Bowles worried about players quitting if Petty starts

Ex-Rex

12 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

If this is even remotely true, the very fact that Bowles would even entertain this as a possibility would be disturbing.  A HC's job is not to have the appproval or liking of the players but to get them to perform. 

Guess what their are things that they, the players, might not like!  So what!!

I still say Bowles must have at least one if not two more years but this nonsense is embarrassing. 

Good Grief!!!

1 or 2 more years?  We need to move on from Bowles and move forward. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick cannot throw a football anymore. Like, at all. 

Credibility? Ha! What a crock of sh*t.

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No, it isn't. 

You lead the team, you make the decisions. If people don't like it and stop trying, you make an example of them. **** this sh*t with catering to the emotions of football players. FOOTBALL. PLAYERS. EMO. ****.

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

**** this. I know this game... it's called milking it. Mac and Bowles are just career-extending based on the "promise" of the developing QB being "their guy", so they shouldn't be held accountable for anything that happens between now and the theoretical moment Hack finally takes a snap.

Rex pulled this career-extending busllhit here too. So did Bradway. 

All **** faces. All of them.

FTR joewilly12 did not say any of what integrity28 is commenting on Mehta did in the article. 

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

In today's Daily News column Manish Mehta explains Bowles conundrum saying that Bowles fears some veteran players will quit on him if he starts Bryce Petty. If it was me I would start Petty and then look closely at the players who don't seem to be giving full effort. Those guys would soon be on the waiver wire - and I wouldn't care WHO they were. Players play, coaches coach and owners sign the checks and that's that. BTW I have seen a LOT of players this season who don't look like they are "giving it their all" I have seen Calvin Pryor, who is a terrific actor at acting like he is playing hard as well as Darrelle Revis the past several weeks. I would put Mo WIlkerson in that category as well. What do you guys think? Should Bowles try to "appease" his veteran players or like Sinatra said, "I'll do it MY WAY."

If Bowles is worried about guys quitting then Bowles isn't the right guy for the job. If you think a guy is dogging it out there then you sit his @ss on the bench and then you cut him right after the damn game.

Stop being their friend and start being their damn coach. WTH is wrong with you ? 

1 minute ago, Ken Shroy said:

Well I'm sure Mac and Woody are reading this today also. That's NOT GOOD for Bowles. It's the last thing the GM and the owner want to hear right now. This could be the final nail in the CS coffin. And it should be.

It most certainly has to be. First Ryan Fitzpatrick sh*ts on this organization after a game and now Todd Bowles. 

This season cant end soon enough and both of them goners. 

DAMMIT 

Just now, shawn306 said:

If Bowles is worried about guys quitting then Bowles isn't the right guy for the job. If you think a guy is dogging it out there then you sit his @ss on the bench and then you cut him right after the damn game.

Stop being their friend and start being their damn coach. WTH is wrong with you ? 

Fire him today!!!!!!!!!!   

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Totally understand where Bowles is coming from with this. Veteran players have a tendency to do that and when some of the media and a large portion of the fans are calling for you to be fired unfairly it's a tough road to go down. You just have to hope the owner is smart enough to tune out that noise.

The best cure is for him to stick with Petty and Petty plays well.

True.  If you start Petty, guys might start not showing up for their own birthday parties.  Wait, a second . . . 

Typical Mehta trash as usual.  He literally took the quote

"You think of different aspects when you decide on making a change, especially at that position, because it affects other players on the team, too," the GM. added. "If you're trying to determine what gives you the best chance to be successful, but also if you're looking how players develop and progress, I think the point I would simply make is you just don't do it. You don't just wing it. ... It's not a decision you take lightly. You also want to make sure the player … is ready to a degree to set them up for success."

And turned the whole article into "vets will quit on Petty".  Mehta always jumping to conclusions.

2 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

And turned the whole article into "vets will quit on Petty".  Mehta always jumping to conclusions.

wow. You're right.

When will I learn, you can never trust a Mehta headline. You actually have to read the article before you see how he spins it.

If this is true, it's time for Woody and Mac to start searching for a new coach.  

One of Bill Parcells' greatest motivational tactics was to publicly humiliate players who were dogging it. If Bowles is too scared to do this, then it's time for him to go.

27 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Pretty much the way I read the article too.  There are 3 or 4 quotes and Mehta weaves them together to draw his own conclusion.  To me, this is what Manish suggests is going on at Florham Park, but his thoughts are not backed up by any factual info or Macc's direct quotes.  But, hey, he got a lot of us to click on his link and generated a lot of discussion with his report, so he did his job.

2 hours ago, hawk said:

If true, and that is a big if, it would top the many reasons why Bowles should be fired.  

If Bowles (or any HC) truly controlled the motivation of the players, it would be him getting the 12 mil per year, not Fitz. 

This is a completely normal statement. They are professional players interested in winning games. They are not interested in how the team fares in 2020. 

IMHO, and I'm sure this point has been made countless times in one way or another, Bowles is deflecting the fact that he is nervous more and more players will begin to quit on HIM as long as his own leadership continues to carry out. I mean sure, use the petty situation as a scapegoat... For me, the fact that we have players i.e. wilk and sheldon, blatantly skipping meetings and  etc. speaks VOLUMES to me. Heck even the complete drop in play/effort in Wilk, Pryor, and Revis (age effects overall play, not effort) is just embarrassing. Losing has been permeating through this entire organization this season, and I think that says a lot about Bowles and his ability to lead.. 

This is all BS by the way. 

Rex didn't pick Sanchez or Geno

Bowles didn't pick Fitz or that one game when Geno got hurt. 

The reason why the Jets hire first time defensive HCs is because they don't get super butt hurt when the owner sets the depth chart at QB 

People talk about getting rid of Bowles and getting "a real coach" well guess what a real coach with a track record and multiple jobs to choose from don't want to work for a team where the owner sets the QB depth chart. 

Woody tells Mac and Bowles who he wants and he tells them at the same meeting, apparently. 

These decisions about which terrible QB to start go way above Bowles pay grade. 

Ok.  Can we think critically about this for just one second?

I'm not a fan of how Bowles has handled this or his overall in-game coaching at this point.

However, that article included exactly 0 quotes from Bowles.  Zero.

If this is how Bowles truly feels, do we think he'd admit that to Manish Mehta, or anyone else, for that matter?  "Hey Manish, you know, I'd really like to go to Petty, but I think his teammates are a bunch of lazy, entitled bitches who will quit on me if I do."  We see that happening?

This article is nothing more than Manish speculating in the negative to generate clicks.  Guess what, it worked.

13 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Ok.  Can we think critically about this for just one second?

I'm not a fan of how Bowles has handled this or his overall in-game coaching at this point.

However, that article included exactly 0 quotes from Bowles.  Zero.

If this is how Bowles truly feels, do we think he'd admit that to Manish Mehta, or anyone else, for that matter?  "Hey Manish, you know, I'd really like to go to Petty, but I think his teammates are a bunch of lazy, entitled bitches who will quit on me if I do."  We see that happening?

This article is nothing more than Manish speculating in the negative to generate clicks.  Guess what, it worked.

Manish is a supreme troll and people continue to waste their time and get baited by him into unsubstantiated discussions based on creating divisiveness.

3 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

In today's Daily News column Manish Mehta explains Bowles conundrum saying that Bowles fears some veteran players will quit on him if he starts Bryce Petty. If it was me I would start Petty and then look closely at the players who don't seem to be giving full effort. Those guys would soon be on the waiver wire - and I wouldn't care WHO they were. Players play, coaches coach and owners sign the checks and that's that. BTW I have seen a LOT of players this season who don't look like they are "giving it their all" I have seen Calvin Pryor, who is a terrific actor at acting like he is playing hard as well as Darrelle Revis the past several weeks. I would put Mo WIlkerson in that category as well. What do you guys think? Should Bowles try to "appease" his veteran players or like Sinatra said, "I'll do it MY WAY."

Right.  Then those are the guys you target for a bon voyage.  Who do they think they are?

Lol, so if a coach can't make decisions because the players won't respect his choice, why the heck is he still the coach?

It's like one of those situations where parents are trying too hard to be friends with their kids, instead of parents, and then they can't figure why the kids are delinquents.  

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Did Todd Bowles really say this if he did he has lost the team on and off the field he needs to be fired. 

Agree.  If this is the case the guy has no control of the locker room and should be fired immediately.  What the hell?  He's the head coach and the players shouldn't have a say whatsoever in who should be starting.  What a joke.

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

because the vets believe in Brady. Not all positions are equal in the NFL. 

Sorry, but its the coach not the QB.  I honestly think he could cut Brady and go with Garrapolo next year and they'd still all fall in line...  

3 hours ago, hawk said:

If true, and that is a big if, it would top the many reasons why Bowles should be fired.  

Nail, head.

For so many reasons, this is revealing and tells you he is unfit for the job. Not only to you not make the right decision, but you do it based on an unproven fear, which even if true gives you the opportunity to gain greater insight on who you should keep on the roster and who to cut? Geez Louise. That's some cowardly stuff.

Archived