Petty was bad

kevinc855

Not going to judge Petty off his first start, he played a mediocre game but wasn't helped by terrible play calling and poor protection.

The people ripping into him need to calm down, it was his first start against a good D, at least with time he can get better, Fitz can't.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Oh and by the way, Mariota once again looks ******* awesome. So kudos to all of you high horse nancies that lectured all of us on how two meaningless wins in December of 2014 were worth it.

What, a td on every 6 passes is good? Does that trump learning how to win, followed by two seasons of losing?

12 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Bryce Petty was atrocious. Ryan Fitzpatrick is better at attacking down the field.

It was only one game but Petty showed no will to be aggressive.

I can safely assume that the game plan didn't involve not getting Brandon Marshall the ball. Bryce Petty has to get his best players involved. He was to comfortable checking down to Powell all day.

LMAO. You are funny.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

LEO THE LION = BEST PLAYER IN THE DRAFT PAL. BIG MAC ATTACK COMIN AT YA

You know what's going to be even worse? When we are in position to draft Kizer or Watson, but we don't, because Hack, and then watch either or both go onto be awesome. You know that's going to happen. 

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Oh and by the way, Mariota once again looks ******* awesome. So kudos to all of you high horse nancies that lectured all of us on how two meaningless wins in December of 2014 were worth it.

Hey.

We got Bryce Petty tho.

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Just like 2007.  The better fans are our moral superiors, though, and things are going so well I'm sure it'll pay off someday. 

I expect us to beat Buffalo week 17 and have it cost us 4 draft slots. Again. 

Just now, BroadwayJoe12 said:

You know what's going to be even worse? When we are in position to draft Kizer or Watson, but we don't, because Hack, and then watch either or both go onto be awesome. You know that's going to happen. 

Completely disagree. What's going to happen is we are going to miss out on both because we're going to beat the Bills the last game of the year. We will knock them out of the playoffs while at the same time knocking ourselves down in draft position, allowing Rex to screw us even when we **** with him.

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Mariota has looked much better than I thought he would. 

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Just like 2007.  The better fans are our moral superiors, though, and things are going so well I'm sure it'll pay off someday. 

I expect us to beat Buffalo week 17 and have it cost us 4 draft slots. Again. 

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Completely disagree. What's going to happen is we are going to miss out on both because we're going to beat the Bills the last game of the year. We will knock them out of the playoffs while at the same time knocking ourselves down in draft position, allowing Rex to screw us even when we **** with him.

^ ha!

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

If we're going to pick up one meaningless win this season it might as well be that one. Cuz **** you semi-fat rex.

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Oooh that one would sting too. I'm not sure, I think passing on them because of Hack would be more Jetsy, just because it's more pathetic. If there's a way for Rex to f*ck us and still shoot ourselves in the foot, that's what is going to happen. 

Meanwhile, the f*cking cowboys fall ass-backwards into Dak Prescott. 

1 minute ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Oooh that one would sting too. I'm not sure, I think passing on them because of Hack would be more Jetsy, just because it's more pathetic. If there's a way for Rex to f*ck us and still shoot ourselves in the foot, that's what is going to happen. 

Prescott will turn out to be a flash in the pan.  He's got the best OL in football ahead of him.

Just now, BroadwayJoe12 said:

We got Christian Hackenberg, though. He has all teh toolz. 

Just stick with petty the rest of the way 

I hate this team. I'm wasting my life giving them so much of my time and energy. I feel REALLY bad for those of you that own season tickets. You guys should cold-call woodys office demanding another continental breakfast.

4 minutes ago, TheMagicRat said:

Mariota has looked much better than I thought he would. 

Don't forget Mariota has started for the better part of 3 years. The was Petty's first game.

This is a bad team. Secondary is horrible, OL is horrible and the other units aren't much better with the exception of the D line.

It's going to be 3-4 years before this team is any good and that is if we hit on every draft pick, which is not likely.

Petty was not good.  He was about equal to Fitz and Geno, for what it's worth.

What struck me, personally, was how deeply spineless and fearful our Coaching staff is.  A pathetic gameplan and playcalling today.

I'd rather see an attempt to win that goes down in flames or is riddled with INT's than continually see this soft, weak, pathetic conservative gameplan.

Hey guys, lets try and win 3-0!

/facepalm.

Wasted opportunity, because frankly I don't think we got a fair read on Petty at all today.  We saw how he can play with a crappy RB as the "focus", ineffective all day long other than 2-3 carries.  We never got see see him play like an NFL QB has to play, because Bowles and Chan took away his bollocks before the game ever started.

The frustration is palpable at this point.  I'm quickly headed into the "Fire Bowles, Fire Chan, they lack the Stones to be NFL Head Coaches" crowd.

2 minutes ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

Don't forget Mariota has started for the better part of 3 years. The was Petty's first game.

This is a bad team. Secondary is horrible, OL is horrible and the other units aren't much better with the exception of the D line.

It's going to be 3-4 years before this team is any good and that is if we hit on every draft pick, which is not likely.

I have no problem giving Petty more time. I understand he is a 3 year project. However, Mariota has looked pretty good this year. I honestly did not think much of him as a prospect but I could be wrong. 

I just heard Petty's post game on SNY. When asked why they didn't go long more I think he took some of the blame for it. He checked down instead of going long because he wasn't confident enough to go with the play. He also said they were playing softer on the shorter routes. It sure didn't look like it. He thinks he'll be able to connect on these plays with more experience. But on the down side to me he's talking like this was an exhibition game and he was using it to get experience. What we wanted to see was a guy with an opportunity take advantage of it and excel. And win a game. Yes, that's right I want to win. 

10 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It was suppose to be an insult at Bryce Petty. Not an endorsement of Petty.

Fitz throws down field way more than Petty showed the willingness to do today. All the routes the receivers were running weren't just 5 yards.

Ok, so analysis isn't your strong point. 

I don't think he was "bad."  He was "meh or OK."

But what did some of you expect!?!? He was a 4th round pick.  Up until Dak, and it is waaaaay too early to make a call on him, the best 4th round QBs of the last 25 years are David Garrard and Kirk Cousins.

Many of you thought I was nuts when I said I would give up three or four 1sts or whatever the Titans wanted for #2 overall to get Mariota.  "Too much!" I heard. "Mortgaging the future!" I heard.

What future?!?!

Petty is probably backup caliber.  He still should play the rest of the year and be allowed to improve. Forget about Hack.  Don't even start that crap.

Archived