Decker's Insulting Comments

David Harris

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Precisely, so give a player an opportunity to perform. Lord knows Fitz hasn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no

the jets gave hack a chance to beat petty out for the back up job, they are not sold on petty. I have yet to see him take a snap from center

For me, it's a process," Petty told Darryl Slater of NJ.com at a David Harris charity event. "Just watching film, I'm seeing things. I played Madden the other day, and it's not just picking run plays anymore. It's like, 'Oh, they've got an under front (on defense).' You start picking up things differently. That's exciting for me."

maybe, just maybe, the kid is not ready?

this is real life for the owner, GM, coaches and players, not a hobby

putting the 3rd string QB in at this point is a white flag of ineptitude, its admitting you are clueless and have given up on winning and believe it or not they probably don't want to do that

I would love nothing more than for petty to be the story of the year and to beat brady twice and become our franchise QB

killing decker for saying lets not give up on the season is silly

25 minutes ago, Larz said:

no

the jets gave hack a chance to beat petty out for the back up job, they are not sold on petty. I have yet to see him take a snap from center

For me, it's a process," Petty told Darryl Slater of NJ.com at a David Harris charity event. "Just watching film, I'm seeing things. I played Madden the other day, and it's not just picking run plays anymore. It's like, 'Oh, they've got an under front (on defense).' You start picking up things differently. That's exciting for me."

maybe, just maybe, the kid is not ready?

this is real life for the owner, GM, coaches and players, not a hobby

putting the 3rd string QB in at this point is a white flag of ineptitude, its admitting you are clueless and have given up on winning and believe it or not they probably don't want to do that

I would love nothing more than for petty to be the story of the year and to beat brady twice and become our franchise QB

killing decker for saying lets not give up on the season is silly

Two weeks ago:

“Today I was talking to Gilly,” Petty said, referring to safety Marcus Gilchrist, “and found out there’s a difference between two-man and quarters-man coverage. I had never heard of quarters-man before.”

3al6gu9E_normal.jpg NYT Sports (@NYTSports)
Bryce Petty may still be a work in progress as a QB, but he has mastered the art of patience nyti.ms/2eulamz pic.twitter.com/KPWuh7rxPi

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

He's dumb. Worst QB in NFL being benched for anyone who might do better actually suggests the want to stop losing. If this locker room really believes benching Fitz = forfeit, then they can all kick rocks. 

Bowles has to be dumped for giving away his control of the team, and for allowing this narrative/mindset to set in.

awful.

Exactly. If your team is 3-6, and your starting QB is statistically the worst starting QB in the league, how is replacing him throwing in the towel? 

7 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I agree!!!!!!!!!!

Then why are these guys on the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not every young quarterback is NFL-ready in his first or second year.

Impatience wins the Internet.  Patience wins Super Bowls.

SAR I

The only people who disagree with what Eric said have never played an organized sport at a competitive level.  Contrary to popular belief around here, pro athletes who are worth their salt have the same mentality as Decker. There isn't a player on that team that wants to "forfeit" the season right now by turning to Petty...as much as I want them to.  
Decker, as much as we may not like it, is probably right.

How can't any of the players on this team, who have watched Ryan Fitzpatrick literally throw multiple games away, argue against playing petty. Fitz has been just awful, playing some of the worst quarterback play we have seen in years, if guys don't "want to go to work" then they should be shown the door at the end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

10 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmm let's assume Decker and you are correct what happens if Fitz hurts his foot during practice.  Are the players supposed to say "the season is over" or "next man up and we have faith in Petty"? :)

Next man up. That's the mentality people I played with had at least.  Injury is a much different situation (although it could be really relevant to this weekend's game).  There isn't really a choice like the one Decker is talking about.

8 hours ago, C Mart said:

Two weeks ago:

“Today I was talking to Gilly,” Petty said, referring to safety Marcus Gilchrist, “and found out there’s a difference between two-man and quarters-man coverage. I had never heard of quarters-man before.”

3al6gu9E_normal.jpg NYT Sports (@NYTSports)
Bryce Petty may still be a work in progress as a QB, but he has mastered the art of patience nyti.ms/2eulamz pic.twitter.com/KPWuh7rxPi

Lol holy sh*t

14 hours ago, Mogglez said:

The only people who disagree with what Eric said have never played an organized sport at a competitive level.  Contrary to popular belief around here, pro athletes who are worth their salt have the same mentality as Decker. There isn't a player on that team that wants to "forfeit" the season right now by turning to Petty...as much as I want them to.  

He's probably right in regards to how guys think but the statement itself is stupid. This is why you don't let three asshats (Marsh, Deck, Gold) parade around all summer with that stupidity, that was throwing shade on Geno so I'm not surprised he'd throw shade on another young QB on the team. 

It's not his damn place to present these comments. feeling some way, and voicing it....two different things. 

Yeah, totally unnecessary comments that show poor leadership skills. 

1. Petty is your teammate- you should support him (and your coaches decision) as much as you support Fitz. 

2. Fitz is playing god awful. It's not like he's getting the shaft just b/c the Jets have a bad record. He's playing poorly/giving away games with inexplicable INTs and doesn't deserve to start. 

3. Playing Petty is not nec. throwing in the towel. He will come out looking to impress. The effort will be there. He may even give the Jets a much needed spark on offense. 

The underlying problem here stems back to "the inmates running the asylum" theory.  Whether you're Decker, Marshall or Robbie Anderson for that matter, when asked that question players should defer to coach with a canned answer like " I'm confident Coach Bowles will make the right decision to put the players out there that give us the best chance to win" It's not the player's job to decide who the starting QB is and it's beginning to look like all the concern from the vets like Mangold, Decker and Marshall politicking  in the offseason to bring Fitz back are coming true.  Sure, locker room dynamic matters but when players are backing their friends over what's best for the team you have a problem.  Bowles has 7 weeks to get this under control or he could seriously be out the door after this year.  Macc also needs to take a hard look at this roster in the offseason without getting caught up on big names.

6 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

The underlying problem here stems back to "the inmates running the asylum" theory.  Whether you're Decker, Marshall or Robbie Anderson for that matter, when asked that question players should defer to coach with a canned answer like " I'm confident Coach Bowles will make the right decision to put the players out there that give us the best chance to win" It's not the player's job to decide who the starting QB is and it's beginning to look like all the concern from the vets like Mangold, Decker and Marshall politicking  in the offseason to bring Fitz back are coming true.  Sure, locker room dynamic matters but when players are backing their friends over what's best for the team you have a problem.  Bowles has 7 weeks to get this under control or he could seriously be out the door after this year.  Macc also needs to take a hard look at this roster in the offseason without getting caught up on big names.

the underlying problem is this farce of the 'competitive rebuild'.  you're either pregnant or you're not.  either rebuild and develop the young guys or let all the vets play.  the 'competitive rebuild' fail is that most of the veterans suck or can be replaced.  fitz sucks.  harris sucks.  revis sucks.  decker is not needed anymore - he's still good but they have height and speed at wr now.  mangold is also not needed anymore - again he may still be good but the jets run game looked good vs. the phins and the problems on the line are the tackles not the interior.  brandon marshall is still good but should not be the focal point of an offense anymore.  the roster will look very different next season and there will be a new class of leaders, hopefully ones to supplant the likes of wilk, who clearly shouldn't lead, revis, who has always been about himself, and fitz, who could care less how he plays as long as he remains the starter and is unwilling to hold himself accountable.

7 minutes ago, stoicsentry said:

I can't fault Decker for this. The players are there to compete. The coaches and GM are supposed to be the "adults" in the room so to speak, the ones that make these tough decisions.

this is the same person who was lobbying for fitz in the offseason, going to ranger playoff games with him.  he's completely biased.

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

the underlying problem is this farce of the 'competitive rebuild'.  you're either pregnant or you're not.  either rebuild and develop the young guys or let all the vets play.  the 'competitive rebuild' fail is that most of the veterans suck or can be replaced.  fitz sucks.  harris sucks.  revis sucks.  decker is not needed anymore - he's still good but they have height and speed at wr now.  mangold is also not needed anymore - again he may still be good but the jets run game looked good vs. the phins and the problems on the line are the tackles not the interior.  brandon marshall is still good but should not be the focal point of an offense anymore.  the roster will look very different next season and there will be a new class of leaders, hopefully ones to supplant the likes of wilk, who clearly shouldn't lead, revis, who has always been about himself, and fitz, who could care less how he plays as long as he remains the starter and is unwilling to hold himself accountable.

You're not wrong but that's on our owner who's too concerned with selling tickets.  Not that a full rebuild always works but I do agree that a "competitive rebuild" is very hard to do just ask a team like the Redskins who go 7-9/8-8 every year.  I never believe with losing on purpose but I do think the main goal when Macc came in the door should've been to improve the talent and get younger to create a sustainable winner.  Instead it was: we need to be good coming off a 4-12 debacle while also rebuilding. 

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

this is the same person who was lobbying for fitz in the offseason, going to ranger playoff games with him.  he's completely biased.

I don't care. He's not here to evaluate talent. He's here to play and when he's been on the field, he's played well. The GM needs to be above such influence.

1 minute ago, drsamuel84 said:

You're not wrong but that's on our owner who's too concerned with selling tickets.  Not that a full rebuild always works but I do agree that a "competitive rebuild" is very hard to do just ask a team like the Redskins who go 7-9/8-8 every year.  I never believe with losing on purpose but I do think the main goal when Macc came in the door should've been to improve the talent and get younger to create a sustainable winner.  Instead it was: we need to be good coming off a 4-12 debacle while also rebuilding. 

nothing wrong with trying to win, but when you're 3-6 and vets are either injured (decker, mangold), sucking (fitz/revis/harris) or simply mailing it in (wilk), you should remove the 'competitive' and just go full rebuild.

the players on this team talk waaaaay too f'king much.  

Eric: STFU

Bowles has no control over this freak show.  It really is not all that different from the lack of control that Rex had.  Same o'l sh!t from this handicapped franchise... from the top down, no exceptions.

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

the players on this team talk waaaaay too f'king much.  

Eric: STFU

Bowles has no control over this freak show.  It really is not all that different from the lack of control that Rex had.  Same o'l sh!t from this handicapped franchise... from the top down, no exceptions.

Sorry, this team is nowhere near the talkers that Rexs team was

No shlt, players have friends and they pull for them.  Youre shocked?  Never have seen this?  Think it means anything to anyone other than a handful of fans who view the game differently from players?

He said nothing wrong, nothing insulting, nothing that indicates anything other than he has a friend and an opinion

18 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah except Fitz suck horse **** and needs to be benched. That's the definition of being competitive. 

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No shlt, players have friends and they pull for them.  Youre shocked?  Never have seen this?  Think it means anything to anyone other than a handful of fans who view the game differently from players?

He said nothing wrong, nothing insulting, nothing that indicates anything other than he has a friend and an opinion

all the players who are lobbying for fitz will have an even more awkward transition next year when petty and hack are 1 and 2 on the depth chart and now they have to do a 180 and support them. 

all the players who are lobbying for fitz will have an even more awkward transition next year when petty and hack are 1 and 2 on the depth chart and now they have to do a 180 and support them. 

I don't think that will be an issue.  Fitz won't have the starting job to hold onto, if he's even on the roster.  

20 hours ago, David Harris said:

Injured Jets WR Eric Decker said it's not time for Bryce Petty, and he believes other players agree. "I don't think that's the right decision," he said. "That's why Coach is keeping Ryan (Fitzpatrick) in there and I would think a lot of guys feel the same way as well. ... You can't just throw the towel in and say, 'OK, all right, let's get ready for next year.' As a competitor, that's not how you think, that's not how you operate. Going to work each day with that kind of mentality, why even go to work?"

------------------------------

Loyal guys are usually good to have. Except when their loyalties throw shade at a young QB who will most likely start within the next couple of weeks. Petty's now been undermined. A locker room leader is making clear that it means you have given up on the season if Petty plays i.e. Bryce Petty sucks - like Decker's thinks he could end up with the worst QBR in the NFL if he became the starter....replacing some other QB that's currently has that distinction.

But "why even go to work" if Bryce Petty is your QB - funny statement from a guy who isn't working the rest of the season due to injury and is getting $8 million dollars to do one thing - shut your mouth and play football.

With a wife like Jessie I am surprised he can even speak with a mouth full of muff.

20 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

You see Eric, I see different. I believe we make the change TO WIN games. I haven't quit on the season, but Fitz leads the league in INT's and is missing key throws each game. I don't see how Fitz gives you the best shot to win with his play. Bryce Petty deserves the LA game, heck if he stinks it up, you can always go back to Fitz.

Have you considered that the players don't see it the same way you do?

That while you think Petty is better, they may not?

Just curious.

Archived