Everyone just wants these young guys to start because they have ZERO patience, development be damned. First the narrative was we rushed Sanchez and Geno and now it's were ruining the others by sitting them.  We're not talking about Luck/Winston/Mariota NFL ready guys they were two low risk/high reward prospects with high upside that NEEDED to sit and develop.  The idiots on here who just want Fitzf*ckface to be benched have NO CLUE as to whether or not either guy is ready.  They just want change for the sake of change and will blame everyone else if they don't get their wish granted.  Our fanbase couldn't be any f*cking dumber if they tried.  All of you screaming for the head coach and GM to be fired after one great year and one mediocre-bad year deserve every bit of torture this team brings you.

To stay on topic, no, I don't miss Rex.  F*ck Rex.

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Because no other head coach in our franchise took us to two afc championship games. 

Why do rex haters continually, knowingly ignore this? 

So should Joe Torre have been given a lifetime deal by the Yankees I guess? He accomplished more in 6 years than Rex has in an entire career, yet he still got sh*t-canned when the results just weren't there. Too many on here go by their hearts and not their heads,

53 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Lmfao, you mean like the two young ones were developing now?  

Everyone just wants these young guys to start because they have ZERO patience, development be damned. First the narrative was we rushed Sanchez and Geno and now it's were ruining the others by sitting them.  We're not talking about Luck/Winston/Mariota NFL ready guys they were two low risk/high reward prospects with high upside that NEEDED to sit and develop.  The idiots on here who just want Fitzf*ckface to be benched have NO CLUE as to whether or not either guy is ready.  They just want change for the sake of change and will blame everyone else if they don't get their wish granted.  Our fanbase couldn't be any f*cking dumber if they tried.  All of you screaming for the head coach and GM to be fired after one great year and one mediocre-bad year deserve every bit of torture this team brings you.

To stay on topic, no, I don't miss Rex.  F*ck Rex.

Well said. 

Archived