Does anyone still give a crap?

Joe Jets fan

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

To each their own.  I enjoy watching....prefer we were better, but still.

No criticism of others' ability to hang in there, but don't you agree that the overall game has somehow lost some of its lustre? It feels like watching a boxing match where the boxers are wearing pillows on their fists, bicycle helmets, and body armor. It's the same motions, but somehow lacking in danger. When you make a sport like football too safe and too regulated, punctuated by innumerable commercials, it's just less and less watchable.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

No criticism of others' ability to hang in there, but don't you agree that the overall game has somehow lost some of its lustre? It feels like watching a boxing match where the boxers are wearing pillows on their fists, bicycle helmets, and body armor. It's the same motions, but somehow lacking in danger. When you make a sport like football too safe and too regulated, punctuated by innumerable commercials, it's just less and less watchable.

My feelings exactly. Why Im never interested in other games except Jet games. But how the game was played before was killing people and even still is now with all the rules 

14 hours ago, drdetroit said:

I'd be skipping tommorow's game completely but I have Enunwa in fantasy

I came up w/ a theory that I don't think I've heard elsewhere on a contributing factor (not the primary reason but a contributing factor) as to why ratings are down.  I'm not sure even I believe this theory btw but I think it's interesting enough to throw out there.

We all know fantasy football became a big part of the NFL. So much so that the NFL posts stats (in addition to out of town scores) on the bottom of the screen.  But the rules changes changed fantasy football to the point where it's getting a lot more difficult to pick a good team.  There's so much RB by committee these days and QBs put up insane stats.  Plus late season there are always players popping up that affect fantasy post-season outcomes.  Sometimes the fantasy superbowl will be affected by a player picked up that week.  In short, fantasy is losing appeal because it has become far more of a crapshoot.  And with fantasy football being less fun, it is helping to drag down ratings.

(again I'm not saying this is the "primary reason".  Just a potential contributing factor)

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Im here and still hoping how about you. 

I just came back from Met Life Dump  and that was not an NFL GAME I was watching. It was like a pee wee football scrimmage.

3-13    2nd pick of the draft ------MAYBE ------PLEASE

Just End The Season

2 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

I am F'n sick of this. I don't know what is going on inside the locker room but something is very wrong in there.

Here are a couple of suggestions

Get back in the damn gym

Stay out of the strip clubs

Lay off the weed.

Bunch of F'n gutless, entitled pu$$ies

Getting U-G-L-Y 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No personal attacks cowboy.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No personal attacks cowboy.

that wasn't personal, it was in jest.  I don't agree with much of what you post, but I don't have you on ignore either . I have many on this board on ignore thou . You maybe a mule head, but you have passion, and I can't fault that to much

7 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

that wasn't personal, it was in jest.  I don't agree with much of what you post, but I don't have you on ignore either . I have many on this board on ignore thou . You maybe a mule head, but you have passion, and I can't fault that to much

That I do have I'm just a crotchety old tired Jets fan.... 

Archived