Sign in to follow this  
SenorGato

2016-2017 Non-Cubs/Yankees/Mets Free Agency and Off-season

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yeah. Trout really helped the Angels. Kept them from having 69 wins instead of 74. Best and most valuable aren't the same thing. Trout would probably give up every single award for a chance to swap places with Mookie. Easily. 

Go from one team that didn't win it all to another team that didn't win it all? What does that do for him?

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Making the playoffs > Not making the playoffs.

Anyway, that tweet was correct Most Valuable does not equal best.

So is the idea here that the Angels are a playoff team with Mookie Betts instead of Mike Trout?

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That's not what I said. I said the Angels were a bad team with or without Trout.  The Red Sox won the AL East with Mookie. Without him, they likely don't even make the playoffs. 

So, the Red Sox are a playoff team solely because they have Mookie Betts and therefore he is really the MVP?

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

This is why no one likes discussing stuff with you and you often find yourself talking with yourself about the Cubs on a Jets board. 

I ask too mamy reasonable but apparently unanswerable questions?

27 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Your questions are ridiculous and you're intentionally being obstructive. I stated my opinion. Mookie was more valuable to the Red Sox than Trout was to the Angels. You're welcome to disagree. No need to take this any further. 

You stated your opinion on an internet forum. You fell apart within two questions about your opinion. 

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Fell apart? You're out of your mind. I've stated my opinion. It's one shared by many, obviously. If you want to debate the merits of my opinion with stats or facts, be my guest. If you want to ask questions that you already know my answers to based on any basic level of logic, then there is no need for me to waste my time any further. 

I mean, it's pretty hard to deny you fell apart completely within two questions given the direction you brought in. Swiss cheese, anxious defense for swiss cheese logic 

5 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You took it this direction with your unnecessary and inane questions. I'm not sure how much clearer I could be when it comes to the opinion I posted. If you want to debate Mookie and Trout on their baseball merits I'm all for it. You'd rather post questions that are irrelevant to the discussion and add nothing to it. Which is typical for your posts across the board. 

Lol how the **** are those questions irrelevant? Yet another wackjob in the baseball forum getting defensive and angwy because he knows his "logic" is garbage. Getting indignant does not make your precious opinion any more sound or reasoned, if anything it shows that you're aware your opinion is based on nonsense you can't actually defend.

What is with these hypocritcal little babies in the baseball forum? You whine like little girls about how I act like my sh*t doesn't stink, meanwhile you have your precious opinions questioned, not even criticized yet, and *immediately* launch into a limpdick tirade about how precious they are and questioning them is mean. You immeeeediiiiiately went into full defense lol, transparently and solely to get ahead of knowing you're just being a homer with giant, easily exposed holes in your opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Good lord get over yourself. 

Says the baby boy who immediately goes into chimp sh*t slinging over a couple questions....Seriously, when did it become fashionable again to be proudly dumb?

8 hours ago, JohnJ said:

The bigger deal than dumb is the amount of pride involved in saying uninformed things. Even here, the entire reason your post there exists is butthurt over a gwudge you have. Modern baseball statistics and moneyball lol

Walker for Segura is an interesting trade I like for both teams. Segura's an add for the Mariners, the D'Backs add another young arm with a high ceiling to go with Goldschmidt, Pollock, Lamb, and a couple of young versatile players in Owings and Drury. 

I wonder what the Braves would want for Teheran, Garcia, and Akeel Morris. I like what they're doing in collecting veteran arms from first division teams on low commit deals. It'll make them interesting before shipping all of those guys at the deadline.

I really like what Houston has done this offseason. They really are stacked. 

Sick get by the Red Sox in Sale. I want them to turn and deal Eduardo Rodriguez to the Cubs now. White Sox did fine - Moncada is arguably the top prospect out there, Kopech is a healthy power arm, Basabe is a young switch hitter with aptitude and some tools....

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Right? Eaton is a nice player... a younger Brett Gardner, but they gave up a ton. Makes me wonder what the Yankees can actually get for Gardner.

Much less...Gardner's close to a decade older and more expensive. 

The Nats did well in that trade. Eaton's a legitimately good player and the headliner is a pre-injured pitcher. Giolito lost me at the TJ surgery. Lopez is a nice grab for the White a Sox on the back end THO. 

Steal on Jansen, ****in Dodgers. I know by Steamer projections on FanGraphs they are basically neck and neck with the Cubs. Steamer is kind of lame, but they haven't released the Dodgers' ZiPS yet so that is what's out there. 

Shucks on Jansen for the Cubs, but plenty of offseason to go. Most of the NL Central teams are set up to be active. The Cardinals have some money to spend in FA, the Cubs and Pirates have lots to trade, and the Reds have some high quality talent to sell in trades. Even the Brewers will almost undoubtedly trade Braun as a pretty big move.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company