Decker's Insulting Comments

David Harris

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, C Mart said:

Two weeks ago:

“Today I was talking to Gilly,” Petty said, referring to safety Marcus Gilchrist, “and found out there’s a difference between two-man and quarters-man coverage. I had never heard of quarters-man before.”

3al6gu9E_normal.jpg NYT Sports (@NYTSports)
Bryce Petty may still be a work in progress as a QB, but he has mastered the art of patience nyti.ms/2eulamz pic.twitter.com/KPWuh7rxPi

This is disheartening....

6 hours ago, j4jets said:

Yeah except Fitz suck horse **** and needs to be benched. That's the definition of being competitive. 

Right, and the back up just learned what a certain coverage is two weeks ago that he should have learned in pee wee football so how exactly do think that is gonna go?

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Right, and the back up just learned what a certain coverage is two weeks ago that he should have learned in pee wee football so how exactly do think that is gonna go?

Well, for starters, he can't be worse than the worst. 

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

So What is fitz excuse ? That he knows all the coverages but still elects to throw a perfect pass to a guy wearing the other uniform? 

On 11/9/2016 at 1:54 AM, SAR I said:

Not every young quarterback is NFL-ready in his first or second year.

Impatience wins the Internet.  Patience wins Super Bowls.

SAR I

Exactly. Favre had his worst season of his career during Aaron Rodgers second or third season I believe. Favre got benched during a game at some point and Rodgers was astronomically worse, looked completely lost out there. Everyone said the same things, "oh he either has it or he doesnt. He's had enough time to learn..." 

Only to find out a year or two later that the bust that looked lost became an mvp quarterback. Some things, most great things take time. This isn't microwave dinner here.

4 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

As someone who has caught passes from both guys and has been in that locker room he's probably better qualified that most to have an opinion on whether starting Petty signals you're "throwing in the towel." Fans are frustrated but I can't hold that mentality against the players.

Except it is not about that. Decker is uninterested in rookies because they are traditionally bad and he thinks Fitz might have a chance. It is vintage veteran group think.

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Exactly. Favre had his worst season of his career during Aaron Rodgers second or third season I believe. Favre got benched during a game at some point and Rodgers was astronomically worse, looked completely lost out there. Everyone said the same things, "oh he either has it or he doesnt. He's had enough time to learn..." 

Only to find out a year or two later that the bust that looked lost became an mvp quarterback. Some things, most great things take time. This isn't microwave dinner here.

Great post, terrific example.

SAR I

Archived