Can this possibly be true...

UpstateJetsGuru

Correct me if I am wrong, but over the past two seasons I do not recall a single pick 6 from our defense, nor a single fumble return for a TD either by the defense or special teams, and not one return (punt on kickoff) for a score. This is incredible to me! No easy, game changing points to help the offense. Contrast that with the Denver Broncos, who seemingly every week get either a pick six, a fumble return or a huge special teams play, like say a blocked extra point for a return to win a game! Compound that with the fact that this team regularly misses clutch kicks, fumbles kick and punt returns, and a gave up a recent game losing kickoff return for a touchdown, and it is easy to see why they are at a decisive handicap virtually every game.

Just now, SAR I said:

A pick six is a lot of work,  I mean someone like Sheldon Richardson could pull a muscle or get winded.

It's safer to play at 50% and smoke marijuana.

SAR I

Better watch closer or get new glasses I thought you had good seats with good view Sheldon is hustling has ass off making tackles all over the field for a big man he can move. 

Just now, SAR I said:

A pick six is a lot of work,  I mean someone like Sheldon Richardson could pull a muscle or get winded.

SAR I

Or you need Mark Sanchez to attempt a RB swing pass.  That often was good for a Defensive Lineman pick six.

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Put an all you can eat Buffett in the EZ and watch Mo go. 

45 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Better watch closer or get new glasses I thought you had good seats with good view Sheldon is hustling has ass off making tackles all over the field for a big man he can move. 

Blame Kacy Rodgers and Todd Bowles the defensive genius for all this and more. 

9FB746AD-CBED-46ED-988D-7E15D88789AD_zps

The players are lazy, especially the well-compensated ones who are supposed to be leaders.  This is well-known.

SAR I

And other teams can actually win games and overcome turnovers by their QB occasionally..G men last night, Luck wins a couple weeks ago with 1 TD and 3 picks..hell the Broncos won the Super Bowl with a 9 TD 17 INT season. Not here. Very little margin for error with this D and special teams and bumbling coaching staff.

12 hours ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but over the past two seasons I do not recall a single pick 6 from our defense, nor a single fumble return for a TD either by the defense or special teams, and not one return (punt on kickoff) for a score. This is incredible to me! No easy, game changing points to help the offense. Contrast that with the Denver Broncos, who seemingly every week get either a pick six, a fumble return or a huge special teams play, like say a blocked extra point for a return to win a game! Compound that with the fact that this team regularly misses clutch kicks, fumbles kick and punt returns, and a gave up a recent game losing kickoff return for a touchdown, and it is easy to see why they are at a decisive handicap virtually every game.

I posed about this a few weeks ago, last pick 6 was Nov 2013. Longest streak in the league.

Yep the Rams game is a prime example of how we're just not good at "all three phases"  With a young QB making his first start and a banged up O-line we needed a big play from our defense especially against a bad QB like Case Keenum and we just didn't get it.  Our defense plays so passive and is more concerned at this point with just not giving up the big play then actually making a big play.  I'll say this too, I wish Macc could've pulled off his original plan of trading Mo and signing Olivier Vernon, the Giants may have overpaid a little but the guy shows up, plays hard and is actually a factor whereas you barely hear Mo's name.

6 hours ago, jamesr said:

On Sunday they flashed up a graphic about special teams ... I don't recall exactly but it said something like we have the 4th longest drought of return TDs in the league.

Just shows you the power of good coaching.  Since Mike Westhoff retired, we've been a mess.

SAR I

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You meant Mo.  Sheldon may be an idiot, but he does bust his ass out there, even when plying the wrong position (Thank you Bowles for that nonsensical thing).

2 hours ago, jackhuntr said:

I would like to know how many non-offensive TD's  we have given up during that time.

Not sure, but we have given up 4 that I can recall in this season:  J Marshall fumble returned by Bills, botched punt covered in end zone by Ravens, pick 6 by KC and KO return in Miami.

26 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not sure, but we have given up 4 that I can recall in this season:  J Marshall fumble returned by Bills, botched punt covered in end zone by Ravens, pick 6 by KC and KO return in Miami.

and fumbled kickoff return in KC as well went for 6

for what it;s worth Buster Skrine ALMOST had one against the Ravens

and fumbled kickoff return in KC as well went for 6

for what it;s worth Buster Skrine ALMOST had one against the Ravens

Yup. Forgot about that one that makes 5 this season. And I was sitting in the stands at Arrowhead for it. I sure hope the Jalin Marshall KR/PR experiment is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Lith said:

Yup. Forgot about that one. And I was sitting in the stands at Arrowhead for it. I sure hope the Jalin Marshall KR/PR experiment is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They keep trotting him out back there ... we got luck Sunday that he recovered the one he muffed.

15 hours ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

The last Defensive TD... including Special teams was October 20, 2013... Its been well over 3 years since the Jets D has scored a point.

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The Vikings defense and special teams have 6 touchdowns on the year for reference. 3 years and counting for the Jets.

OUCH! And we keep picking defensive players at the top of the draft. Jets are just not a lucky bunch. We pick Pryor. Giants a couple years later are getting Landon Collins. Jets are seriously snake bitten & its very hard not to believe that Namath made a pact with the devil for our Super Bowl victory.

Archived