Tim Williams = why we should tank

drdetroit

This guy is a beast. He will be gone in the top 20 but should be there when the Jets pick. But he only makes sense for the Jets if a top OT like Mike McGlinchey (ND) is already off the board.

The Jets desperately need a young, plug and play, top tier OT and McGlinchey should be there for the taking. I'd rather they do that, pass on T.Williams and try to get C.Jones or J.Collins in FA- both stud pass rushers.  JMHO. 

4 hours ago, PepPep said:

This guy is a beast. He will be gone in the top 20 but should be there when the Jets pick. But he only makes sense for the Jets if a top OT like Mike McGlinchey (ND) is already off the board.

The Jets desperately need a young, plug and play, top tier OT and McGlinchey should be there for the taking. I'd rather they do that, pass on T.Williams and try to get C.Jones or J.Collins in FA- both stud pass rushers.  JMHO. 

Way more difficult to find a pass rusher than a Offensive Tackle

If the reports of the Jets frantically trying to trade in front of the Dolphins to take Tunsil is true then the Jets will not pass on a top OT in this up coming draft, even if there is a top OLB pass rush prospect is available, you say a LT is easier to find I disagree.  I'm all in for McGlinchey 1st round should he declare, and the Jets should stop at nothing to get him.

16 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

This could always change, but he seems pretty set on going back. 

Not until he realizes he is projected to be a top 5, top 10 pick as the NFL season ends. I just don't see him passing on that opportunity. Who knows.  

16 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

If the reports of the Jets frantically trying to trade in front of the Dolphins to take Tunsil is true then the Jets will not pass on a top OT in this up coming draft, even if there is a top OLB pass rush prospect is available, you say a LT is easier to find I disagree.  I'm all in for McGlinchey 1st round should he declare, and the Jets should stop at nothing to get him.

The one thing I'll say about the Tunsil trade attempts is that I would not be at all surprised that Macc being Macc saw him sliding and wanted to get the best value out of his 1st round pick. Who knows why it didn't happen, but my bet is that the price tag was too high. If the intent was to bring in an elite OT prospect at all cost, well, that was not done. I think Macc also inquired about the #1 overall pick, and that was to get a QB, not an OT. Again, my bet is that the cost was too much. I think that is just the way Macc operates. So I believe if McGlinchey declares and he is there for the Jets taking BUT a guy like Garrett also slides to them, there is no way they pass on Garrett.  

18 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Way more difficult to find a pass rusher than a Offensive Tackle

Well, I don't nec. find that to be true. Pro Bowl caliber LTs don't grow on trees and cost nearly as much as Pass Rushers in FA. There's a reason for that.

As far as Tim Williams, he could be a great option if the Jets were to trade down. Let's say McGlinchey doesn't declare and there is not premiere talent the Jets feel is fworthy of the pick. A trade down into the late teens could very well net them Williams. 

Archived