Bowles: Fitz to start Sunday vs. NE

jetscrazey

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Knowing all we know about Bowles and the Jets, why is the surprising to anyone?

The worst part of this, to me, isn't the decision that was made. The worst part is that the head coach sees way more of Petty and Hack than any of us and Petty is back to the bench in a lost season and Hack is in sweatpants every Sunday. It's pretty damning of the QBs currently on the roster not named Fitz.

this could be the reverse reaction to an organization that sent geno and sanchez out way too early, even though i think we mostly think it wouldn't have mattered.  

increasingly i get the feeling they may simply want to protect those 2 qbs as much as possible from all the crap and negativity this year, and give them a fresher new team with a better attitude (and a better OL).  

Just now, Augustiniak said:

this could be the reverse reaction to an organization that sent geno and sanchez out way too early, even though i think we mostly think it wouldn't have mattered.  

increasingly i get the feeling they may simply want to protect those 2 qbs as much as possible from all the crap and negativity this year, and give them a fresher new team with a better attitude (and a better OL).  

Possible...and, again, it could also be that they want to cement as good a draft position as possible. Make no mistake, Fitzpatrick gives the Jets the WORST chance of winning.

Just now, Mike135 said:

Really hope it's windy too.  Fitz throwing into winds similar to yesterday would be absolutely hilarious.

I just texted my wife at work about Fitz starting.  She's already said that she'll watch upstairs away from me.  Last time Fitz played, I flipped out to the point that she left the house.  lol  She said the game Petty started was the calmest I've been watchig the Jets in years.

19 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Knowing all we know about Bowles and the Jets, why is the surprising to anyone?

The worst part of this, to me, isn't the decision that was made. The worst part is that the head coach sees way more of Petty and Hack than any of us and Petty is back to the bench in a lost season and Hack is in sweatpants every Sunday. It's pretty damning of the QBs currently on the roster not named Fitz.

Maybe, but "with all we know about Bowles" would you accept their assessment of ANY player right now, especially the QB position?

NOT me.

Mr. Bitonti mentioned the value of winning, how it builds a culture of winning. Yeah, that's true in may cases because you generally need to do things right to win.

But then there's the Jets.

We saw how winning doesn't always build a culture of winning with the Jets this year. yeah, they won 10 games last year. And you would think that the winning would have built a culture of winning that would be obvious this year. But it didn't. The Jets are 3-7 and long out of the playoff picture.

My belief: there's winning and then there's winning the RIGHT WAY. Winning with some washed up Never Was against some losers who are going to lose unless you suck worse than they do doesn't build anything lasting. And that's exactly what we've seen. This year, instead of building on the winning, the Jets basically gave away games: Cincinnati, Miami, Kansas City, the list goes on. These were games that if a winning culture were created, the Jets would have won. Instead, because they hitched their wagon onto aging and other vets who have never won anything, they lost. This season shows that building a winning culture requires more than just beating up on tin cans of the league. It requires a winning attitude, something Todd Bowles simply does not have.

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I just texted my wife at work about Fitz starting.  She's already said that she'll watch upstairs away from me.  Last time Fitz played, I flipped out to the point that she left the house.  lol  She said the game Petty started was the calmest I've been watchig the Jets in years.

Lmao, that's awesome.

I'm very similar.  Petty wasn't especially good last week, but I don't mind watching/supporting bad football in an attempt to improve and rebuild.  Hell, we're all Jet fans, so we're obviously not frontrunners.

Stupidity (Bowles and Fitz) is another story though.  It's so phucking infuriating.

This is the most disappointing season in I don't know when. Fitz is a gamer that will give 110%. He just doesn't have it, period. Ranked 31 or 32. And like I said earlier I won't watch another game of ugly Jets football and Bowles with his no emotion face on the sidelines. Emotionless during the game and telling everyone in the post game presser we need to get better while they get worse every week. Bowles can't fix the Defense week in and week out. He abandoned his 34 D and doesn't blitz like last year. He gets out coached every week. Overall this team is just awful and if I look at some of the players like Mo getting pushed around and no fire in his belly there is no need to watch the game. He has lost the players and continues to make bad decisions. Petty has been in the system for 2 years. I don't buy the mantra that he's not ready. Put him out there, unleash him and let him sink or swim. He has superior athletic ability and knows the system. Can't watch noodle arm anymore. Who knows at the end of the season Bowles might name Fitz the starting QB for 2017. Wouldn't surprise me.

Just now, Mike135 said:

Lmao, that's awesome.

I'm very similar.  Petty wasn't especially good last week, but I don't mind watching/supporting bad football in an attempt to improve and rebuild.  Hell, we're all Jet fans, so we're obviously not frontrunners.

Stupidity (Bowles and Fitz) is another story though.  It's so phucking infuriating.

I'm sitting here laughing like a nut because my wife made me promise not to throw stuff on Sunday.  Told her I can't promise that. lol  Our neighbors must think we're maniacs.

Archived