Think there is any truth to this ?

FTL Jet Fan

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 

What atmosphere did #Jets coach Todd Bowles inherit? Before he arrived, players would go to bars/strip clubs before games, after bed check.

Has anyone heard about this? If this has already been posted my apologies, but this was tweeted out about 40 minutes ago.  Nothing surprises me anymore with this team. I am guilty of doing this kind of sh*t when I was young and in the military but I wasn't making millions. Don't know if there is any truth to it, but if true Bowles and Mac have there work cut out for them and need to square things away.

11 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 

What atmosphere did #Jets coach Todd Bowles inherit? Before he arrived, players would go to bars/strip clubs before games, after bed check.

Has anyone heard about this? If this has already been posted my apologies, but this was tweeted out about 40 minutes ago.  Nothing surprises me anymore with this team. I am guilty of doing this kind of sh*t when I was young and in the military but I wasn't making millions. Don't know if there is any truth to it, but if true Bowles and Mac better un-screw themselves.

Before he arrived. What exactly is your point?

This why you remove lame duck coaching staffs before the year starts or mid-year at the latest, I know Woody was trying to save a few bucks having the staff work out the last year(s) of their contracts but Rex had his office cleaned out with two games to go, not surprised they let the culture go to sh*te before they left

Just now, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

This why you remove lame duck coaching staffs before the year starts or mid-year at worst, I know Woody was trying to save a few bucks getting Rex to work out the last year of his contract but he had his office cleaned out with two games to go

Not surprised they let the culture go to sh*te before they left

Rex was probably with them in the strip clubs. 

47 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Just weird that he would tweet this out now, is there a rat in the house? Someone making excuses? 

if bowles leaked this, it just makes him look weaker for not rooting it out week 1

NFLN is doing a segment on "Jets disciplinary issues" today, the blood is in the water

1 hour ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 

Has anyone heard about this? If this has already been posted my apologies, but this was tweeted out about 40 minutes ago.  Nothing surprises me anymore with this team. I am guilty of doing this kind of sh*t when I was young and in the military but I wasn't making millions. Don't know if there is any truth to it, but if true Bowles and Mac have there work cut out for them and need to square things away.

This is why the whole other thread about Rex vs Bowles was preposterous and one I refused to comment on. 

Bowles may prove to be an incompetent boob at the end of the day but no way does that mean that Rex shouldn't have gone or that he was Lombardi while he was here, despite what the few nut jobs who love Rex no matter what think. 

And the idea that Bowles leaked this when he won't leak his own name is preposterous on its face so stop saying stupid stuff!!

1 hour ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 

Not unlike the military, who gives a sh*t as long as you make first call and perform?

On a side note, I'd consider cutting any professional athlete for going to a t*tty bar. I mean, if you are making in excess of half a million a year (at least) and are in the global 1% of physical conditioning, if you are too stupid to be able to get laid or see t*ts for free with even the most minimal of raps, then perhaps I need a smarter player. :-)

Just now, FTL Jet Fan said:

Actually your right. I always seemed to have a better outing at the range or on certain ops when I was hungover. 

Also prior service here. Everything was ok, as long as guys made first call, which means on time, not straggling in. (implied). Morning PT would consist of guys blowing the foulest beer farts and sliding out of formation to quickly blow chunks and then get right back in, sounding off with the cadence as if nothing happened. Good times. 

11 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Also prior service here. Everything was ok, as long as guys made first call, which means on time, not straggling in. (implied). Morning PT would consist of guys blowing the foulest beer farts and sliding out of formation to quickly blow chunks and then get right back in, sounding off with the cadence as if nothing happened. Good times. 

Thanks for your service brother. It's funny that's exactly how early morning PT was. The difference was we weren't getting paid sh*t and we worked 24/7 and would never be able to get away with the sh*t some of these guys in the NFL pull. 

49 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

AHHHhhh, memories....

2 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Just weird that he would tweet this out now, is there a rat in the house? Someone making excuses? 

My thoughts exactly. 

And if the Mo stuff was serious then it should have been written in the contract.  I have to say if $80 mil was on the table and they asked me if I would behave I would say YES!

Archived