Sign in to follow this  
SenorGato

2016-2017 Non-Cubs/Yankees/Mets Free Agency and Off-season

4 years, 52 million for Reddick.   He slugged 405 with a whopping 10 HR.   That's crazy to me.

He's 29, and has hit 20 HR once in the last 5 years.

Trout gets MVP on a team with 74 wins. 

Edit, Reddick basically same contract as Gardner, so probably  not that bad, just seems high.   But I'm old and cheap.

16 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Another thread of this? Jesus. 

Seriously, you guy are making this un readable. 

14 hours ago, JohnJ said:

It'll be interesting to see how that goes for Manny, Vlad, and Ivan. Manny is in the Bonds boat: good enough to get in without the PED's but with the PED stain.

Vlad should get in.

IRod was a great defensive catcher, but is one of the poster boy for roids. He went from from a little guy to the Hulk and back down again. Similarly to Brett Boone. Don't believe IRod hit like an HOFer other than the time frame when he was obviously bulked up.

IMO it's Vlad and Manny out of this class but don't expect Manny get to any love at all.

Vlad is one of the most under rated players.   Guy had a cannon arm, won MVP, won a WS, 318 career hitter with 400+ home runs who never struck out 90 times in a season.

Also, could hit literally any pitch, thrown any where.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Vlad should definitely be in. Not sur if first ballot, but he belongs.

As much as he was known as a free swinger, he did not strike out that much. I don't think that he ever had a season over 100 whiffs. In this day, that would be considered phenomenal. 

His power and average combo along with speed early in his career should make him a lock. He was one of the 2 or 3 most dominant in his position for the era. I also believe him to be clean

He had 5 top 6 finishes in the MVP.   He was 1 HR way from going 40/40.   He had arguably the best arm while he was in Montreal.  To your point, he never struck out 100 times, he struck out over 90 once, over 80 one other time.  His career OPS is 931, and that's with his last 4 years dragging him down.

If he played in NY on the Yankees, he'd have a plaque already.

• Upvote 1

On 11/22/2016 at 8:07 AM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Didn't he hit a ball that hit the ground and bounced before the plate once?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Thankfully, the new CBA determines home field advantage for WS by awarding it to the team that has the most wins in regular season. I have not read what happens in case of a tie in that record.

That rule Selig put in about the All Star Game was one of the stupidest things I can ever think of. 

Literally, some dude on the Marlins could make an error that lets some guy on the A's score, and the Cubs don't get Home Field for best record.   Moronic.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

or the Mets ;)

Due for a rebound this year.  Everyone can't get hurt again.  Mets win 93+ games, in the playoffs.   My early prediction.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company