Bowles worried about players quitting if Petty starts

Ex-Rex

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Not a good sign if the HC doesn't have the locker room.  If he's worried about losing the locker room because he benched a shi--y QB then that's a problem.

With that said..this is coming from Mehta..and Mehta will write whatever he feels like..true or not.

I said the same thing here in one of these threads last week....maybe one of you is Mehta? We should play pin the tail on the Mehta poster eh? 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, C Mart said:

FWIW.  I already know how this will go

casserly_normal.JPG Charley Casserly (@CharleyCasserly)
I talk about the #NYJets QB situation How did Bryce Petty play last week? Ryan Fitzpatrick @nflnetworkpic.twitter.com/UCX1jJ8bXr

This is the best thing out of this thread.  At least its something substantive.  Sucks it cuts off right where it gets good, will have to look for it later tonight when I get home.

4 hours ago, section314 said:

You are right. First thing Bowles should tell the team when they come in Monday is Petty is the starter the rest of the way. If any of you bums who have gotten us to 3-7 have a problem with it, leave your helmets at the door and get the hell out.  This is easy, even Bowles should be able to figure it out.

The Jets could get away with punting 9 times against the Rams and keep the game close...that kind of offensive display against the Pats will result in a massacre....this team and all its weaknesses will be on display a week from Sunday.

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

There's little debate that Ryan Fitzpatrick is better than Petty and rookie Christian Hackenberg,

Um, in his first game Bryce Petty has a better QB rating than Fitzpatrick. So, I think there should be at least SOME debate.

8 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Um, in his first game Bryce Petty has a better QB rating than Fitzpatrick. So, I think there should be at least SOME debate.

I DID NOT SAY WHAT YOU QUOTED

The article I posted was quoted and this was in the article. 

I am not in favor of Ryan Fitzpatrick being on this team have never been. 

5 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

In today's Daily News column Manish Mehta explains Bowles conundrum saying that Bowles fears some veteran players will quit on him if he starts Bryce Petty. If it was me I would start Petty and then look closely at the players who don't seem to be giving full effort. Those guys would soon be on the waiver wire - and I wouldn't care WHO they were. Players play, coaches coach and owners sign the checks and that's that. BTW I have seen a LOT of players this season who don't look like they are "giving it their all" I have seen Calvin Pryor, who is a terrific actor at acting like he is playing hard as well as Darrelle Revis the past several weeks. I would put Mo WIlkerson in that category as well. What do you guys think? Should Bowles try to "appease" his veteran players or like Sinatra said, "I'll do it MY WAY."

This is the problem with Bowles. whomever is giving issues...sit them and play the guys hungry to get on the field. 

That easy. I truly don't know what voodoo Fitz has put over this team.

There are rumblings on One Jets Drive that Bowles is concerned his team will cheout if he plays the second-year signal caller against the Patriots on Nov. ck 27

when was the last time anything came out of the jets front office?  Probably when rex & co were here.  any one of us could write the same article using his source and it would have as much truth as metha has provided.  i guess when you don't like someone you would believe anything negative about them.  why don't we let this play out before we start jumping off the ledges we are standing on.

5 hours ago, hawk said:

If true, and that is a big if, it would top the many reasons why Bowles should be fired.  

I'm not on the fire Bowles train, but this would seriously concern me.  That said, it's Mehta.  F*ck that goober.

28 minutes ago, jetfan39 said:

There are rumblings on One Jets Drive that Bowles is concerned his team will cheout if he plays the second-year signal caller against the Patriots on Nov. ck 27

when was the last time anything came out of the jets front office?  Probably when rex & co were here.  any one of us could write the same article using his source and it would have as much truth as metha has provided.  i guess when you don't like someone you would believe anything negative about them.  why don't we let this play out before we start jumping off the ledges we are standing on.

The NY Jets are 3-7 in last place in the AFC East 

Ryan Fitzpatrick leads the NFL in INT's 

Enough said. 

Fire Todd Bowles. 

Image result for fire todd bowles

consider the source.  just about all of the sports writers in ny are grandstanders and band wagon riders.  manish is no exception and the fact that writes for the daily news puts him a cut below those guys from the post or anywhere else.  but if what he says is true then where's the logic?  the team is 3-7 and the best they can finish is 9-7 and out of the playoffs even if joe willie (circa 1968) came walking through the door.  so there is little incentive for the vets to win anyway.  i can't imagine getting the team ready to win a game has little to do with who is playing qb.  and if these same vets had any pride they would never have let the likes of guys like keenum, or tannenhill come even close to beating them, but they did get beat.

the better angle is for this team to come and play hard because that's why they get the big bucks or can get contracts to get the big bucks.  and they should also know that playing as a team and with good technique will prevent injuries.

6 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

In today's Daily News column Manish Mehta explains Bowles conundrum saying that Bowles fears some veteran players will quit on him if he starts Bryce Petty. If it was me I would start Petty and then look closely at the players who don't seem to be giving full effort. Those guys would soon be on the waiver wire - and I wouldn't care WHO they were. Players play, coaches coach and owners sign the checks and that's that. BTW I have seen a LOT of players this season who don't look like they are "giving it their all" I have seen Calvin Pryor, who is a terrific actor at acting like he is playing hard as well as Darrelle Revis the past several weeks. I would put Mo WIlkerson in that category as well. What do you guys think? Should Bowles try to "appease" his veteran players or like Sinatra said, "I'll do it MY WAY."

I agree. Start Petty, Then you have film on guys (anyone that quits) that you don't want on the team next year.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets are 3-7 in last place in the AFC East 

Ryan Fitzpatrick leads the NFL in INT's 

Enough said. 

Fire Todd Bowles. 

Image result for fire todd bowles

i will say one thing about you.  you are consistent and don't change.  that is sometimes a good thing.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Thanks I'm a passionate resilient NY Jets fan who has seen enough bad decisions for a lifetime with this damn team. 

i have been a fan from their 1st day.  i used to walk up to the ticket window at game time and get tickets for good seats.

3 minutes ago, August said:

woManish is clearly hanging on Fitzpatrick's nuts. You notice there were never any articles written by him about players losing confidence or not believing in Fitzpatrick? 

He's probably one of the posters on this site who still thinks Fitz should start y'know, cuz Geno

5 hours ago, munchmemory said:

todd-bowles-reaction-to-ryan-fitzpatrick

4 hours ago, Happy Clouds said:

LOL. Awesome clip.

Also provides clear proof Bowles has lost the team. Every single person is moving away from him.  You, my friend, are a genius.

7 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Are you serious with this? 

3 minutes ago, Happy Clouds said:

Of course not

Maybe Bowles passed some gas...............

Not a good sign if the HC doesn't have the locker room.  If he's worried about losing the locker room because he benched a shi--y QB then that's a problem.

With that said..this is coming from Mehta..and Mehta will write whatever he feels like..true or not.

Agree with both paragraphs. But if it's true, I hope he starts Petty so the next HC can review the film, see who quit and clean house.

Archived