Jets v Pats game thread 11-27-16

Lizard King

Yesterday's game shows us how dreadfully bad we are as a team.  Except in spots, Brady was awful all day, over-throwing guys, etc. Plus their D played listless most of the game. 

That was an ideal time to pull out a victory.  Instead, we folded by getting beat for a late TD and Fitz--on cue--fumbled away a last minute comeback.  In a nutshell, that's the Jets this season: AWFUL/A JOKE.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldnt go as I made plans for the holiday weekend months ago.  Caught the game on the radio in the car, then second half at home.  Team played OK.  Don't see the point of him playing, but you can't criticize Fitz.  Played OK for the most part, probably his 2nd best performance of the year.  If Petty put up his #s yesterday, fanbase would be much happier, even with the loss.  Again came down to our defense not being able to make a key stop late in the game.  When NE converted that 4th down, that was it.  

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Yesterday's game shows us how dreadfully bad we are as a team.  Except in spots, Brady was awful all day, over-throwing guys, etc. Plus their D played listless most of the game. 

That was an ideal time to pull out a victory.  Instead, we folded by getting beat for a late TD and Fitz--on cue--fumbled away a last minute comeback.  In a nutshell, that's the Jets this season: AWFUL/A JOKE.

Todd Bowles couldn't adjust he couldn't take advantage of their weaknesses and there were many, good coaches make adjustments during the game this moron isn't capable of doing that. 

He needs to be fired!!!!!!!

14 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It's okay Phil. You misplaced you anger st the team. Transference happens. That said, Bowles will get another season. Then maybe Macc hires his own guy or it's another killing both guys with one fell swoop. Agreed on Hack. 

I think the Hack pick is far from being able to evaluate. One thing about Hack is that his intelligence and natural skill give him a ceiling of beSt QB in the NFL. Have no issue with a 2nd rounder for that potential  

Just now, johnnysd said:

I think the Hack pick is far from being able to evaluate. One thing about Hack is that his intelligence and natural skill give him a ceiling of beSt QB in the NFL. Have no issue with a 2nd rounder for that potential  

Unknown potential "what if" potential shorts and tee's potential.

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Maybe. He's a long way from that potential. He may have the arm talent, size, and intelligence but he's never put it all together, even in college. I think he was a reach in the 2nd.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Maybe. He's a long way from that potential. He may have the arm talent, size, and intelligence but he's never put it all together, even in college. I think he was a reach in the 2nd.

Carl I agree you dont waste 2nd round picks on projects Macc is a moron making that pick all because of Bill O'Brien......

Macc has 0 success in drafting anyone decent Williams was a no brainer..... the rest pfffft 

14 minutes ago, phill1c said:

There was still 2 minutes left in the game. Or should we just say "well done Fitz, you got a lead, end of game..."?

No but given that our HC is supposed to be a defensive genius, and we've spent/drafted so much on defense, I'd think we should be able to get one stop on a 4th down late in the game.  

3 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

No but given that our HC is supposed to be a defensive genius, and we've spent/drafted so much on defense, I'd think we should be able to get one stop on a 4th down late in the game.  

Yeah, well, apparently the Patriots have this winning thing kinda down Pat.

And, it'd be another thing if there weren't STILL two minutes leff in the game.

Basically, you'll say anything that paints Mr. Game Clinching Turnover in a flattering light.

4 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Yeah, well, apparently the Patriots have this winning thing kinda down Pat.

And, it'd be another thing if there weren't STILL two minutes leff in the game.

Basically, you'll say anything that paints Mr. Game Clinching Turnover in a flattering light.

I'm not pro anyone, he shouldn't be playing at this point.  I stated that in my OP.  He's lost us a ton of games this year.  However, yesterday the defense just didn't come up clutch.  If Fitz threw the game clinching pick into double coverage, I'd be all over him.  The defense, which is supposed to be "good", not getting a stop on a fourth and intermediate is much more significant than a journeyman QB fumbling after the LT got blown off the ball.

It's just that everyone knows about the QB situation, I don't think there is any real disagreement among the fans.  The failure of the prolonged failure of this defense in key situations needs to brought up as well.  The money, the draft picks, still the piss poor performance.  That's on the HC.

1 minute ago, jmat321 said:

I'm not pro anyone, he shouldn't be playing at this point.  I stated that in my OP.  He's lost us a ton of games this year.  However, yesterday the defense just didn't come up clutch.  If Fitz threw the game clinching pick into double coverage, I'd be all over him.  The defense, which is supposed to be "good", not getting a stop on a fourth and intermediate is much more significant than a journeyman QB fumbling after the LT got blown off the ball.

It's just that everyone knows about the QB situation, I don't think there is any real disagreement among the fans.  The failure of the prolonged failure of this defense in key situations needs to brought up as well.  The money, the draft picks, still the piss poor performance.  That's on the HC.

No argument here. the Jets suck. The defense sucked. And then Fitzpatrick reverted to form "the game-clinching turnover".

And, yeah, the HC did his normal ineffective job.

It's the Same Ol' Jets, from Defense, to Special Teams, to Offense, to Head Coaching. Play just well enough to lose.

Archived