If You Think This Year Was Bad, Don't Look At Next Year's Schedule

SAR I

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

where are the top teams outside of NE and maybe Oak? we didn't suck this year b/c of sched.  we'd suck against any sched.

Chiefs, Chargers, Falcons, Broncos?  TB on the rise, always tough to play Brees in the dome, AFC south opponent will prob be Jaguars, maybe they get a coach who can get something out that talent, and get better, oh, and Cam Newton, and the Panthers are pretty good.

But hey Browns will probably be our AFC North opponent so something to look forward to.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Chiefs, Chargers, Falcons, Broncos?  TB on the rise, always tough to play Brees in the dome, AFC south opponent will prob be Jaguars, maybe they get a coach who can get something out that talent, and get better, oh, and Cam Newton, and the Panthers are pretty good.

But hey Browns will probably be our AFC North opponent so something to look forward to.

chiefs are ok

SD isn't good

Atl is always hit or miss

Den has great D

NO is mediocre

TB is mediocre

a lot can change btw now and next season, some of these teams may be really good that we we think will suck and some that we think will suck will be really good.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:
2017 Regular Season 
Home Away
Kansas City Chiefs Denver Broncos
San Diego Chargers Oakland Raiders
Atlanta Falcons New Orleans Saints
Carolina Panthers Tampa Bay Buccaneers 
AFC South Same Place Finisher AFC North Same Place Finisher
New England Patriots (Div.) New England Patriots (Div.)
Miami Dolphins (Div.) Miami Dolphins (Div.)
Buffalo Bills (Div.) Buffalo Bills (Div.)

We might go 3-5 at home, probably 3-5 on the road too.

SAR I

Enough to fire some Bowels?

25 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

chiefs are ok - They are like 17-2 or something in their last 19. Thats more than "OK". 

SD isn't good - Maybe. At least they compete. 

Atl is always hit or miss - Still better than us...

Den has great D

NO is mediocre

TB is mediocre

a lot can change btw now and next season, some of these teams may be really good that we we think will suck and some that we think will suck will be really good.

So yeah, we are truly effed next year...and we don't have the conquering hero either (as if that helped). 

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Woo-hoo! Top 5 pick in 2018! Who are we taking?

And by that, I mean which DE/DT, DB, TE, or maybe LT are we taking? Also which great QB will we be passing on while we continue to "groom" Hackenberg or whatever bust we take with a #1/#2 pick in 2017?

Maybe Leo will fall into our lap again? 

4 hours ago, SAR I said:
2017 Regular Season 
Home Away

SAR I

Let me guess - we play the Patriots twice.  

9 minutes ago, j4jets said:

So yeah, we are truly effed next year...and we don't have the conquering hero either (as if that helped). 

KC scares no one.

SD competes enough to lose most games, they are fools good w/ that overrated fantasy QB

they are better than us and we were better than them last year and better than them when we faced them a few years ago where we beat them, w/ rookie Geno on the road.

the sched will not doom us, us being bad like this year will but there's a long way to go btw now and next year and things can change quickly in this league.

We have the perfect opportunity to do this right.  3 wins this year, 2 wins in 2017, 2 or 3 wins in 2018, 4 or 5 wins in 2019 and then, we can think about being competitive in 2020.

There should not be one move made if it cannot benefit us in 2020.  

Any more then 2 or 3 wins in the next 2 seasons is an detriment to this rebuilding process.

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We have the perfect opportunity to do this right.  3 wins this year, 2 wins in 2017, 2 or 3 wins in 2018, 4 or 5 wins in 2019 and then, we can think about being competitive in 2020.

Any more then 2 or 3 wins in the next 2 seasons is an detriment to this rebuilding process.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Woo-hoo! Top 5 pick in 2018! Who are we taking?

And by that, I mean which DE/DT, DB, TE, or maybe LT are we taking? Also which great QB will we be passing on while we continue to "groom" Hackenberg or whatever bust we take with a #1/#2 pick in 2017?

Lamar Jackson

7 hours ago, SAR I said:
2017 Regular Season 
Home Away

SAR I

As long as we don't play a stopgap veteran and try to build with a young guy, I can live with it.  Gotta keep trying until we find our Derek Carr or Russell Wilson who can bring long-term hope to the franchise.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Dumbest post I've seen across any sports forum.  Congrats.  That's quite an accomplishment.

1 hour ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Schedule Shmedule.er

Once again a meaningless discussion because

1. Everybody in our division plays the exact same schedule except for two of 16 games

And

2. There is a 90% chance that at least two teams that look tough now will be crap in 2017 and vice versa

We don't get to play the Jets though, a guaranteed two more wins.

Archived