Jets v Pats game thread 11-27-16

Lizard King

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Larz said:

you are contradicting yourself.  spiller had the ball, lost the ball.  anderson had the ball, lost the ball

defense had the lead, lost the lead

it seems pretty clear your argument is based on contract value and position.  All I'm saying is lots of people chipped in today. 

If I clearly state reasons why I'm not expecting much from those players, then it's not a contradiction.  Yes.  Fitzpatrick's contract and position play a big reason into why I'm giving him the blame.   That and the fact that once again he fell flat on his stupid face when it mattered more than anything.  He had the ball last, he gave up the ball last.  He gets the blame.  Does that absolve everyone?  No.  Does that mean I'm gonna prance around and make it sound like he wasn't to blame at all like others in this thread have because of their undying love for him?  Hell no.

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You're absolutely right, there is no debating me right now. I was right and you and others were acting like assclowns while taking my "Max 6 wins" purposely out of context. 

So given that I took all of that throughout the rest of last season and the indirect statements referring to "max 6 wins" throughout the entire offseason, you're absolutely right that there's no debating with me when Fitzpatrick is the worst QB in the league with the most turnovers in the 4th quarter with the most INT's in the league and with a 3-8 record. 

Your debating time ended a long time ago. You should be quiet like the rest of those guys eating crow. Turning this into me "being high on the Jets losing" is only viewed as "the last bit of fight in you". Ryan Fitpatrick ******* sucks bro.

Oh boo hoo, woe is you. You were wrong last year and the Jets had its first winning season in 5 years. You were "right" this year and the Jets are in the road to another losing season. I'm sorry people gave you a deserved ribbing for your terrible thread. Do you need a safe space?

Enjoy your victory lap. I'm glad you take pleasure from the disappointment of others. Let us know what to expect next season so we can know if it's right to cheer for or against our team like you do. 

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Oh boo hoo, woe is you. You were wrong last year and the Jets had its first winning season in 5 years. You were "right" this year and the Jets are in the road to another losing season. I'm sorry people gave you a deserved ribbing for your terrible thread. Do you need a safe space?

Enjoy your victory lap. I'm glad you take pleasure from the disappointment of others. Let us know what to expect next season so we can know if it's right to cheer for or against our team like you do. 

You're washed up....irrelevant. 

See you next year. Just make sure you talk about how Fitz was the worst QB this year during the offseason, atleast you'll be consistent. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

You're washed up....irrelevant. 

See you next year. Just make sure you talk about how Fitz was the worst QB this year during the offseason, atleast you'll be consistent. 

Your personal life must be tragic to try and derive satisfaction like you're attempting to get over a game. I hope it gets better for you. 

Oh. And I'll be here the rest if this season because I care about this team, no matter who the QB is. Unlike you. A terrible fan. 

Your personal life must be tragic to try and derive satisfaction like you're attempting to get over a game. I hope it gets better for you. 

Oh. And I'll be here the rest if this season because I care about this team, no matter who the QB is. Unlike you. A terrible fan. 

And look, now you're trying to attack me personally. lmao! 

Once again this is proving to be poetic justice! lol. 

12 minutes ago, August said:

At least the game was good. Besides that I could've cared less if the Jets won or lost. 

agree, game was watchable through all four quarters, basic entertainment is the most you can expect from the NFL these days, classic SOJ ending was frustrating, would have been nice if they made a play or two on that last drive, game basically sums up Fitz's career, close but no cigar

39 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

I honestly think that some jet fans are clueless.  We lost on a fumbled catch as we were driving.  It should have never come down to the last drive. Good teams don't lose,the game, we,did.  The goat is Robbie Anderson, not Fitz.  Take off the hater glasses. Fitz is done here real soon, but today he didn't cost the game.   The D never gets a stop when needed and Anderson got the ball punched out in a very amature  fashion. 

No clueless is thinking the game was over at that point.  Good teams overcome adversity; even this team which no one would call a good one, came back and took the lead.   Once that happened Anderson was no longer the goat.  The defense, Bowles lack of Balls and Fitz reverting back to Fits are the reasons we lost.  Or you could say NE made the plays when they had to and the Jets didn't.  To blame this loss on Anderson is totally  idiotic.  The Pats wr Mitchell let a sure TD go right through is hands and that could have been the game right there and he would have been the reason they lost. Instead, Brady came right back on the next possession and scored.  That is what good teams and players do.  

Ha. Says the guy who has been calling be irrelevant on the internet for 2 hours now. Get over yourself. 

On the subject...sure, but in your personal life? I dont know you in order to even do that. 

Im f'ing owning you bro. Have the last word. I'll see your irrelevant ass next year lol. 

21 minutes ago, Larz said:

you are contradicting yourself.  spiller had the ball, lost the ball.  anderson had the ball, lost the ball

defense had the lead, lost the lead

it seems pretty clear your argument is based on contract value and position.  All I'm saying is lots of people chipped in today. 

Look, absolutely. The entire team blew the game and the defense, as it's done every single year since what seems like the beginning of time, blew it. 100%.

But, there's just something about a guy that's turned over the ball as many times as Fitz has being involved with yet another turnover with the game on the line and a chance to win in his hands. That fumble wasn't 100% on him. Neither is the loss. But the man has turned the football over eleventy billion times this season, so he hasn't exactly earned the right to be given a fair shake with an ending like that.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

On the subject...sure, but in your personal life? I dont know you in order to even do that. 

Im f'ing owning you bro. Have the last word. I'll see your irrelevant ass next year lol. 

Now you're owning me?! Jesus Christ you're inane. I always try to give the benefit of the doubt but you're just unfriendly, incompetent, and not worth the time anymore. Enjoy cheering against your team and continuing being the running joke of this board. 

41 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Laughing about your team losing. Classy. But we've come to expect that of you. 

Would you prefer he cried? What else can you do at this point but laugh?  You HC continues to squander an opportunity to evaluate his young quarterback because his 
"veteran" gives the team the "best chance to win" yet they keep losing.  If that is not clown show I don't know what is. 

5 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

No clueless is thinking the game was over at that point.  Good teams overcome adversity; even this team which no one would call a good one, came back and took the lead.   Once that happened Anderson was no longer the goat.  The defense, Bowles lack of Balls and Fitz reverting back to Fits are the reasons we lost.  Or you could say NE made the plays when they had to and the Jets didn't.  To blame this loss on Anderson is totally  idiotic.  The Pats wr Mitchell let a sure TD go right through is hands and that could have been the game right there and he would have been the reason they lost. Instead, Brady came right back on the next possession and scored.  That is what good teams and players do.  

But.....Fitzpatrick's QB rating....it couldn't have been his fault.   It was all big bad undrafted Bobby Anderson.  I mean yeah, we overcame that fumble but still :(((((((.

1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

Would you prefer he cried? What else can you do at this point but laugh?  You HC continues to squander an opportunity to evaluate his young quarterback because his 
"veteran" gives the team the "best chance to win" yet they keep losing.  If that is not clown show I don't know what is. 

He's been evaluating that QB for two years now. I've been calling for more games started by Petty for a while now. I'm at the whim of the coach as is everyone else. I'll at least cheer for the team and not root against them. 

11 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Look, absolutely. The entire team blew the game and the defense, as it's done every single year since what seems like the beginning of time, blew it. 100%.

But, there's just something about a guy that's turned over the ball as many times as Fitz has being involved with yet another turnover with the game on the line and a chance to win in his hands. That fumble wasn't 100% on him. Neither is the loss. But the man has turned the football over eleventy billion times this season, so he hasn't exactly earned the right to be given a fair shake with an ending like that.

Not after demanding 16mill and actually receiving 12mill, no he doesn't.  Almost every time we've gotten to the red zone this season?  Pick.  Every big drive in a crucial spot?  Turnover.  Game on the line under 2 minutes?  This 12 million dollar man ain't feeling that vibe homeboy.  Strip sack time.  

It's like f*cking clockwork with the guy.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Not after demanding 16mill and actually receiving 12mill, no he doesn't. Almost every time we've gotten to the red zone this season?  Pick.   Every big drive in a crucial spot?  Turnover.  Game on the line under 2 minutes?  This 12 million dollar man ain't feeling that vibe homeboy.  Strip sack time.  

There are many reasons why the Jets suck.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is definitely one of them.

Ryan Fitzpatrick IS the Same Ol' Jets!!

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I'll at least cheer for the team and not root against them. 

Root FOR them or AGAINST them, in the end, they suck.

For the record. I root AGAINST Fitzpatrick because the Jets offense with him leading it is IMPOTENT (and no, I'm not misspelling important).

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He's been evaluating that QB for two years now. I've been calling for more games started by Petty for a while now. I'm at the whim of the coach as is everyone else. I'll at least cheer for the team and not root against them. 

Well good for you. I personally could care less until they start evaluating the young quarterbacks on this team.  As long as Fitz is the quarterback they can lose every game for all I care. 

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Not after demanding 16mill and actually receiving 12mill, no he doesn't. Almost every time we've gotten to the red zone this season?  Pick.   Every big drive in a crucial spot?  Turnover.  Game on the line under 2 minutes?  This 12 million dollar man ain't feeling that vibe homeboy.  Strip sack time.  

The money is irrelevant. It's fine to be upset that the 24th highest paid QB isn't playing up to that lofty standard, but it's misplaced at best and a waste of your time either way. 

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick IS the Same Ol' Jets!!

Maybe you remember the Same Ol' Jets:

NIce guys, play just well enough just to lose...no matter who the competition is.

I've been there: the 1990s. I thought Parcells got rid of it, but it's back!!

Just now, JetBlue said:

Well good for you. I personally could care less until they start evaluating the young quarterbacks on this team.  As long as Fitz is the quarterback they can lose every game for all I care. 

They've been evaluating Petty for two seasons. They've been evaluating Hack for quite a while considering they drafted him so high. I'm not sure what you don't understand. Petty had a chance and he didn't impress. Does he deserve more? Of course. But let's not be naive to believe these guys aren't being evaluated each and every day. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

They've been evaluating Petty for two seasons. They've been evaluating Hack for quite a while considering they drafted him so high. I'm not sure what you don't understand. Petty had a chance and he didn't impress. Does he deserve more? Of course. But let's not be naive to believe these guys aren't being evaluated each and every day. 

Don't be obtuse.  You know I mean by starting Petty.  He played ONE GAME.  ONE! Against a good defensive team at that. Do you REALLY think that was enough of an opportunity?  Come on Man, just stop it.  If this is going to be your argument we can stop now.   

1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

Don't be obtuse.  You know I mean by starting Petty.  He played ONE GAME.  ONE! Against a good defensive team at that. Do you REALLY think that was enough of an opportunity?  Come on Man, just stop it.  If this is going to be your argument we can stop now.   

It doesn't matter what I think. The Jets have talent evaluators who get paid to do what they do. And so far they've decided he's not ready. He performance backed that assertion. Personally, I would like to see more of him, but that's not up to me. 

Although, Greg McElroy only got one game too and that was enough. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He should never be part of any team again in his life he is pure suck.

Graduated Harvard. Made millions upon millions of dollars playing a game. I would love for my life to suck that much. 

He'll be on a team next season unless he decides against it and retires. No need for dramatics. 

Archived