Bowles: Fitz to start Sunday vs. NE

jetscrazey

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

You're seriously still riding this logic? Despite how much it has historically pounded the Jets in the ass?

They took Sanchez and Dee Milliner top 10 and Mo/Mangold at 30. Im not worried about the draft position. 

winning games is always better than losing. Winning creates a culture of winning. Losing creates a culture of losing. 

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Ha! I'm sure some fool would argue that we started out so poorly this year because of losing that last game vs Buffalo.

Possibly. In any event, the guy who lost that game is being put under center after 7 more losses and the worst QB rating in football.

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That's short sighted. Winning out has ramifications, such as bad draft pick and harder schedule next year. Wouldn't it be great if we won out,  finished 9-7 and miss out on a franchise QB in the top 5 of the draft????

Unfortunately I see us winning two more games.  We have the colts at home which we always seem to beat them even when we suck, 49ers who are a mess, and we host the Bills in week 17

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Franchise QB/Edge Rusher/stud OT.... Those types of players are harder to find with the 13th pick. 

Absolutely.

Not that Fitzpatrick would play well enough to get down to that level.

Maybe I'm being fooled. Bowles is starting Fitzpatrick because he wants to lose!!

Just now, bitonti said:

They took Sanchez and Dee Milliner top 10 and Mo/Mangold at 30. Im not worried about the draft position. 

winning games is always better than losing. Winning creates a culture of winning. Losing creates a culture of losing. 

Oh god, really? That is the best you can come up with? Because players CAN be found later in the 1st round, it doesn't matter if we draft at 5 or 15??? That is idiotic. 

Sure the Jets could find someone better at 15, but in life you play the odds. The odds say you will find a better pick at 5 than at 15. I'll stick with the math while you stick with your "lets win out and feel good about ourselves" theory. 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

This is bullsh*t narrative that has been proven time and time again to be wrong. No it isn't. No it doesn't. No it doesn't. There is zero evidence of this. Stop it.

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Winning against poor teams doesn't create a culture of winning. It just screws up your draft position. See last year.

The Patriots struggle against the pass too. This is actually a matchup Petty could have success in. I'm sure, regardless of who starts for the Jets, they'll lose by double digits.

But Petty could actually have success throwing the football in this game if he starts. I don't care if Fitz goes out there and throws for 500 yards and 4 touchdowns. I cared 2 weeks ago, it means nothing now. I want to see the guys who will be here next year play. Fitz isn't going to be here.

7 minutes ago, phill1c said:

delusional...except the bad coaching is putting him under center when you had better options sitting behind him.

again, I don't like Fitz but this notion he has sunk our season and is the main culprit couldn't be further from the truth.  he is who he is which is a mediocre QB, we aren't 3-7 b/c of him/

Just now, nyjunc said:

again, I don't like Fitz but this notion he has sunk our season and is the main culprit couldn't be further from the truth.  he is who he is which is a mediocre QB, we aren't 3-7 b/c of him/

So, being among the worst QBs in a QB-driven league isn't the main culprit?! As stupid as that sounds I'm not going to get caught up in MORE stupid argument with you on it. Believe what you want...

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Which is why Maccagnan will get no heat for any of this. And it is awesome

Sorry that is not how it works, Mac's name is painted to the jets as much as anyone whether it is his fault or not.  Ever wonder why a few guys who wee highly rated 'interviewed poorly' for the job when we got idzik?  they told woody to f off an that they wanted to be in control.

I like Mac but right now he is a glorified scout one pay grade higher.  Can't hire or fire coach, can't exert any pressure on the coach to play prospects.

He's in a bad spot because no one is going to smile and say oh it wasn't macs fault, he will get it in the neck just as soon as bowles will.

7 minutes ago, phill1c said:

You already have a Franchise QB named Bryce Petty. But you don't have a Franchise LT or RT.

Was responding to the whole - we need to know what we have as to know if we need to draft a QB. If we knew we needed a QB, we still not likely to get one this year.

We need 2 OT, an OLB, and much more. Hopefully it will be a good draft for us.

Just now, drdetroit said:

Have you watched the games?

To be fair, the Jets are the 23rd ranked offense and the 22nd ranked defense.

But, yeah, that the Jets are probably the worst 3rd-quarter scoring offense probably has a great impact along with all of those 4th-quarter INTs.

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This is true to some extent but the jets do a fabulous job of not being quite bad enough in years where it looks like there are legit franchise guys out there and being bad in years where there are no QB's.  Under certain circumstances losing is better, as for our locker room, half of these mooks checked out game one of the year.  I'd have ZERO worry about our vets getting ticked off at losing an extra game or two.

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

Was responding to the whole - we need to know what we have as to know if we need to draft a QB. If we knew we needed a QB, we still not likely to get one this year.

We need 2 OT, an OLB, and much more. Hopefully it will be a good draft for us.

Except if Captain "win meaningless games" Fitzpatrick puts us in the Jets Draft Land (15-20) again.

You're so right. We had 4 QBs on the roster, yet only an act of god allows anyone other than Fitzpatrick to play??! How moronic is that?

Just now, phill1c said:

Except if Captain "win meaningless games" Fitzpatrick puts us in the Jets Draft Land (15-20) again.

You're so right. We had 4 QBs on the roster, yet only an act of god allows anyone other than Fitzpatrick to play??! How moronic is that?

Yep; pretty dumb.

Not sure Fitz can win us more than 4 games anyway; I don't think we are likely to finish 9-7. Either way, I would trade a win or 2 for knowing what we have with Petty. Hell, let's give Hack some game reps as well. Cheap learning when the season is over.

Just now, bostonmajet said:

Yep; pretty dumb.

Not sure Fitz can win us more than 4 games anyway; I don't think we are likely to finish 9-7. Either way, I would trade a win or 2 for knowing what we have with Petty. Hell, let's give Hack some game reps as well. Cheap learning when the season is over.

You have FOUR QBs because you clearly accept that you have a scarcity of talent at the position. Yet you keep the same LOSER (guy has never been to playoffs and won't be going this year) under center long after the playoffs are a faint possibility?!

OF COURSE you should want to see if Petty can play with the big boy in your division. You already know what Fitz can do.

Again, I think they want to lose.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Maccagnan basically has no choice but to go QB round 1 next year. If Petty and hackenberg are both this bad- he needs a hail mary from a rookie QB next year to save his job. He's already whiffed on two.

We might be looking at the worst QB class in the last 2 decades this year.  Its a typical jets situation.  Have a terrible record and top 5 pick the year there are no QBs worth a top 5 pick...  Man I'm in a bad mood today.... 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Maccagnan basically has no choice but to go QB round 1 next year. If Petty and hackenberg are both this bad- he needs a hail mary from a rookie QB next year to save his job. He's already whiffed on two.

This bad?! Petty has ONE START and you're labeling him?

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Or, perhaps, this is the signal of patience we have all been waiting for and Woody realizes that it's more important to develop a head coach than a sketchy quarterback.

Look, if Bowles turns the culture around, gets a few wins, and makes the 1-5 start feel better with a 4-2 finish it helps us court free agents next year.  Petty can be validated next preseason or regular season.  There aren't any stud quarterbacks coming out, correct?  So isn't it better to finish 4-2 and knock out the Bills and Dolphins to get a shot at Romo or Cutler (or offensive linemen or edge rushers or other areas of need) than to finish 2-4 and not know much because the rest of the team has quit around Petty??

SAR I

Even from the standpoint of "turning the culture around", this makes no sense. If there's fear that vets like Mo and Revis will completely give up if you start Petty, then you start Petty to confirm which guys you go forward with and which ones you cut/trade. How on earth is starting Fitz now going to suddenly give them incentive to play hard when they weren't playing hard when Fitz started the first 8 games to begin with?

1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

We might be looking at the worst QB class in the last 2 decades this year.  Its a typical jets situation.  Have a terrible record and top 5 pick the year there are no QBs worth a top 5 pick...  Man I'm in a bad mood today.... 

Which is why the splurge last offseason to get to 10 wins on an easy schedule was a waste of time. This roster is a total mess and we're worse off than we were two years ago.

Just now, JETSfaninNE said:

We might be looking at the worst QB class in the last 2 decades this year.  Its a typical jets situation.  Have a terrible record and top 5 pick the year there are no QBs worth a top 5 pick...  Man I'm in Zbad mood today.... 

Absolutely no reason to jump ship when you need upgrades STILL all around him: RT, LT, TE, RB.

The guy has had one start, looked 'ok' and you're like "he sucks"??!!!

I guarantee a loss, I'd be shocked out of my mind if we win.  

The thing with Petty isn't his physical tools, he has a great arm, good athleticism, and a quick release.  What need to learn from his is his ability to recognize coverage, be able to go through his progressions, and adjust on the fly.  What better team to do that against than the Patriots?  So of course not, we have to have Captain Fitz lob passes to the defense instead so we can pretend the "leaders" on this team are behind this team.   

Archived