New Head coach

OH THE PAIN

Should we go after Tom Coughlin as Jet head coach after we fire Bowles (which is inevitable) ?   

64 members have voted

1. 1. Should we go after Tom Coughlin as Jet head coach after we fire Bowles (which is inevitable) ?

21 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Because he would be gone in two seasons anyway, then its back to the drawing board

The Jets have had dreadful luck with the next "hot coordinator" as HC. Since Walt Michaels we have had Joe Walton, Bruce Coslet, Pete Carroll, Rich Kotite, Bill Parcells, Al Groh, Herm, Mangini, Rex and Bowles. Only Kotite and Parcells came with previous experience though with Kotite you never would known he coached anywhere before. The next guy has got to be a former HC. I like Josh McDaniels of New England or Mike Shanahan, or Jon Gruden (doubtful).

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

The Jets have had dreadful luck with the next "hot coordinator" as HC. Since Walt Michaels we have had Joe Walton, Bruce Coslet, Pete Carroll, Rich Kotite, Bill Parcells, Al Groh, Herm, Mangini, Rex and Bowles. Only Kotite and Parcells came with previous experience though with Kotite you never would known he coached anywhere before. The next guy has got to be a former HC. I like Josh McDaniels of New England or Mike Shanahan, or Jon Gruden (doubtful).

please no jawshy.  he's being groomed to replace the bellichicken.

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

That's fine, but the realistic options are limited. 

Forget Shanahan, Gruden, or Cowher. They wont come here.

There are only 2 possibilities I can think of: Brad Childress and Josh McDaniels. Haley is too hot headed for this town. Dont want Norv Turner

16 minutes ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

Tom Coughlin was 4-12 & 9-7 his first two years as a head coach. 

The first season was an expansion team's first year and the second not only did they make the playoffs they went to the AFCG

Coughlin would have a deal similar to what Parcells had when he came here.  Coach 3 years then develop an assistant to take over

While I think it unlikely that Bowles will be fired, I do not think it impossible. If Macc wants "his" guy, I think Woody's frustration might be enough for the half move. No way I hire Coughlin, nor do I even consider a new defensive minded head coach. We need to hire a head coach that is skilled and successful and developing young QB talent. And is aggressive.

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 2:18 PM, KRL said:

Again just stop.  Sure bring in Coughlin the coach EVERYONE was ripping for making horrendous end of game

decisions and not disciplining Beckham when he was acting like a fool.  Add in the fact that he's over 70, good choice

Dont forget the .550 career winning percentage, he lost almost as many games as he won

Archived