Falcons new stadium...cheating, or not?

AFJF

Weird the hate for the stadium... Fans are closer to the field... Newer... Nicer... Better seats... Better Screens.... Field.... Less wind (yeah those louvers you make fun of had a purpose) .... Not to mention parking is easy and I get out of there in no time...

Dont forget how sh*tty the old stadium was... And how are any of the other stadiums actually better? Architecture? Give me a break its a f'ing football stadium

On 11/27/2016 at 7:25 AM, Jetster said:

That Westside Jet stadium was a thing of beauty. Would have certainly given the Jets a higher profile. Don't blame Woody for the current air conditioner they are playing in, blame unions. Look what you get when you have to hire union workers & pay them exorbitant dollars. 1.2 billion in NJ builds you a piece of crap that looks like a giant window air conditioner. 1.2 billion in Texas builds you the most beautiful stadium in the NFL. Northeast politics & corruption folks. It's why people don't retire in the Northeast, after working their whole lives there they take their money & run.

Sounds like someone is in need of a Brodian throwdown on steel costs.

6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Really? Ok then, have you ever seen the Cowboys stadium? You tell me how Jerry can build that for 1.2 billion, and then look at MetLife stadium for the same price. I'm waiting for your detailed answer.

6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Of course anyone earning a union wage will disagree. Fact is I have worked shows at the Javits center where you can only use UNION electricians. What a f*cking joke. We got some jamokes crackhead son that got in the union because of his father, (sound familiar?), and had to watch as this kid worked as slow as turtle at God knows what he was making an hour? 

Thats why companies like Boeing moved to North Charrleston. Unions are a thing of the past, companies in this country can't screw the worker like they did in the past (We now have a lawyers  & OSHA) Unions were useful when there was no protection, but now they've become obsolete. Just look at the NEA the strongest Union in the country, and in New York they protect horrible teachers with tenure, some with criminal records.

On 11/26/2016 at 11:48 AM, AFJF said:

Meant to ask this a few weeks ago out of sheer curiosity.  I heard the new stadium in Atlanta being discussed on Sirius and they've apparently structured the roof in such a way that the majority of the crowd noise is funneled toward the opponent's sideline, making it "ten times louder for the visiting team" according to the reporter being interviewed.

Home field advantage is one thing, but how do you fell about creating a stadium that means both teams are essentially playing in different conditions?  Especially for a team that was found to be funneling in artificial crowd noise a few years ago.

Thoughts?

Who cares. We have the oppositions fans coming into our stadium and drowning out our fans. Our opinion doesn't matter. 

On 11/26/2016 at 1:58 PM, joewilly12 said:

As a longtime diehard fan I dont like the fact that we share a stadium with the Giants.  

We had the opportunity to build a better stadium than the Giants and we blew it. 

Yes , so now we'd have our own stadium that on game days looks like a visiting stadium.

1 hour ago, pointman said:

Who cares. We have the oppositions fans coming into our stadium and drowning out our fans. Our opinion doesn't matter. 

LOL....none of our opinions matter about every topic on this board.

11 hours ago, ECURB said:

Weird the hate for the stadium... Fans are closer to the field... Newer... Nicer... Better seats... Better Screens.... Field.... Less wind (yeah those louvers you make fun of had a purpose) .... Not to mention parking is easy and I get out of there in no time...

Wait, what stadium are we talking about here? 

I've never been a season ticket holder. However, I do attend 4-6 games per year. One day, I definitely plan on being one but not at MetLife Stadium. 

It honestly saddens me and pains me to see us share a stadium in New Jersey with the Giants. First and foremost, the Jets need to be in NYC. It's that simple. Furthermore, our stadium is absolutely TERRIBLE. For the amount of money the Jets/Giants put into it, one would think it would actually look like a real stadium. On top of that, the product the management puts on the field sometimes makes it hard to watch on tv. 

We need to find a way to get a stadium in NYC. Is that possible or is it to late? 

SAR sighting in 3..2..1

On 11/26/2016 at 1:26 PM, joewilly12 said:

The opportunity was there to build a mecca stadium the best in the NFL 

It was like what happened to the White Sox in the 90s.  Baltimore and Cleveland opened beautiful new retro-stadiums and the White Sox spent more money and built an utter crap stadium that they had to renovate years later to look better.

MetLife Stadium was such a mistake design wise (not stadium sharing wise).  Sharing makes sense from a local fiscal aspect.  The design was just ridiculous.

10 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I've never been a season ticket holder. However, I do attend 4-6 games per year. One day, I definitely plan on being one but not at MetLife Stadium. 

It honestly saddens me and pains me to see us share a stadium in New Jersey with the Giants. First and foremost, the Jets need to be in NYC. It's that simple. Furthermore, our stadium is absolutely TERRIBLE. For the amount of money the Jets/Giants put into it, one would think it would actually look like a real stadium. On top of that, the product the management puts on the field sometimes makes it hard to watch on tv. 

We need to find a way to get a stadium in NYC. Is that possible or is it to late? 

SAR sighting in 3..2..1

Manhattan is out of the question because they're already developing where the WSS would be (karmic note that the guy to block that deal is going to jail).

The only hope for any NYC stadium is near Citifield, but that opportunity will dry up in a couple of years as well.

Archived