Kellen Davis Released!

CrazyCarl40

14 hours ago, The Crusher said:

If nothing else at least the kid wants to still play. 

That is true. I think it is pretty obvious that Revis is not having fun playing anymore. The guy will always be a Jets great but if he isn't having fun anymore he should just retire it would help the team out alot.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I hate the Pats with all my heart but you & I know that Bill Belichick and Ernie Adams are like football scientists. So while the Pats turned to TEs when they drafted Hernandez & Gronk, the Jets should have been paying attention. 

Then they trade for Bennett and their almost unstoppable. If Belichick believes TEs are important then god dammit they must be important! We can't even run when we're in the redzone. Right now the Jets are a Frankenstein team, not even close to a finished product. Be interesting to see how Macc proceeds to try to create a finished product on O.

The Pats were looking for TEs for like a decade. Then they rolled the dice on two risky options; Gronk had a history of injuries, while Hernandez had a history of behavior issues. We know what happened with H. Gronk has been special, but has missed a ton of playing time. Had Macc drafted two TEs - one with behavior issues and the other with injury issues - this board would have gone crazy. Then, when one TE went down for the season and the other went to jail - there would be planes and blimps flying over the stadium.

The point is that Jets fans are only interested in taking risks up until the risks turn out bad. If you roll the dice, you have to take your chances. Of course, how good these TEs would be on a team without a QB is another story. Macc is building slow and steady. If we get a quality QB (not even Franchise), we will see how good the offense can be. Our TEs stink but our WRs are pretty good. And, of course, winning cures all issues.

45 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

That is true. I think it is pretty obvious that Revis is not having fun playing anymore. The guy will always be a Jets great but if he isn't having fun anymore he should just retire it would help the team out alot.

He should but won't because it was never about team or the game. It was always about his legacy and money. 

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He was a beast remember that game agains the Eagles might as well bring back RB Johny Johnson too! 

Only thing missing for Mitchell was a brain.  Had the potential to be Gronk way back then. Instead, was a lazy bum.

And I would take Johnny Hector back in a second.

55 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

The Pats were looking for TEs for like a decade. Then they rolled the dice on two risky options; Gronk had a history of injuries, while Hernandez had a history of behavior issues. We know what happened with H. Gronk has been special, but has missed a ton of playing time. Had Macc drafted two TEs - one with behavior issues and the other with injury issues - this board would have gone crazy. Then, when one TE went down for the season and the other went to jail - there would be planes and blimps flying over the stadium.

The point is that Jets fans are only interested in taking risks up until the risks turn out bad. If you roll the dice, you have to take your chances. Of course, how good these TEs would be on a team without a QB is another story. Macc is building slow and steady. If we get a quality QB (not even Franchise), we will see how good the offense can be. Our TEs stink but our WRs are pretty good. And, of course, winning cures all issues.

Anyone following how Jace Amaro has done since he left?  (I think I remember he had one good game but hadn't heard anything about him since)

Archived