Bowles: Fitz to start Sunday vs. NE

jetscrazey

14 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Give this game and Indy to Fitz and if we lose both of them then start Petty. 

He doesn't deserve to play even one more snap.  Let alone a game.  Two games is insanity.

Then to say Petty should play only if we lose the next two makes no sense.  Wins and losses mean nothing at this point.

We're either playing to get better and see what we have, or we're wasting time with Fitz.  The only benefit to playing Fitz is that it would hopefully increase the likelihood of Bowles being fired.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I don't want Bowles fired but......

He is an idiot!!!!

An Idiot!!!!

The idea put out by Bowles' own estimation that Fitz knows more than Petty and that is why we start him is preposterous.  Well Joe Namath knows more than Fitz but we can't put him out there either because he can't EXECUTE!!

And guess what neither can Fitz.....  EXECUTE!!!!

Fitz is playing awfully... AWFULLY....

Under this rationale Petty will never start unless Stevie Wonder is on the bench waiting to QB the Jets......

What a joke!!!

Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

No I don't want Bowles fired but......

He is an idiot!!!!

An Idiot!!!!

The idea put out by Bowles' own estimation that Fitz knows more than Petty and that is why we start him is preposterous.  Well Joe Namath knows more than Fitz but we can't put him because he can't EXECUTE!!

And guess what neither can Fitz.....  EXECUTE!!!!

Fitz is playing awfully... AWFULLY....

Under this rationale Petty will never start unless Stevie Wonder is on the bench waiting to QB the Jets......

What a joke!!!

Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Thanks......That actually made me laugh.

I could clearly see your name sake saying that.  LOL :)

5 hours ago, Ken Shroy said:

Maybe, but "with all we know about Bowles" would you accept their assessment of ANY player right now, especially the QB position?

NOT me.

This! How ANYONE can take this fools assessment of a player's ability seriously is totally beyond me.  

16 minutes ago, flgreen said:

LOL

Thanks......That actually made me laugh.

I could clearly see your name sake saying that.  LOL :)

Thank you....

I totally lost a rationale for Bowles when he said last week on the Michael Kay Show that they may bring back Fitz as the starter.................

After this year they shouldn't bring Fitz back even if he paid them to start!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And to top it off Bowles refused to come on the air today... Yea that makes sense...

Just utter madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach Bowles only cares what he and others in the building care what's best for the team. Doesn't care about the media or fans thinks what's best. Sticking to his convictions no matter what is written or said. Dowsnt care about simw stupid website calling foenhim to be fired. There is something to be said about that.

4 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Coach Bowles only cares what he and others in the building care what's best for the team. Doesn't care about the media or fans thinks what's best. Sticking to his convictions no matter what is written or said. Dowsnt care about simw stupid website calling foenhim to be fired. There is something to be said about that.

Ugh.

Playing the worst QB in the NFL, who will not be here next year, who gimps our young WR's by not being able to cater to their strengths, is NOT best for the team. 

4-12 and 6-10 both look like sh-t.  The difference is the latter puts you in a worse position in early May.

43 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

He doesn't deserve to play even one more snap.  Let alone a game.  Two games is insanity.

Then to say Petty should play only if we lose the next two makes no sense.  Wins and losses mean nothing at this point.

We're either playing to get better and see what we have, or we're wasting time with Fitz.  The only benefit to playing Fitz is that it would hopefully increase the likelihood of Bowles being fired.

No just playing to win games. I don't care about next season. It's possible our 2017 starting Qb isn't on the roster. All the negative stuff you're saying about Fitz you said the same thing before the season started. 

9 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

But that's the point to my post. He doesn't care about my or your opinion. He's going to stand by his convictions no matter what

I got ya.  Just steamed that he's taking this position.  It's crazy.

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

No just playing to win games. I don't care about next season. It's possible our 2017 starting Qb isn't on the roster. All the negative stuff you're saying about Fitz you said the same thing before the season started. 

Thanks, but I can't take all the credit.  There were a few others who saw that Fitz sucked too.

Though you mention our 2017 starting QB may not be on the roster.  You're absolutely correct (for once :P ).  Wouldn't you like to find out?

Not gonna figure that out if Petty and Hack don't play.

Just now, Mike135 said:

Well Macc signed him.  So he can't really bitch.  Woody on the other hand can.  Really hope he flips out on those two idiots.

true, but i got to think the gm who drafted petty and hack wants to see if they are the real deal. he said bowles has final say on all personnel decisions. if i am the gm of a 3-7 team im looking towards the future. this moves reeks of a coach in survival mode.  bowles wants to win 1 or 2 more games to justify him getting a third season

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Ugh.

Playing the worst QB in the NFL, who will not be here next year, who gimps our young WR's by not being able to cater to their strengths, is NOT best for the team. 

4-12 and 6-10 both look like sh-t.  The difference is the latter puts you in a worse position in early May.

You were calling people overreacting whiners for wanting this exact thing 2 years ago.

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You were calling people overreacting whiners for wanting this exact thing 2 years ago.

Actually I wanted Idzik gone.  The overreactions were those calling Rex the worst coach in the history of organized sports.  Say what you will but there's no way in hell Rex is 3-7 with this team.

10 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

He's a goner.... No coming back from this.

if he's a goner why is he allowed to make decisions about our future. i'm sure a better record looks better for Bowles but does nothing for our future, a future which he won't be part of. now we have a situation where we're possibly paying Fitz 12 Mil to ruin us tanking, a scenario that could only happen at the f****** Jets

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Actually I wanted Idzik gone.  The overreactions were those calling Rex the worst coach in the history of organized sports.  Say what you will but there's no way in hell Rex is 3-7 with this team.

No it wasn't. You called everyone overreacing whiners in the wake of beating Tennessee because we blew our shot at Mariota after that game.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

This "statistically worst QB" stuff is distorted by the brutal Kansas City anomaly, take away that game, he's on par for his career totals.

SAR I

Yeah, because his career totals are worst ever worthy

Except he's been brutally bad all season.  He has single handedly brought this team down.  His inability to convert points in the red zone is the Jets biggest fail of 2016.  

Period

The team needs a coaching reset.  Bowles decision to start Fitzpatrick when the team isn't going to make the playoffs is just plain terrible.  Petty needs to be evaluated.  At this point it's about the future of the team.  Fitzpatrick is not the answer.  If he made the decision to start Fitz to make some players in the locker room happy, or to try and win a few more games to save his job, then that's uncalled for.  Bottom line is Bowles is proving this season that he is not a quality NFL head coach.  Too many poor decisions.  This team needs to bring in a head coach that is experienced on both sides of the ball.  Bowles is a defensive guy who doesn't have a clue about offense.  Rex was the same way.  Get a coach in here that gives a crap about the offense.  I don't even care if it's another defensive minded coach - as long as he understands offense and actually cares about that aspect of his team.  While we're at, it get an offensive coordinator in here that utilizes the tight end. If used properly, the tight end can be used as an effective offensive weapon. We all watch the games.  We see productive NFL tight ends.  Our offensive coordinator acts as if the position is obsolete. 

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Rarely perhaps, but it's going to matter now more than ever. 

SAR I

Actually that makes no sense.  Why now more than ever?  One team usually gets to a player, makes a bloated offer and the player signs while the offer is there.  Nothing changes and the big bump to the cap won't hurt that approach.   

15 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

No it wasn't. You called everyone overreacing whiners in the wake of beating Tennessee because we blew our shot at Mariota after that game.

Must have been a result of frustration from having read weeks of assaults on Rex.

8 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

Maybe he's starting Fitz because he figures the Patriots game might be a blowout and he doesn't want to ruin Petty's confidence.

The Pats D isn't anything special.  LA was probably a tougher matchup if the worry is about a young QB's confidence.  

Heck, no one in their right mind thinks the Jets should be able to actually win, so there'd be very little pressure on Petty.  

Win or lose, Petty starting is a win for the Jets and fans.

Win or lose, Fitz starting is a loss for the Jets and fans.

I was honestly looking forward to this game.  I was in the middle of moving, but I made sure to get my cable on Saturday so I could watch this one, and now I'm not going to even bother, rather un-box stuff than watch Fitz throw up lobs to covered receivers.  

It's not really the expectation that Petty was going to lead us to a win.  Even a very good game by him wouldn't lead us to victory, because the Pats are very good, and we'd have to get extremely lucky to be in the game.  However, I really wanted to see the chess match between him and the Pats defense, because they are renown for disguising looks and confusing QBs.  They aren't blitz heavy like Rex, but they give a lot of looks to QBs, so I really wanted to see how he adjusted to it.  We already know the physical skills, it's the mental part that is the question mark with him, his ability to read defenses at the line, and go through progressions quickly.  Last week, the Rams D-line is very stout, so it was easier to see us rely more on quick passing than anything else, but this would have been a good match up.  

I've thought about this for awhile now, and I still can't fathom why Fitz is the starter.  He could light the league on fire (best case scenario for starting him) and we wouldn't go anywhere.  He could continue to be horrible (most likely scenario) and we lose time to look at Petty for an extended period of time.  At some point, you have to give your youth a shot at playing, instead of sticking by veterans that are clearly under-performing.  

This reminds me of Rex's last year when he ran the ball against Miami on MNF 1000 times, wouldn't let Geno throw at all. That was basically a f.uck you to management because he knew he was going to get fired.

Bowles probably caught credible word that his time is up at seasons end, and this is his hissy fit.

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

This reminds me of Rex's last year when he ran the ball against Miami on MNF 1000 times, wouldn't let Geno throw at all. That was basically a f.uck you to management because he knew he was going to get fired.

Bowles probably caught credible word that his time is up at seasons end, and this is his hissy fit.

Well at least that's good news.  About time something positive came from this wasted season.

Archived