Fire Macc

nico002

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Ugh... before!  My posts are on record.  Others can back me up if you weren't paying attention.

Ask Dr. Detroit...

Sure.  

And Mariota is the only one i wish we had.  I don't have a problem with Lee or Williams.  

Who cares about Cooks.  

22 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No one is getting fired, but I'd like to say this is just a wonderful roster, led and guided by wonderful coaching. 

Closing out year 2 of this regime I can really see their plans all starting to come together. 

What a privilege to watch.

Firing a GM after two years is VERY smart.

General consensus is roster is talented but underachieving. That falls on coaching

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Sure.  

And Mariota is the only one i wish we had.  I don't have a problem with Lee or Williams.  

Mariota is a truly, special player at the most important position. I would have given up 3 firsts, plus Wilk, or whatever else Tennessee wanted for #2 overall.  

I said it multiple times and heard the usual BS. 

"Spread college QB." 

"Needs 2 or 3 years to develop."

"Too much!"

And my personal fave; "Don't mortgage the future!"

What future, might I ask, were they referring to?!?!  The future of this franchise looks bright indeed.

From Mike Vaccaro's article about Maccagnan. http://nypost.com/2016/11/11/jets-gms-magic-is-gone-and-a-lot-of-draft-pick-doubts-remain/

Some of that is bad luck – there were few voices, for instance, who argued when Damon Harrison was the spare lineman deemed most replaceable last spring, so he isn’t the only one haunted now by Harrison’s terrific season in the other home locker room at MetLife Stadium. Everyone wanted Maccagnan to re-sign Mo Wilkerson; that’s become a calamity, one entirely of Wilkerson’s creation, but one that has potentially far-reaching damage for both Maccagnan’s reputation and his ability to re-shape a roster that will soon need profound re-shaping. And you can’t blame Maccagnan for Revis suddenly looking older than Bob Dylan out on the corner.

He mainly talks about his draft picks. and I do see talent in the younger players. It was important that Lee have a good game coming off the injury and he has.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

There is talent on this team.  All over the place, in fact.

This is all on coaching.  100%.  Worst coached team I've ever seen in my life.  

It's like watching Will Muschamp coach the Gators all over again.

Tons of talent?!?!  WTF are you watching?

Bowles is awful, agreed there. But this roster is crap!

DL overrated and overpaid.  LBS below average. The secondary? Not one player worth a plum nickel.

No edge rusher.

OL is a four year rebuild project. RBs need youth.

And, of course, no QB.

The only, ONLY, building blocks on this roster are Leo Williams and the young wideouts.

Just now, RoadFan said:

DL overrated and overpaid.  LBS below average. The secondary? Not one player worth a plum nickel.

And, of course, no QB.

The only, ONLY, building blocks on this roster are Leo Williams and the young wideouts.

Jenkins, Mauldin and Lee had good games today. So I disagree with that. 

OL has actually been really surprising. Wesley Johnson and crew have been solid

10 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Mariota is a truly, special player at the most important position. I would have given up 3 firsts, plus Wilk, or whatever else Tennessee wanted for #2 overall.  

I said it multiple times and heard the usual BS. 

"Spread college QB." 

"Needs 2 or 3 years to develop."

"Too much!"

And my personal fave; "Don't mortgage the future!"

What future, might I ask, were they referring to?!?!  The future of this franchise looks bright indeed.

You weren't getting Mariota, no matter how much you wanted him.  I liked Mariota and wanted him too.  Not the point, I wanted Luck and wanted Jameis even more but they weren't available.  Your mistake isn't liking him, hardly was hard to like, the mistake is thinking he was available. 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Jenkins, Mauldin and Lee had good games today. So I disagree with that. 

OL has actually been really surprising. Wesley Johnson and crew have been solid

They had good games... lol.   It was the Rams.  The Rams! Arguably the worst offense in the NFL. Have you forgotten them getting humiliated by other teams this season?

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

And, of course, no QB.

I'm watching a team with a ton of talent coached by a staff that doesnt know how to maximize it. 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

They are young and green. It's called development. It's called rebuilding

Don't use that word, "rebuilding" with me.  I expect a 4 year, no free agency spending, rebuild for this mess of a roster. You will be starting multiple STB threads the second free agency starts.  I will be the one screaming "Hell no to all of them!"

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Bad news, my friend.  This team has far less to work with than the Kotite group Parcells inherited.

That couldnt be further from the truth.  There is talent all over the field.  A few of it not being utilized but most of it being used improperly. 

Just now, RoadFan said:

Don't use that word, "rebuilding" with me.  I expect a 4 year, no free agency spending, rebuild for this mess of a roster. You will be starting multiple STB threads the second free agency starts.  I will be the one screaming "Hell no to all of them!"

You seriously compared the talent on this team to the talent that the Jets had when they won 3 games in two years.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

That couldnt be further from the truth.  There is talent all over the field a few of it not being utilized but most of it being used improperly. 

I also think they are young and just getting their legs under them

The Jets either have old players who's best days are behind them or young players who's best days are hopefully in front of them

Very few in between, because of the bad drafts of Idzik and late Tanny

I can argue that MAccagnan has already bested both of them in the drafting department

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

That couldnt be further from the truth.  There is talent all over the field.  A few of it not being utilized but most of it being used improperly. 

This I agree with. I see other teams (Eagles, Cowboys, etc.) play with less talent on defense than us, yet perform better. Coaching has been a major failure this year. 

Archived