Let's face it EVERYBODY is hatin' JA

SoFlaJets

between here nad the Insiders board(wooo ooh I said it)almost to a man AND woman are down on Mr.Self Centered Himself John Abraham.The way the team stood by him and he lets these agents of his try this sh*t?No way he can go for all we care- go ahead play in Dallas we want people who want to be here.

Right now,I'd take Bryan Thomas over John Abraham anyday-and I KNOW Abe's the better player-at least #99 is TRYING...

there are a couple exceptions -

jetsfreak the guy that always posts the "skimask" emoticon in every post is a very vocal pro-Abe guy

pope on the Jets Addicts board is a stalwart defender of Abe - almost to the point of ridiculousness

between here nad the Insiders board(wooo ooh I said it)almost to a man AND woman are down on Mr.Self Centered Himself John Abraham.The way the team stood by him and he lets these agents of his try this Sh#t?No way he can go for all we care- go ahead play in Dallas we want people who want to be here.

Right now,I'd take Bryan Thomas over John Abraham anyday-and I KNOW Abe's the better player-at least #99 is TRYING...

You mean GangGreen and JetNation, the ONLY 2 quality Jet boards worth posting to. :lol:

I am alone on an island here.

I have mixed emotions but I do not hate John Abraham.

He was legitimately hurt last season. He had a 7 to 8 week injury that was in it's 6th week when The Jets played Pittsburgh.

John tried to practice. The coaches decided that he couldn't play. Abraham made the comment that he was worried about his future. He was talking about his physical future more than his financial future.

But the media and fans took it the wrong way and painted John as a villain.

I am not upset with Abraham not signing the tender. This is apart of the process. Orlando Pace and Donovin Darius and other franchised players have all done the same thing the last few years.

The Jets front office is doing what they should do at this point. They can't commit a long term deal until Abraham earns it.

Abraham's agents are just following procedure right here. They are doing what they are paid to do. They are trying to secure a long term deal for Abe.

John Abraham wants to be here long term. The Jets are not commiting long term right now for various reasons.

I don't want to lose John Abraham. The only way, I let him go is if a team coughs up two first round picks. That's it. Jets are not trading him.

It's two first rounders or Abraham is a Jet next year. He's well liked by his teammates and coaches and they have fully supported him and they all want him back.

That's why he got franchised and that's why The Jets are not dealing him.

TWO FIRST ROUNDERS OR HE"S A JET. It's plain and simple.

I am hoping that he returns.

I am alone on an island here.

I have mixed emotions but I do not hate John Abraham.

He was legitimately hurt last season. He had a 7 to 8 week injury that was in it's 6th week when The Jets played Pittsburgh.

John tried to practice. The coaches decided that he couldn't play. Abraham made the comment that he was worried about his future. He was talking about his physical future more than his financial future.

But the media and fans took it the wrong way and painted John as a villain.

I am not upset with Abraham not signing the tender. This is apart of the process. Orlando Pace and Donovin Darius and other franchised players have all done the same thing the last few years.

The Jets front office is doing what they should do at this point. They can't commit a long term deal until Abraham earns it.

Abraham's agents are just following procedure right here. They are doing what they are paid to do. They are trying to secure a long term deal for Abe.

John Abraham wants to be here long term. The Jets are not commiting long term right now for various reasons.

I don't want to lose John Abraham. The only way, I let him go is if a team coughs up two first round picks. That's it. Jets are not trading him.

It's two first rounders or Abraham is a Jet next year. He's well liked by his teammates and coaches and they have fully supported him and they all want him back.

That's why he got franchised and that's why The Jets are not dealing him.

TWO FIRST ROUNDERS OR HE"S A JET. It's plain and simple.

I am hoping that he returns.

The voice of reason.

I hate this talk about Abe leaving, but I am of the opinion, that if you do not want to be here, please leave.

This is how it is today. Players want to get paid. Look no further than Coles. He spat at the organization and has now returned, like the Prodigal Son.

Abe, if he has any sense, will sign the deal, play his ass off, and make himself more valuable by showing the Jets and other teams around the league that he's not an injury prone, headcase. If he plays well, he gets paid, whether by us or another team.

EXACTLY MJ everything you posted there I agree with.I know Abe can be a game-changer but I'll tell ya I really believe he needs to get new agents they are doing him a disservice with their posturing here.The last part you wrote,the "If he has any sense at all.." should be a no-brainer,stay healthy play every game and cash in next year or let the Jets do what they do-give you a lucrative deal maybe during the season or pre-season.The Jets ain't a cheap org.They'll pay ya-ask Chad,Ellis.What happened to John's stance of a couple of months ago when he said'Hey they want me to play for 6.7 million?That's pretty good money.Remember that?Agents-short sighted agents

The voice of reason.

I hate this talk about Abe leaving, but I am of the opinion, that if you do not want to be here, please leave.

Abe, if he has any sense, will sign the deal, play his a$$ off, and make himself more valuable by showing the Jets and other teams around the league that he's not an injury prone, headcase. If he plays well, he gets paid, whether by us or another team.

the thing that set me off was he was on record as being cool with the F-tag. then, all of a sudden it's a problem. he keeps making himself the bad guy. whatever. :? all i care about now is fair value. either by keeping or getting rid of him.

again I agree

I like Abe also and if the knock on him is never

completing a Full season the same can be said about

Chad! I get the Feeling that Abe wants to leave!

Maybe the lure of the Tuna is appealing to him??

From a Human being standpoint anyone that likes the

Tuna over Herm is nuts..Now if were talking Coaching,

well that something else altogether... :wink:

I like Abe also and if the knock on him is never

completing a Full season the same can be said about

Chad! I get the Feeling that Abe wants to leave!

Maybe the lure of the Tuna is appealing to him??

From a Human being standpoint anyone that likes the

Tuna over Herm is nuts..Now if were talking Coaching,

well that something else altogether... :wink:

Difference being this S69 Chad has heart Abe don't it's that simple

There's no Question about that!! If Abe had Chads

desire to win he'd be one of the Best ever to play

the Game because you can't deny Abe has the Talent!

That's what's so frustrating Savage-we SAW what he could do especially in his rookie year-remember the TB game?the Pats game?when he single handedly sealed those victires in the Al Groh year.By now he should have put on some weight so as to be able to handle the rigors of an NFL season.Just like Santana Moss-you don't get away with malingering in New York City-if you are a goldbricker it don't fly up there-the work ethic is too important.that's why guys like Chad,Curtis,Chrebet and Coles,Ellis and even Bryan Thomas are appreciated and guys like Moss and soon John Abe get shipped outta the Big Apple

There's no Question about that!! If Abe had Chads

desire to win he'd be one of the Best ever to play

the Game because you can't deny Abe has the Talent!

talent & 2 bucks will get you on the subway. if we could get fair market value i'd would be down with shipping his fragile a$$ outta' here!!

there are a couple exceptions -

jetsfreak the guy that always posts the "skimask" emoticon in every post is a very vocal pro-Abe guy

pope on the Jets Addicts board is a stalwart defender of Abe - almost to the point of ridiculousness

... please do not leave me off this list ...

l_j_r

Replies: 4

Views: 40

Forum: New York Jets / NFL Talk Posted: Yesterday at 3:00 pm Subject: Pace expected to sign 7-year deal

... letting abe go will be a mistake ...

Replies: 5

Views: 44

Forum: New York Jets / NFL Talk Posted: Yesterday at 2:49 pm Subject: my wife says we played the wrong card(Abe v Lamont)

... your wife was wrong ...

... if we invested that kind of money in our b/u rb we would be in cap-hell...

... we should do whatever it takes to keep abe ... he makes the entire d better ...

Replies: 39

Views: 293

Forum: New York Jets / NFL Talk Posted: Yesterday at 12:39 am Subject: Jets Confidentials front page says Abe wants out

... i don't care ... i want him back next season ... we'll see what fat bill offers, but i say do what we can to keep him ... he makes the entire defense better...

Replies: 61

Views: 313

Forum: New York Jets / NFL Talk Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:04 am Subject: Ballsy Jets prediction (besides us going to the Super Bowl)

... john abe ... 20 sacks ... 16 games played ... additional sack in afc championship causing turnover which leads the j-e-t-s to the big dance...

... i'm honored to be on the side supporting john abe ... getting rid of him is a HUGE mistake !!!

l_j_r

Would it though? I mean... he only plays 11 games a year. He doesn't play in crunch time. But, he does have all the talent in the world. So, it comes down to is if you want to wait on the talent or not. I, for one, am willing to sell him to the highest bidder. If there isn't anything good, then I'll keep him, no big.

Archived