2018 NFL Draft: Jake Browning. QB, Washington.

Villain The Foe

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

The kid from USC is the guy to dump 2018 for if that's the plan.

This guy was the opposite of my comments about Browning.  I saw Darnold in a couple games and was impressed.  He was not totally perfect but there is something there for sure.

On 12/6/2016 at 6:00 PM, Lupz27 said:

Agreed. Either way tanking 2018 is the way to go, i hate saying that but next years class is going to have some top end franchise QBs, this years class stinks. If i had to rate the QBs coming out right now for 2018 it would be:

1.  Sam Darnold, QB, USC

2.  Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

3.  Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville

4.  Jake Browning, QB, Washington

I like all four of these prospects more than any QB in the entire 2017 class. These ratings obviously will change based on each of their play next season but either way these 4 QBs are big time prospects and is def. a reason to end up with hopefully a top 3 pick in the 2018 draft to grab one of them, who will hopefully finally be the answer at QB for this franchise.

The 2017 draft should be used to start improving the o-line before grabbing the QB the following year.

24 minutes ago, LamarJackson2017 said:

Agreed. Either way tanking 2018 is the way to go, i hate saying that but next years class is going to have some top end franchise QBs, this years class stinks. If i had to rate the QBs coming out right now for 2018 it would be:

1.  Sam Darnold, QB, USC

2.  Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

I like all four of these prospects more than any QB in the entire 2017 class. These ratings obviously will change based on each of their play next season but either way these 4 QBs are big time prospects and is def. a reason to end up with hopefully a top 3 pick in the 2018 draft to grab one of them, who will hopefully finally be the answer at QB for this franchise.

The 2017 draft should be used to start improving the o-line before grabbing the QB the following year.

I agree with everything, except Lamar Jackson. I dont think he'll be good or be in the NFL for long. The other 3 though are all worth tanking for and if we can stay in the top 10 we should be able to pick one of those guys without trading up (hopefully). But even if we have to trade up for one, so be it.

27 minutes ago, LamarJackson2017 said:

1.  Sam Darnold, QB, USC

2.  Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

Josh Rosen stinks, Jackson is a WR who can throw.

On 12/8/2016 at 10:31 AM, LamarJackson2017 said:

1.  Sam Darnold, QB, USC

2.  Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

If Kizer goes back to school (and he should), he's probably the best QB in 2018. 

Browning is smoke & mirrors. He does not have close to an NFL level arm. I mean this guy has a complete baby arm. He regularly underthrew receivers and was bailed out by them a lot. Once people actually have something invested this will come out.

On 12/14/2016 at 0:03 PM, PepPep said:

How is there no mention of J.Rosen out of UCLA??? 

Just curious. It seems to me like he is the guy you want to target in the 2018 draft if you are looking for a prototypical Franchise QB. 

Rosen has yet to live up to his billing as a generational prospect. Granted his receivers were at the time the tops in the nation at drop % and he only had 1 exceptional lineman in Conor McDermott, even before his injury he showed many warts in his game. Now he has to rebound from an injury to his throwing shoulder. He definitely needs to prove it to me.

On 12/8/2016 at 9:31 AM, LamarJackson2017 said:

1.  Sam Darnold, QB, USC

2.  Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

It's really not that good of a list. Darnold is the only one that looks like a stud. Browning might barely get drafted. His arm strength is HORRIFIC. Rosen still has questions to answer. He wasn't getting much help from his team, but even his moments of brilliance I didn't feel like I was watching a generational prospect. He might still be that guy, but next year is a "prove it" kind of deal to me. Jackson has immense potential, but is a HUGE project. I don't see him on the level of passer as this year's top QB prospects, and this year's top passers are receiving mixed reviews as it is.

If everything continues as it does, Josh Allen from Wyoming will be the 2nd QB to look out for behind Darnold. 

• 1 year later...
On 12/6/2016 at 6:00 PM, Lupz27 said:

On 12/6/2016 at 9:29 PM, maury77 said:

Darnold is a baller, I think he will be the best prospect in the 2018 class. 

On 12/7/2016 at 10:12 AM, Beerfish said:

This guy was the opposite of my comments about Browning.  I saw Darnold in a couple games and was impressed.  He was not totally perfect but there is something there for sure.

On 12/8/2016 at 10:31 AM, LamarJackson2017 said:

1.  Sam Darnold, QB, USC

2.  Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

Yeah baby we got are man!

Archived