Derek Carr and Raiders on MNF

Big Blocker

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Back in 2013 the narrative had to be that after 2 miserable no-playoff seasons it was all Mark Scapegoat's fault or else the blame would lie on Rex Ryan and, nope, couldn't have that.

Too many Rex Ryan lovers, local guy, blue collar, rough around the edges, thought he was the second coming of Don Shula, more than happy to run the best quarterback the Jets have had since Joe Namath out of town.  Oops.  They're feeling it today though.  At least there's that.

SAR I

Agree.

On one hand you had Rex Ryan who told them everything they wanted to hear and looked like someone at your tailgate, and on the other you had Mark Sanchez and his stupid GQ article. Jets fans were not able to separate that. 

53 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He has never been the same since the hit he took in the preseason game against the Giants.

SAR I

he is dumb like rock.  think about it, he took a knee instead of clocking it

I wish the jets operated more like kubiak, no dummies allowed

5 hours ago, NoBowles said:

When Sanchez had talent around him, he performed as well as could have been expected for a kid who should have still been in college, and led the team at the most important position to a 20-13 record, 2 AFC title games, and 4 road victories. Realistically, WTF did people expect of him in those years, Brett Favre type play?? The problem was when they took that talent away, and put SB or Bust expectations on him, he was not good enough nor ready for that. It was FKNG stupid as all hell, and he was ruined by it. He tried to make things happen that were not there all the time, and turned into a basket case.

I see, so if they sit, they may get better, but if they play, they can't get better.... Your world dog, we are all just squirrels trying to find a nut, hoping you will let us get one or two.

He was a less than mediocre QB who went for a ride with his team.  I love th thinking, he should have been in college.  As if that's not his fault, as if he was forced out of school.  WTF did people expect?  Not barely 50% completions, tons of inopportune TOs and no yardage.  And to get worse as time went on.  There were never, ever SB expectations on him, just another excuse.  Poor Mark, fans expected more than mediocrity from the 5th pick in he entire draft.  

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

He has never been the same since the hit he took in the preseason game against the Giants.

SAR I

I thought the BS excuse was he hit he took vs the Ravens?  Or which other piece of nonsense excuse are we on for Sanchez today? 

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mark Sanchez was not drafted to be our Drew Brees.  He was drafted to run a team modeled after the '85 Bears defense and the '64 Browns rushing attack.  When he had teams that could stop opponents, create turnovers, and run the ball effectively he thrived as a game manager with comeback ability to elevated his game in the postseason.  That wasn't him being "carried" by the rest of the team.  That was the mother fuc#ing plan. 

Mark Sanchez, on that type of team, was maturing into a quarterback good enough to get us to the Super Bowl.  We had a halftime lead at Indy.  He was the best Jet on the field at Pittsburgh.  When Rex's master plan fell apart, when we couldn't stop a cold on defense and when we couldn't run on offense, we fell behind early and had to throw the ball all over the place and Mark Sanchez isn't a 33 for 40 300 yards 3 TD's kind of quarterback and Chaz Schillens and Brian McKnight are not Antonio Brown and Todd Gurley.  Mark wasn't "exposed" as some type of fraud; Rex was exposed at failing to keep his end of the bargain, crappy defense, no running game, terrible OC, it was a joke.  Tom Brady couldn't have won 8 games with the 2012 Jets.

SAR I

Pure nonsense.  No one drafted Sanchez to be a game manager of a running team.  We had a running team because initially we had a team built to run, control the clock and use the leagues best defense.  When the Jets tried to open it up in year 3 Sanchez proved that he was incapable of running that type offense.  

He was good enough to get us where he did, providing the team plays perfectly.  That's it.  Not ever getting to a SB is a odd way of being sure he could get you to a SB.  Don't think you'd find too many who agree with that statement.  

Please, don't embarrass yourself by bringing Brady into this.  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I thought the BS excuse was he hit he took vs the Ravens?  Or which other piece of nonsense excuse are we on for Sanchez today? 

No nonsense.  After the throwing shoulder injury Sanchez wasn't the same. 

I never bought the Ravens excuse.  He went on a 6-2 run after that game to get us to 8-5.

SAR I

54 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pure nonsense.  No one drafted Sanchez to be a game manager of a running team.  We had a running team because initially we had a team built to run, control the clock and use the leagues best defense.  When the Jets tried to open it up in year 3 Sanchez proved that he was incapable of running that type offense.  

He was good enough to get us where he did, providing the team plays perfectly.  That's it.  Not ever getting to a SB is a odd way of being sure he could get you to a SB.  Don't think you'd find too many who agree with that statement. 

We absolutely drafted Sanchez to be a game manager of a running team.  You need to brush up on your history.

Brett Favre retired.  No decent free agents available.  Best option was to draft the best QB available, turned out to be a 22 year old kid who no one confused with Peyton Manning or Dan Marino.  He was rushed into duty to game manage a team with a great defense and a strong rushing attack.  In his second year, they added the ultimate check-down option in Ladanian Tomlinson.

We didn't try to "open it up in his third year".  We had no choice because we could not run and the defense couldn't stop anyone.  We opened it up because we were constantly trailing in games, constantly in third and long, and our quarterback and receivers were not built for an air show. 

Mark Sanchez was a very good quarterback on the type of team he was drafted to play for.  When we stopped channeling the '85 Bears and started acting like the '90 49ers, things got bad.  Completely understandable.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

We absolutely drafted Sanchez to be a game manager of a running team.  You need to brush up on your history.

Brett Favre retired.  No decent free agents available.  Best option was to draft the best QB available, turned out to be a 22 year old kid who no one confused with Peyton Manning or Dan Marino.  He was rushed into duty to game manage a team with a great defense and a strong rushing attack.  In his second year, they added the ultimate check-down option in Ladanian Tomlinson.

We didn't try to "open it up in his third year".  We had no choice because we could not run and the defense couldn't stop anyone.  We opened it up because we were constantly trailing in games, constantly in third and long, and our quarterback and receivers were not built for an air show. 

Mark Sanchez was a very good quarterback on the type of team he was drafted to play for.  When we stopped channeling the '85 Bears and started acting like the '90 49ers, things got bad.  Completely understandable.

SAR I

We absolutely did not. You can say it all you want, no one ever drafts a QB to be a game manager.  History?  Lol, yeah, there is a historical case to be made.  

We didn't try to open it up?  Did you actually go to games, or even watch this team?  I doubt it if you're going to continue to repeat the ridiculous statement that Mark Sanchez was a very good QB of any kind.  He was a shltty passer of the ball, he was a shltty game manager, a shltty QB on every level.  

Let's face it, from his impact on the Jets, his role on the Jets to, to poor Mark being the scapegoat, lol, the butt fumble you aren't ever going to get it right

• 1 year later...
On 11/26/2016 at 5:11 PM, NoBowles said:

Not trying to be a dick, sorry if I came across that way. You seem to have a problem with anyone who disagrees with you. I don't see the difference however in your stance in Sanchez vs. Geno. In your mind, Sanchez sucked, sucks and always will suck, and its no fault what was around him in 11-12, yet Geno sucked but we don't know if he could be good, because of what he had around him. I just ask for some consistency.

lol

Archived