Jets \ Pats Game on 11/27 Flexed to 4:25pm

C Mart

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

What's worse is that in order to secure these national TV night games for his brand, Woody Johnson allowed the schedule to be front-loaded with all the difficult road games.

So it's a double whammy.  Not only did it put us in a spot to open 1-5 but it also led to Woody in humiliation, the first owner of an opposing team to lead to the flexing of a superstar quarterback out of prime time, it's unprecedented.  Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and Rob Gronkowski moved to 4PM?  Unthinkable. 

I love Mr. Johnson, but this schedule killed the team early with opponent strength and killed the fans late with 3 night games in 4 weeks.  Maybe he'll learn from this.

SAR I

Dies the owner really have that much say in the schedule?

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

They're gonna be PISSED when we upset the golden cheaters. They made a huge mistake flexing out the Petty era.... The American public needs to see the future face of the NFL.

Bowles said he not sure who's starting against the Pats yet. I really like his decisive leadership qualities. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Yes, the 4:25 kickoff won't allow me enough time to get my son to his high school varsity hockey game unfortunately.

Besides, after the $545 I wasted yesterday it will be nice to get $900 for my seats.  Patriots fans aren't cheap.

SAR I

no sh*t they aint. They travel thousands of miles to be with their beloved team until Brady retires. They'll join the next bandwagon after that. 

25 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

Dies the owner really have that much say in the schedule?

Good question, I suspect owners do.  From what I've read about Woody Johnson requesting Thursday Night games and from what I've read about Bob Kraft lobbying to have 3 of his first 4 games at home anticipating the Tom Brady suspension, my guess is that they have input on what their teams and their fanbases are being asked to do-  in extenuating circumstances like number of night games consecutively, games on Jewish holidays, etc.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, j4jets said:

no sh*t they aint. They travel thousands of miles to be with their beloved team until Brady retires. They'll join the next bandwagon after that. 

rich_man_money_000042196558.jpg

PSL's are investment gold with certain fanbases.  The 4:30 start will do wonders for my ticket values on StubHub.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Good question, I suspect owners do.  From what I've read about Woody Johnson requesting Thursday Night games and from what I've read about Bob Kraft lobbying to have 3 of his first 4 games at home anticipating the Tom Brady suspension, my guess is that they have input on what their teams and their fanbases are being asked to do-  in extenuating circumstances like number of night games consecutively, games on Jewish holidays, etc.

SAR I

Pure speculation/conspiracy theory...but the Pats/Kraft always seem to manage to have their Thursday night game at Foxboro.

Metlife_Parking

The NY Jets are off to a 3 and 7 start. That has consequences when it comes to prime time games. The NFL sent out this press release (below) for the week 12 games. The Jets have been flexed on 11/27 and the prime time game at night has been moved to a 4:25pm kickoff.

WEEK 12 (NOVEMBER 27) SCHEDULE CHANGE:

PATRIOTS-JETS MOVES TO 4:25 PM ET ON CBS

CHIEFS-BRONCOS MOVES TO 8:30 PM ET ON NBC

The NFL announced today scheduling changes for Week 12 on Sunday, November 27.

The New England Patriots at New York Jets game will be played at 4:25 PM ET on CBS and the Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos game moves to 8:30 PM ET on NBC.

Following is the final Week 12 NFL schedule (all times ET):

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 24

MINNESOTA AT DETROIT 12:30 PM CBS
WASHINGTON AT DALLAS 4:30 PM FOX
PITTSBURGH AT INDIANAPOLIS 8:30 PM NBC

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 27

ARIZONA AT ATLANTA 1:00 PM FOX
CINCINNATI AT BALTIMORE 1:00 PM CBS
JACKSONVILLE AT BUFFALO 1:00 PM CBS
TENNESSEE AT CHICAGO 1:00 PM CBS
NEW YORK GIANTS AT CLEVELAND 1:00 PM FOX
SAN DIEGO AT HOUSTON 1:00 PM CBS
SAN FRANCISCO AT MIAMI 1:00 PM FOX
LOS ANGELES AT NEW ORLEANS 1:00 PM FOX
SEATTLE AT TAMPA BAY 4:05 PM FOX
NEW ENGLAND AT NEW YORK JETS 4:25 PM CBS
CAROLINA AT OAKLAND 4:25 PM CBS
KANSAS CITY AT DENVER 8:30 PM NBC

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 28

GREEN BAY AT PHILADELPHIA 8:30 PM ESPN

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
dnyoXY-FWDQ

Click here to read the full story...

4 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

They're gonna be PISSED when we upset the golden cheaters. They made a huge mistake flexing out the Petty era.... The American public needs to see the future face of the NFL.

A pinch of optimism from this Jets fan.  NIce.  Steve Young on the Michael Kay show said Bryce "showed nothing" yesterday.  I agree.

Just End The Season.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

What's worse is that in order to secure these national TV night games for his brand, Woody Johnson allowed the schedule to be front-loaded with all the difficult road games.

So it's a double whammy.  Not only did it put us in a spot to open 1-5 but it also led to Woody in humiliation, the first owner of an opposing team to lead to the flexing of a superstar quarterback out of prime time, it's unprecedented.  Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and Rob Gronkowski moved to 4PM?  Unthinkable. 

I love Mr. Johnson, but this schedule killed the team early with opponent strength and killed the fans late with 3 night games in 4 weeks.  Maybe he'll learn from this.

SAR I

Woody cares about one thing.  Hanging around Trump may allow him to pick up sloppy seconds.

Archived