New Head coach

OH THE PAIN

Should we go after Tom Coughlin as Jet head coach after we fire Bowles (which is inevitable) ?   

64 members have voted

1. 1. Should we go after Tom Coughlin as Jet head coach after we fire Bowles (which is inevitable) ?

Coughlin is like 70 years old or so. Gotta get a younger guy with experience to run this team. But, I have no doubt after hearing that Bowles in "undecided" about which QB to play against NE that it is disgusting. What are you hoping for Todd? Fitz is going to magically deliver six wins so you can "look good" to Woody Johnson after the season? What about when he asks about who is the QB since Fitz won't be back, what will you say to that? "We'll decide that in training camp?" Great except you lost the opportunity to get Petty playing time to make a logical decision on him. Your best bet is to play Petty, spend all your energy on getting him ready to play and have success if you want a third season.

Coughlin is like 70 years old or so. Gotta get a younger guy with experience to run this team. But, I have no doubt after hearing that Bowles in "undecided" about which QB to play against NE that it is disgusting. What are you hoping for Todd? Fitz is going to magically deliver six wins so you can "look good" to Woody Johnson after the season? What about when he asks about who is the QB since Fitz won't be back, what will you say to that? "We'll decide that in training camp?" Great except you lost the opportunity to get Petty playing time to make a logical decision on him. Your best bet is to play Petty, spend all your energy on getting him ready to play and have success if you want a third season.

Why do you need to go younger with a hc? He isn't playing a game for us on Sunday most of the good head coaches are old. Our current hc is young an inexperienced I actually think we should give him more time but I am in the minority. If you don't find an experienced coach you are basically fireing Bowles to hire bowles.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Why do you need to go younger with a hc? He isn't playing a game for us on Sunday most of the good head coaches are old. Our current hc is young an inexperienced I actually think we should give him more time but I am in the minority. If you don't find an experienced coach you are basically fireing Bowles to hire bowles.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Because he would be gone in two seasons anyway, then its back to the drawing board

7 minutes ago, C Mart said:

JMO. You can save this type of thread until at least 2017. 

+1 

Bowles won't be getting fired no matter HOW this season goes. I posted this back in August. Merely swap 2015 and 2016 and we're RIGHT ON COURSE!

Again just stop.  Sure bring in Coughlin the coach EVERYONE was ripping for making horrendous end of game

decisions and not disciplining Beckham when he was acting like a fool.  Add in the fact that he's over 70, good choice

If they go with Coughlin they should simultaneously hire an Assistant Head Coach to be groomed for transition to HC.  Notwithstanding Coughlin's positive attributes, 70 years old is still 70 years old.  Unfortumately, I think we are stuck with Bowels next season so it is a moot point.

28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Giants draft well the Giants develop players Tom Coughlin had a lot of success in NY something we havent had in years. 

He's a proven commodity. 

he also led a talented team to missing the playoffs 5 of 6 seasons.  I'll take just 1 SB w/ that but he's not a sure thing.

21 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

70 isn't too old to be president. Why should it be too old to be an NFL coach? 

20 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Watching him on the sidelines I had the feeling that Coughlin had lost his team.  Has anyone got any insight on that possibility?

It is very possible. Sometimes when a coach has been around a team a very long time his messages is not heard anymore. Saw it with Andy Reid in Philly, I think you are seeing it now in Green Bay.

I think the Jets are going to give Bowles another year but if a McCarthy suddenly came on the market I would seriously take a look at him.

There was a feeling with the Giants that Coughlin should retire, he wasn't able to get the most out of the team anymore.  It happens to younger great head coaches.  I remember Jimmy Johnson's, (and Dan Marino's), last game.  You could see in that season-ending game that clearly the team had quit on Johnson, and he was visibly shook in the post game press conference.  He never went back to coaching.

I guess Johnson figured that if the team quits on you like that, no matter how good you once were,  it's time to get out of coaching.  I think the Giants figured that Coughlin had hit that point.

Archived