If You Think This Year Was Bad, Don't Look At Next Year's Schedule

SAR I

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The schedule is not that bad. It depends who is under center. If they sign a guy(Kirk Cousins pleeeezzzzz) who can actually throw the football and Decker/ Marshall are our receivers I think this team can be competitive. I will not predict the record because of injuries etc. If Petty is the QB lets just say HOLY MOTHER ******* sh*t!!

22 hours ago, SAR I said:
2017 Regular Season 
Home Away
Kansas City Chiefs Denver Broncos
San Diego Chargers Oakland Raiders
Atlanta Falcons New Orleans Saints
Carolina Panthers Tampa Bay Buccaneers 
AFC South Same Place Finisher AFC North Same Place Finisher
New England Patriots (Div.) New England Patriots (Div.)
Miami Dolphins (Div.) Miami Dolphins (Div.)
Buffalo Bills (Div.) Buffalo Bills (Div.)

We might go 3-5 at home, probably 3-5 on the road too.

SAR I

You think about it, ANY team in the NFL on the schedule is a tough game for these Jets.

This schedule does not look that bad in the light of day, 10 wins if can they find a DC, QB, OT, OG, TE, CB, S, and OLB in the offseason;

Kansas City Chiefs - aging team and coach who should be getting bored (window closed?)

San Diego Chargers - Rivers getting older, no team around him  (window closed?)

Atlanta Falcons  - home vs a dome team, hope it is a December game  

Carolina Panthers - A moody Cam under the big lights in New York 

Probably the Jaguars at home - with a new rookie QB and new coaching staff

Miami Dolphins (Div.) - Tanny running out of money

Buffalo Bills (Div.) - last year or rebuilding year after Rex

New England Patriots (Div.) - cheaters

*Six (6) wins for the PSL investors

Away 

Denver Broncos - they still need to find a QB

Oakland Raiders - always a tough road trip and they will get better - L

New Orleans Saints - Brees will be 50 and still throw for 300 but they have no defense either - W

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 

Probably the Browns who will field a rookie team

Miami Dolphins (Div.) - Tanny running out of money

Buffalo Bills (Div.) - last year or rebuilding year after Rex

New England Patriots (Div.) - cheaters

*4-6 wins on the road - assuming division split advantage to the home team

13 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

That was a long term deal for Neil O'Donnell at about $25m, Fitz was a 1 year deal for only $12m so the Jets are improving every 20 years, 2036 should be our year (yes, most of us will be dead)

Crazy thing is O'Donnel was a way better QB than Fitz ever was

20 hours ago, AFJF said:

A bit early to be throwing in the towel for next season, no?

Wow.  There are 4 cornerstones of a successful franchise.  QB. LT. CB. Edge rusher.

Which of those do you see on the Jets?  It will take 4 years just to fix the Jets O-Line.  See Oakland and Dallas.

This franchise needs to blow the whole thing up, hopefully win 3 games or less in 2017. Then rinse and repeat for 2018.  Build for 2020 and beyond.

And I am going to keep my new avatar for anybody around here that is going to go STB crazy during the "fraud agency" signing periods.

24 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Wow.  There are 4 cornerstones of a successful franchise.  QB. LT. CB. Edge rusher.

Which of those do you see on the Jets?  It will take 4 years just to fix the Jets O-Line.  See Oakland and Dallas.

This franchise needs to blow the whole thing up, hopefully win 3 games or less in 2017. Then rinse and repeat for 2018.  Build for 2020 and beyond.

And I am going to keep my new avatar for anybody around here that is going to go STB crazy during the "fraud agency" signing periods.

I don't know that I'd put LT in there anymore. More important to have an overall solid line than a particular strength at LT. It's preferable (duh) but not a prerequisite. CB... again, if we have one killer corner (e.g. Revis of old) a decent offense can still effectively gameplan around him  

Really it's just QB and edge rusher, in that order, with edge rusher a distant second. The QB can hide so many ills in so many areas. Without one, you basically need solid to great units everywhere else, as well as coaching, and a team is still likely to come up short in the end. 

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

I don't know that I'd put LT in there anymore. More important to have an overall solid line than a particular strength at LT. It's preferable (duh) but not a prerequisite. CB... again, if we have one killer corner (e.g. Revis of old) a decent offense can still effectively gameplan around him  

Really it's just QB and edge rusher, in that order, with edge rusher a distant second. The QB can hide so many ills in so many areas. Without one, you basically need solid to great units everywhere else, as well as coaching, and a team is still likely to come up short in the end. 

Agree to an extent.  Hence why I said the O-line as a whole is a 4 year rebuild.   Successful teams need an O-Line.

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Agree to an extent.  Hence why I said the O-line as a whole is a 4 year rebuild.   Successful teams need an O-Line.

I actually like the way Wesley Johnson and Ijalana have played this year.

Jets OL has been pretty solid. Better than I or others thought it would be. I think Mauldin has a chance if he keeps getting playing time. I would of course look for upgrades, but I think those two are less important than the other two.

QB and CB

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

It certainly helps. But then look at the Seahawks. I don't think they've had a good line since before they drafted Russell Wilson. 

I was just saying having a top notch LT specifically isn't quite the big deal it's made out to be. 

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It certainly helps. But then look at the Seahawks. I don't think they've had a good line since before they drafted Russell Wilson. 

I was just saying having a top notch LT specifically isn't quite the big deal it's made out to be. 

Hard to win a SB with no running game.  The Seahawks will need Rawls if they hope to win another. 

And Marshawn Lynch didn't gain all those yards by himself. 

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

Hard to win a SB with no running game.  The Seahawks will need Rawls if they hope to win another. 

And Marshawn Lynch didn't gain all those yards by himself. 

Dual threat QBs - particularly good ones like Wilson - often make it easier for RBs. Their OL was pretty bad for a SB team. Carpenter wasn't nearly as good as he is today; plus Breno; plus Okung was always banged up & never lived up to his draft status; plus Sweezy; McQuistan is more versatile than awesome. They had a good center but even he fully missed 10 games in their 2nd SB season. 

No RB gains all his yards on his own, but there's a reason he was so valued by the team & it wasn't just compiling behind a really good line. 

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Dual threat QBs - particularly good ones like Wilson - often make it easier for RBs. Their OL was pretty bad for a SB team. Carpenter wasn't nearly as good as he is today; plus Breno; plus Okung was always banged up & never lived up to his draft status; plus Sweezy; McQuistan is more versatile than awesome. They had a good center but even he fully missed 10 games in their 2nd SB season. 

No RB gains all his yards on his own, but there's a reason he was so valued by the team & it wasn't just compiling behind a really good line. 

If the war room listened to Terry Broadway, Wilson would be a Jet.

Or if they listened to me they would have given Tennessee anything they wanted, probably thrown in an extra for good measure, and Mariota would be a Jet.

29 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

If the war room listened to Terry Broadway, Wilson would be a Jet.

Or if they listened to me they would have given Tennessee anything they wanted, probably thrown in an extra for good measure, and Mariota would be a Jet.

No doubt. The former wasn't happening in round 2; a month after extending Sanchez for the next 5 years and picking up Tebow like a week later. 

This ****ing team. 

16 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No doubt. The former wasn't happening in round 2; a month after extending Sanchez for the next 5 years and picking up Tebow like a week later. 

This ****ing team. 

I think they draft Wilson if Woody doesn't give the order to go get Tebow once it became obvious he was done in Denver.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

They game has changed the last several years.   Quarterbacks are quickpassing it every play thanks to everything getting called holding now.

The days of Dan Marino and Vinny Testaverde holding the ball for 10 minutes are long gone.

2 hours ago, drdetroit said:

I think they draft Wilson if Woody doesn't give the order to go get Tebow once it became obvious he was done in Denver.

Agree that was a bad decision but it was made worse since Rex did not even play Tebow, Sanchez deserved to be benched so fair to assume he would not have played Wilson?

47 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Agree that was a bad decision but it was made worse since Rex did not even play Tebow, Sanchez deserved to be benched so fair to assume he would not have played Wilson?

Rex played Tebow but in the Brad Smith role.  The reason Tebow never started at qb that year was he played horrible in the preseason and showed he had no grasp of the offense.

56 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

You should listen to what Westhoff had said about Tebow.  They brought him in and played him in practice and were totally amazed at how shltty he was, how completely incompetent he was in practice.  Was obvious that he had no position on the team where he wasnt a liability

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This ****ing team. 

then they draft a big kid with a golden arm and decide not to coach him for a year, lol

5 hours ago, Larz said:

then they draft a big kid with a golden arm and decide not to coach him for a year, lol

Well, golden arm strength anyway, but yeah.

It's OK to spend some $150,000,000 on players that get the team a handful of wins all season long. But getting a raw, rookie QB - or even each young/raw backup QB - an additional QBC for single-digit thousands per week, to continually work with him from the draft onward? That would be just nuts.

Hardly seems worth the effort, or the hundred grand or so, which is why we shrewdly cut off his development until after his rookie season ended, just like Petty before him. 

11 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I actually like the way Wesley Johnson and Ijalana have played this year.

Jets OL has been pretty solid. Better than I or others thought it would be. I think Mauldin has a chance if he keeps getting playing time. I would of course look for upgrades, but I think those two are less important than the other two.

QB and CB

Completely agree the oline has been better than expected and we have some pieces to work with. But we need more for a bruising line. I know Mac is correctly all about BPA, but I expect us to draft cb, oline, and safety in the draft. 

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Think about it, this statement is wrong.  Just whiny

Not whiny, how many games this year did we dominate in? We're just not a good team this year. We are what our record is.

Don't mean I don't love them or root for them every week.  

9 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Rex played Tebow but in the Brad Smith role.  The reason Tebow never started at qb that year was he played horrible in the preseason and showed he had no grasp of the offense.

I know and I am not a Tebow fan but the way Sanchez played that year they had nothing to lose by giving Tebow the start in Nashville, Tebow beat Rex and the Steelers defense after terrible practices and no knowledge of the offense in Denver so why not throw him out there 

2 hours ago, jackhuntr said:

Not whiny, how many games this year did we dominate in? We're just not a good team this year. We are what our record is.

Don't mean I don't love them or root for them every week.  

Whiny.  Next year is completely different than this year.  Just as it was different from last year.  

Crying that next year is over today is whiny.  And dumb.  

Archived