Fire Macc

nico002

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The Cowboys draft a rookie QB who looks like he's taking them to the Super Bowl we draft a rookie QB who hasn't dressed for a game. 

Tar and feather Macc. 

So using your logic every GM not named Jerry Jones should be fired?  

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/13/2016 at 8:26 PM, UnitedWhofans said:

1. Based on the personnel, I can definitely make that statement.

2. I've seen how Woody operates. He looks for the quick way to success. He is very predictable. If this doesn't work, he is going to go back to his old ways. I'm worried he;s going to push a trade for Romo or Cutler.

3. Then every GM has made that mistake. Which is why it is unfair to single out 1. It is not fair to him. Blame one and blame all. Look at the Rams. They haven't played THE TOP PICK OF THE DRAFT.

1. No you cant

2. List all the quick ways Woody has moved trying to get quick success.  Actual facts, not he pushed for Favre.  Because he was right to push for Favre.  Other Han that?  

• 2 weeks later...

The 49ers GM seems to care about the fans has anyone read anything out of Mike Maccagnan....

Trent Baalke: ‘I feel bad for the fans.’

c3b0d609b3856fa4dae3ecf65c9ab278

In case you were concerned, yes, San Francisco 49ers general manager Trent Baalke does in fact feel bad for the fans! The 49ers GM was down in South Florida for the Dolphins game, and he met with the 49ers radio broadcasters, Ted Robinson and Tim Ryan, before the game. It was part of the pre-game so it might have been there if you were listening to the radio broadcast. If you missed it, Kevin Jones has a transcript. It is loaded with a lot of the usual cliches, but I have to think his comments about the team’s struggles will not make people feel much better: “I don’t know if you do keep yourself up, or positive. I think you are drained. It’s a draining experience. I feel bad for the fans.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The 49ers GM seems to care about the fans has anyone read anything out of Mike Maccagnan....

In case you were concerned, yes, San Francisco 49ers general manager Trent Baalke does in fact feel bad for the fans! The 49ers GM was down in South Florida for the Dolphins game, and he met with the 49ers radio broadcasters, Ted Robinson and Tim Ryan, before the game. It was part of the pre-game so it might have been there if you were listening to the radio broadcast. If you missed it, Kevin Jones has a transcript. It is loaded with a lot of the usual cliches, but I have to think his comments about the team’s struggles will not make people feel much better: “I don’t know if you do keep yourself up, or positive. I think you are drained. It’s a draining experience. I feel bad for the fans.

I would too if my owner chose me over Jim Harbough in a power struggle. Harbough has more talent at Michigan than the sh*thole Baalke has put together in San Francisco. 

i don't see where mac has made any significant mistakes.  the only thing he did this season was re-sign fitz and then not have enough cap space to get a better left tackle.  and even the fitz mistake is not signing fitz but basically letting fitz hold out until just before camp.  fitz should've been there starting from the spring camps.  as for picking hack, i think we all have to rely on mac's judgement about his abilities. and the thing is that both hack and petty have some trade value at the moment if nothing else.  the jets are going to be able to free up quite a bit of cap space this season and will also have some high draft picks.  let's see what happens.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

i don't see where mac has made any significant mistakes.  the only thing he did this season was re-sign fitz and then not have enough cap space to get a better left tackle.  and even the fitz mistake is not signing fitz but basically letting fitz hold out until just before camp.  fitz should've been there starting from the spring camps.  as for picking hack, i think we all have to rely on mac's judgement about his abilities. and the thing is that both hack and petty have some trade value at the moment if nothing else.  the jets are going to be able to free up quite a bit of cap space this season and will also have some high draft picks.  let's see what happens.

Macc has made 2 mistakes IMO.

1. Reaching for Hackenberg in the second round

2. Signing Jarvis Jenkins, which wont have much effect because they still get the comp pick

All other "mistakes" are either in hindsight that a majority didn't question at the time or fell victim to injuries

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

2. Signing Jarvis Jenkins, which wont have much effect because they still get the comp pick

All other "mistakes" are either in hindsight that a majority didn't question at the time or fell victim to injuries

Best bunch of UDFA ever for the Jets. It's mostly Bowles I have an issue with.

•

If the 49ers had "fans" like you, he probably wouldn't give a crap about them either

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think the Devin Smith pick will go down as a desperation mistake.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Ignored the offensive line in multiple drafts. Has not addressed the running back position with youth or speed. Wilkerson and Richardson nontrades. Buster Skrine.

Oh and mistakes in hindsight are still mistakes. 

8 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Ignored the offensive line in multiple drafts. Has not addressed the running back position with youth or speed. Wilkerson and Richardson nontrades. Buster Skrine.

Oh and mistakes in hindsight are still mistakes. 

Carl nice job I agree with you on all this. Dont forget Breno Scrubo Giacomini.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

No, the bastage. 

I'm waiting for Manure Mehta to get on this creep asap!!

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

When he got here, we were terrible at every position that matters. Now we're terrible and/or expensive and/or old at every position that matters. Executive of the Year!

19 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

When he got here, we were terrible at every position that matters. Now we're terrible and/or expensive and/or old at every position that matters. Executive of the Year!

I know it's trending, but how exactly is this true . When he got here, we had Wilkerson and Robertson who apparently had issues with tardiness and stupidity or both . We did not have Williams . Our WR core was a mess, our secondary non existent  and an old slow line backing core .  What we did have was millions to spend and a mandate to do so by league rules .

2 years later, we have speed and youth in the line backing core .  We have 3 young DLmen and Richardson as trade bait . The Receiving core is now a strength  and young and we have some youth in the old aging OL

It takes time to rebuild a team while trying to win. The OL and the secondary have to be rebuilt on the fly. All this while, thus team needs to find a QB . The truly funny thing is the Jets have a lot of young players in their secondary. The development of those players could go a long way to determining how this team move forward .

A list of players (3 yrs or less) that Macc has brought in via draft, UDFA, of FA pickup. I may not be including some players on IR or whatever, but he has done well in my opinion. Williams, Lee, Mauldin, J. Marshall, Jenkins, Edwards, Simon, Anderson, Roberts, Wesley, and Stanford all look like long-term contributors with most of them as potential starters.

11 Anderson, Robby WR 6 190 23 R Temple
32 Burris, Juston CB 6 212 23 R North Carolina State
4 Edwards, Lachlan P 6-4 209 24 R Sam Houston State
5 Hackenberg, Christian QB 6-4 228 21 R Penn St.
48 Jenkins, Jordan LB 6-3 259 22 R Georgia
50 Lee, Darron  LB 6-1 232 22 R Ohio St.
89 Marshall, Jalin WR 5-10 200 21 R Ohio State
17 Peake, Charone WR 6-2 209 24 R Clemson
72 Shell, Brandon T 6-5 324 24 R South Carolina
93 Simon, Deon NT 6-4 332 26 2 Northwestern State-Louisiana
83 Tomlinson, Eric TE 6-6 263 24 2 Texas-El Paso

75 Johnson, Anthony DT 6-2 295 23 2 LSU
30 Marshall, Nick CB 6-1 206 24 2 Auburn
55 Mauldin, Lorenzo LB 6-4 259 24 2 Louisville

9 Petty, Bryce QB 6-3 230 25 2 Baylor
79 Qvale, Brent OL 6-7 315 25 2 Nebraska
27 Roberts, Darryl CB 6-0 190 26 2 Marshall
19 Smith, Devin WR 6-1 199 24 2 Ohio State
92 Williams, Leonard DE 6-5 302 22 2 USC
82 Bostick, Brandon TE 6-3 250 27 3 Newberry

76 Johnson, Wesley G 6-5 297 25 3 Vanderbilt

88 Seferian-Jenkins, Austin TE 6-5 262 24 3 Washington
51 Stanford, Julian LB 6-1 230 26 3 Wagner

1 minute ago, SBBound said:

A list of players (3 yrs or less) that Macc has brought in via draft, UDFA, of FA pickup. I may not be including some players on IR or whatever, but he has done well in my opinion. Williams, Lee, Mauldin, J. Marshall, Jenkins, Edwards, Simon, Anderson, Roberts, Wesley, and Stanford all look like long-term contributors with most of them as potential starters.

11 Anderson, Robby WR 6 190 23 R Temple
32 Burris, Juston CB 6 212 23 R North Carolina State
4 Edwards, Lachlan P 6-4 209 24 R Sam Houston State
5 Hackenberg, Christian QB 6-4 228 21 R Penn St.
48 Jenkins, Jordan LB 6-3 259 22 R Georgia
50 Lee, Darron  LB 6-1 232 22 R Ohio St.
89 Marshall, Jalin WR 5-10 200 21 R Ohio State
17 Peake, Charone WR 6-2 209 24 R Clemson
72 Shell, Brandon T 6-5 324 24 R South Carolina
93 Simon, Deon NT 6-4 332 26 2 Northwestern State-Louisiana
83 Tomlinson, Eric TE 6-6 263 24 2 Texas-El Paso

75 Johnson, Anthony DT 6-2 295 23 2 LSU
30 Marshall, Nick CB 6-1 206 24 2 Auburn
55 Mauldin, Lorenzo LB 6-4 259 24 2 Louisville

9 Petty, Bryce QB 6-3 230 25 2 Baylor
79 Qvale, Brent OL 6-7 315 25 2 Nebraska
27 Roberts, Darryl CB 6-0 190 26 2 Marshall
19 Smith, Devin WR 6-1 199 24 2 Ohio State
92 Williams, Leonard DE 6-5 302 22 2 USC
82 Bostick, Brandon TE 6-3 250 27 3 Newberry

76 Johnson, Wesley G 6-5 297 25 3 Vanderbilt

88 Seferian-Jenkins, Austin TE 6-5 262 24 3 Washington
51 Stanford, Julian LB 6-1 230 26 3 Wagner

That list gets us 3-8 there are a lot of what ifs and who's he. 

25 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I know it's trending, but how exactly is this true . When he got here, we had Wilkerson and Robertson who apparently had issues with tardiness and stupidity or both

And look at them now!

Our WR core was a mess, our secondary non existent  and an old slow line backing core .

How is this any different now? Marshall is catching 50% of his targets and may not crack a thousand yards this year. The other Marshall appears to dip his hands in lard before every game. Smith looks like a total bust. Robby DA GAWD has 24 catches to his name. The best wideouts on the roster are Decker and Enunwa. Both are fine, but neither is a #1 option, and Maccagnan doesn't get credit for them anyway. 

The secondary is still nonexistent, except now it also costs a billion dollars.

I have no idea what you're on about with the linebackers. Harris is one of the worst re-signings in team history. Lee looks softer than a used kleenex, and can't actually cover. We've needed an upgrade at OLB since forever, and both Mauldin and Jenkins look like they won't make it to a second contract.

we have some youth in the old aging OL

What? Where?

It takes time to rebuild a team while trying to win. 

Bad news: we're not actually doing either of those things.

The OL and the secondary have to be rebuilt on the fly. 

They needed to be rebuilt when Maccagnan was hired. What's the excuse now?

All this while, thus team needs to find a QB .

So far, so good!

The truly funny thing is the Jets have a lot of young players in their secondary. The development of those players could go a long way to determining how this team move forward .

Jets fans in a nutshell: tell them their GM is a boob for drafting Devin Smith and Christian Hackenberg, and they come back with "yeah, but what about Darryl Roberts?"

21 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

And look at them now!

How is this any different now? Marshall is catching 50% of his targets and may not crack a thousand yards this year. The other Marshall appears to dip his hands in lard before every game. Smith looks like a total bust. Robby DA GAWD has 24 catches to his name. The best wideouts on the roster are Decker and Enunwa. Both are fine, but neither is a #1 option, and Maccagnan doesn't get credit for them anyway. 

I have no idea what you're on about with the linebackers. Harris is one of the worst re-signings in team history. Lee looks softer than a used kleenex, and can't actually cover. We've needed an upgrade at OLB since forever, and both Mauldin and Jenkins look like they won't make it to a second contract.

What? Where?

So far, so good!

Jets fans in a nutshell: tell them their GM is a boob for drafting Devin Smith and Christian Hackenberg, and they come back with "yeah, but what about Darryl Roberts?"

I guess it's better to stay bitter and miserable than consider the possibility of a developing team . Enjoy

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What makes him a good GM what are his accomplishments with the Jets. 

Marshalls 2015 production for a 5th round pick was amazing.

as much as I hate to say Fitz 31-12 season was WELL worth the 6th round pick. Did he screw up re-signing the guy? Sure but hindsight is always 20/20 and you expect him to do everything perfect... it's how he finishes this Fitz situation in the off season that  counts. It's called learning from mistakes. Clady for a 5th wasn't that bad. Get a 27 year old ex-pro-bowler when your LT retires unexpectedly and see how it goes. That wasn't a huge blow.

he found Robby Anderson who is a keeper. When's the last time a Jets GM found a good undrafted gem besides Snacks. 

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Marshalls 2015 production for a 5th round pick was amazing.

as much as I hate to say Fitz 31-12 season was WELL worth the 6th round pick. Did he screw up re-signing the guy? Sure but hindsight is always 20/20 and you expect him to do everything perfect... it's how he finishes this Fitz situation in the off season that  counts. It's called learning from mistakes. Clady for a 5th wasn't that bad. Get a 27 year old ex-pro-bowler when your LT retires unexpectedly and see how it goes. That wasn't a huge blow.

he found Robby Anderson who is a keeper. When's the last time a Jets GM found a good undrafted gem besides Snacks. 

Fitzpatrick 31-12 ?  

Clady is a bum Denver got the better end of that deal 

Robbie Anderson did you watch Sundays game? 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick 31-12 ?  

Clady is a bum Denver got the better end of that deal 

Robbie Anderson did you watch Sundays game? 

Yeah 31-12 as in his TD/INT ratio...what else could I of meant? 

Clady was absolutely great in Denver for a short span of time. Injuries got the best of him and when you are pinned in a situation where your anchor LT is retiring..you take your chances. I applaud him for taking the chance more than I scrutinize him for the result. 

Robby was a walk on from temple and has flashed way more potential than some of the wide outs actually taken inside the draft rounds. Last weeks game was meh but I'm not using it to epitomize his career or the signing of Anderson, period. Good pick up by Mac.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah 31-12 as in his TD/INT ratio...what else could I of meant? 

Clady was absolutely great in Denver for a short span of time. Injuries got the best of him and when you are pinned in a situation where your anchor LT is retiring..you take your chances. I applaud him for taking the chance more than I scrutinize him for the result. 

Robby was a walk on from temple and has flashed way more potential than some of the wide outs actually taken inside the draft rounds. Last weeks game was meh but I'm not using it to epitomize his career or the signing of Anderson, period. Good pick up by Mac.

I thought you meant record as the starter here. 

Clady is finished thats why Denver traded him. 

The other WR's Macc drafted have done nothing here they cant even return kicks Macc had to bring back Ross who also stinks. 

So far I'm not at all impressed with Macc or his draft picks. 

Williams was a no brainer. 

Roberts seems like a great pick up off the NE practice squad. 

On 11/13/2016 at 4:34 PM, Rangers9 said:

You knew this was coming. 

I said this 1 1/2 years ago when he first signed Revis, Harris and decided to go with Catpiss Smith as the starter. Then he signed Fitz as the back up which was a decent move. But not securing a better QB option and signing 2 ancient players was cause for disbarment. The majority  of his moves, in short retrospect, have been disastrous. I said it before, I'll say it again: Fitz saved Mac's ass last year even though Mac has a free 3-4 year pass anyways.  This year you can truly see how inept the talent and lousy balance this team has. This is becoming like Idziot part II. 

57 minutes ago, Powpow said:

I said this 1 1/2 years ago when he first signed Revis, Harris and decided to go with Catpiss Smith as the starter. Then he signed Fitz as the back up which was a decent move. But not securing a better QB option and signing 2 ancient players was cause for disbarment. The majority  of his moves, in short retrospect, have been disastrous. I said it before, I'll say it again: Fitz saved Mac's ass last year even though Mac has a free 3-4 year pass anyways.  This year you can truly see how inept the talent and lousy balance this team has. This is becoming like Idziot part II. 

You can't always rebuild a team in only two seasons. And some years things don't work out. One big mistake Mac made was imo playing hardball with Fitz. If they wanted Fitz back then sign him within a reasonable time frame which allows a team to go forward and not be in a state of limbo until almost August. Coming off a good season it made no sense. The team was confident and with the O they showed in 2015 and a talented D we should have had good balance. But Mac should get at least 3 years, same with Bowles. 

6 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

You can't always rebuild a team in only two seasons. And some years things don't work out. One big mistake Mac made was imo playing hardball with Fitz. If they wanted Fitz back then sign him within a reasonable time frame which allows a team to go forward and not be in a state of limbo until almost August. Coming off a good season it made no sense. The team was confident and with the O they showed in 2015 and a talented D we should have had good balance. But Mac should get at least 3 years, same with Bowles. 

Lol blaming Mac for fitz deal ? Blame fitz for grossly over estimating his talent/demand.. Mac would have been fired at the end of this season had he signed fitz to a multi yr deal.. 

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol blaming Mac for fitz deal ? Blame fitz for grossly over estimating his talent/demand.. Mac would have been fired at the end of this season had he signed fitz to a multi yr deal.. 

I blamed him and Woody for the holdout. Sure if they don't want him back go in a different direction. If you want him to return and be your starter they were basically disrupting the equilibrium they had from 2015. You don't bring a starting Qb in at the end of July. It hurts the momentum. You see Fitz now playing better after a pretty shaky start. 

I actually don't like how he's handled the DL situation since drafting Williams. Sure if the pick, itself, was a no brainer. And I understand the reasonable excuses you can give him. But that's why GM's get paid a lot of money to figure it out.  And for the last two years the most expensive, talented piece of your team has been messy with too many questions with guys not exactly fitting into roles, for the most part. 

The other stuff I can consider somewhat more forgivable up to this point at least. 

Oh and the Harris signing was obviously awful

And look at them now!

What? Where?

So far, so good!

I guess it's better to stay bitter and miserable than consider the possibility of a developing team . Enjoy

And look at them now!

What? Where?

So far, so good!

Archived