Bowles: Fitz to start Sunday vs. NE

jetscrazey

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Since you don't go to home games, that's not much of a give.

SAR I

SAR I you have no clue what I do I can be at every home game if I want to be in the LL lever way better seats than yours. 

I wont be until Fitzpatrick and Bowles are gone. 

Enjoy the game on Sunday. 

Oh thats right you SOLD THE TICKETS TO PATRIOTS FANS. 

My neighbor who may not go and after this news will NEVER SELL THE TICKETS he will eat them unlike you it ISNT ABOUT THE MONEY FOR HIM. 

joewilly12 

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If the Jets had any Qb's better than Fitz, they wouldn't have re-signed Fitz. It's not Bowles' fault that these other QB's suck. 

That's BS when Fitz just got here he was in same boat Petty is now...no practice reps, no competition and Brandon wanting Geno

maybe if they had a little completion Geno would not have been such a cocky bitch and maybe he would not have been punched

19 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

No this further pushes off the inevitable deep rebuild. Sick of 38 year old QB's every time we need a bandaid.

Note that none of us alive has ever experienced this "deep rebuild" of which you speak.  Frankly, looking at this year and last year, I don't think anyone in this market has patience for it.  The Mets sucked for what, 6 years waiting for Alderson to do it right?  The Broncos were a doormat for 6 years before they signed Manning.  The Raiders?  Nothing for 13 years until now.

Woody Johnson's regimes have always simultaneously went after young QB's in the draft and signed a name free agent.  That seems to be the formula that works in New York.  Skirts the pain of a full rebuild, often produces fun seasons where we make the playoffs.

SAR I

Hard to see, hard to understand, the basis of this decision beyond Bowles praying for a CYA end of the season and that a 7-9 record might save his diminishing prospects of keeping his job.

Frankly, it's also hard to see how Bowles could think Fitz gives him the best chance of CYA'ing, given how poorly he played, unless he plans to "see what sh*t Macc gave me Woody, come on!" as his defense next offseason.

Either way, this team (and it's leadership) which started out so brightly, looks very VERY tarnished now.  It's amazing, how far and how fast we've fallen, but I belivee a mjorityu here would now like to see the 2nd year Head Coach fired, and the GM either put on the hotseat or fired as well.

Amazing, SOJ.

So basically the team just admitted to the world that they have zero belief that Petty is the future QB of this franchise. Concurrently, Bowles just exposed himself as a moron once and for all and just signed, sealed, and delivered his ticket out of town three seconds after the season ends. There's absolutely no reason to watch this team for the rest of the year.  Every year  - same clown car, different idiots driving.

those fitz mac and bowles defenders remember u wanted these guys -pull up a chair and watch what u wished for

fit is a jag always was too-

bowles is clueless out there

mac is terrible too-he signed some awful contracts and his drafts so far are terrible(two years out they will be just like izadick with one starter left-Williams)

an organization no matter what it is starts from the top down-we have a terrible owner a terrible gm and a terrible coach-no surprise we suck

the only good thing woody ever did was hire parcells as at least there we had a track record of winning

4 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

So basically the team just admitted to the world that they have zero belief that Petty is the future QB of this franchise. Concurrently, Bowles just exposed himself as a moron once and for all and just signed, sealed, and delivered his ticket out of town three seconds after the season ends. There's absolutely no reason to watch this team for the rest of the year.  Every year  - same clown car, different idiots driving.

That's the naive view.

The correct view is that the roster is underachieving and dysfunctional and instead of validating a QB that has less than 10% chance to be our franchise guy we are validating 52 men, their coordinators, and their coaches to see who is all-in on our future and who is a gutless quitter.

Naming Fitzpatrick the starter is Woody's choice.  And he's choosing the validation of the roster and the HC over the longshot QB.  I can't say I blame him.

SAR I

So our head coach is worried that players making millions won't try hard if Bryce Petty is playing over Fitzpatrick? The fact that Bowles' is even worried about this tells you everything you need to know about him and the players he's responsible for. This team is a dumpster fire from the top down.

30 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You are acting like he's the first HC to find himself with a crappy QB situation. Bowles is not entirely at fault for this season, but he has an obligation to do what is best for the organization. Starting Fitz is not the right move. Winning with Fitz would prove nothing since Fitz is gone at the end of the year. 

Is Fitz marginally better than Petty? Maybe, but don't kid yourself into thinking that there is some huge gap in ability between Fitz and Petty. There isn't. 

What's best for the organization would be to win games before this season ends. I don't buy that losing out with Petty or Hack is a positive step forward for the Jets. 

41 minutes ago, bitonti said:

there's a fine line between "seeing what a guy has" and ruining a young QB by playing him too soon.

If Petty or Hack loses out that doesn't prove they suck it proves they weren't ready.  

in his brief action petty hasn't looked like someone who isn't ready to play.  That doesn't mean he's good or will be but the game hasn't looked too big for him so far.

28 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

and why is hackenberg here?  

To give fans hope? Maybe he's so raw that they could easily justify keeping him on the sideline for 2 years. During these 2 years, it can be argued that he's not a bust, that he's making improvements, and that he's the franchise QB of the future. 

If you've got a better one please tell it to me.

There are a lot of reasons to go with Petty.

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

What's best for the organization would be to win games before this season ends. I don't buy that losing out with Petty or Hack is a positive step forward for the Jets. 

So, the argument, again, is that Fitzpatrick gives you a better shot at winning games, when he's already lost 6 of them with the worst QB rating in the league? You keep switching from one flawed argument to another. First is was "Fitzpatrick gives the team the best chance of winning..." when the stats say exactly the opposite. Then it's "we need to win games before the end of the year..." Well, I think Petty, really ANYONE not named Fitzpatrick, will do that for you if the rest of the team is any good at all. And if it's not any good then winning games is absolutely NOT THE BEST THING for the future of the franchise.

25 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If we give the team to Petty now he's got a bunch of de-motivated malcontents playing for him and we will always be trailing and we will not learn anything.

If I understand your logic here, do you really think that Anderson, Peake, J Marshall, Enunwa, B Powell are going to be de-motivated with Petty under center?  Yes, maybe B Marshall, but all these young guys we want to see with a QB with a big arm?  I don't see it...

24 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

ohhhh myyyy goodness............I don't get it. Is Petty that bad at practice?? If he is it brings up why did we draft him.

Bowles and Mac are just dumb and short-sighted.  Woody isn't smart or strong enough to step in and say guys this is retarded

4 minutes ago, phill1c said:

There are a lot of reasons to go with Petty.

So, the argument, again, is that Fitzpatrick gives you a better shot at winning games, when he's already lost 6 of them with the worst QB rating in the league? You keep switching from one flawed argument to another. First is was "Fitzpatrick gives the team the best chance of winning..." when the stats say exactly the opposite. Then it's "we need to win games before the end of the year..." Well, I think Petty, really ANYONE not named Fitzpatrick, will do that for you if the rest of the team is any good at all. And if it's not any good then winning games is absolutely NOT THE BEST THING for the future of the franchise.

I am not a Fitz guy but to be fair he's been responsible for maybe 2 of those losses at most.  we suck mostly b/c of the D and coaching.

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

That's short sighted. Winning out has ramifications, such as bad draft pick and harder schedule next year. Wouldn't it be great if we won out,  finished 9-7 and miss out on a franchise QB in the top 5 of the draft????

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I am not a Fitz guy but to be fair he's been responsible for maybe 2 of those losses at most.  we suck mostly b/c of the D and coaching.

delusional...except the bad coaching is putting him under center when you had better options sitting behind him.

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That's short sighted. Winning out has ramifications, such as bad draft pick and harder schedule next year. Wouldn't it be great if we won out,  finished 9-7 and miss out on a franchise QB in the top 5 of the draft????

I am not sure there is a franchise QB in the top 5. And, if there was, he would be long gone before the Jets pick.

51 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

they think they can win at least 4 of the last 6 games and finish 7-9 and give momentum to next year.  that's all this is about, false hope.

Momentum is GREAT, provided it's momentum with the QB that is starting next year. If we go 4-2 to end the season with Fitz, how good is that if Fitz is cut after the season? That momentum and good play won't help Petty/Hack

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

yes that qb rating and ints are just a mirage he really has been great-oh yeah and he plays AWESOME  on the road vs teams with winning records

Archived